Sign in to follow this  
korn101

Best Airbus payware at the moment ? (FSX)

Umhmm, indeed I saw. Still gonna try it, better than nothing, eh?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

when you say no sids dp's - you mean being able to change them on the fly, yes? I mean if you have a good flight planner you could put them right in your flight planner and it should fly it, correct?

Ciao!

The user mod for FBW can be found here. To see all the liveries that are avaiable, go here. The airplane just uses your FSX flightplan, so if you have your fixes in your flightplan, it will follow them, although you're on your own with altitude constraints. If you use FSX ATC, keep in mind that if your experience is like mine, you will be vectored too high and fast to reasonably land, at least if you use VNAV descent. Remember, this was never marketed as a hard core Airbus sim, but for the "after work flyer" who wants a very good looking airplane without a lot of operational detail. My only objection to it was that the FBW was FUBAR, and the user mod pretty much solved that. (Don't forget you need a registered version of FSUIPC for the mod to work!) I still enjoy it when I want to just dial my brain back a couple of notches and have fun in the sim. I have often been tempted to get rid of it for good, but it always seems to find its way back into my hangar. Probably the looks.

I reinstalled the Aeorosoft Airbus and I used the third-party FBW patch. I like it. Although it's not as realistic as an Airbus flyer (which is not me) might want, it's certainly far more precise than the original FBW. The protections are in place, but seem a bit wonky here and there. Overall, a definite improvement! Also, using the third-party Lua scripts, I was able to get it to work with my Saitek throttle quadrant via FSUIPC. I think I have a flyable Airbus in my hangar now wink.png

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The user mod for FBW can be found here. To see all the liveries that are avaiable, go here.
Never saw the FBW fix Tim, Thanks. I actually had a terrible experience with Aerosoft and the Airbus X, which is surprising for an upstanding company such as them. I installed it, and the problems began. I'm a real pilot that jumpseats (rides in the cockpit) of many A3xx's. Well, for me, the plane was completely useless and unflyable. Landing was impossible. The joystick would not work at all, until 100 ft, but still too late to salvage a landing. I'm not going to change my settings for EVERY single airplane I load. Planes should be modeled with nominal settings. Maybe that's my fault.When I contacted support, all I got was "Sorry, we can not refund [i wasn't really expecting one but had to ask...first FS product i've ever asked on] digital products. We can not offer support, we have never seen that issue". That's the best they could do for me. Super frustrating. FBW is great and all, but in real life that contributes to a normal feel in the flying the airplane, just as one would get with a Boeing yoke. Not locking the pilots out of hand flying until 100 ft. I'm interested in the FBW fix and I'll try tomorrow. But, unless that works some serious magic, I can't in good conscious recommend this product. I'd suggest the freeware PA planes.

There is always the Justflight A3xx Jetliner series. They are quite good-looking (IMHO) but at a systems level are only slightly enhanced compared to the default jets. Worth a look at the price if you like their F-Lite planes.

I'm not going to change my settings for EVERY single airplane I load. Planes should be modeled with nominal settings. Maybe that's my fault.
Nope, I agree 100% Developers should never require you to change your settings just to accommodate their product unless they clearly state that you will be required to do so. That being said, I never had the problems with the throttle assignments that everyone complained about (before the Lua script). With a registered copy of FSUIPC and Saitek TQ's, they worked from day one. I have not tried the FBW fix yet because I have not flown it in a while but the workaround I used was turning of FBW before landing.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think if you'll try the FBW fix you'll be pleasantly surprised. I practiced a lot with the Aribus X before that, and got to where I could often make good landings using very tiny control inputs. Even so, at the end of some long flights I the nose would inexplicably drop down at 400 ft. AGL on short final and that would be the end. Now I am confident enough to fly, as I did last night, from Lisbon to Madeira and execute the difficult (for me) curving 05 approach at Funchal without a problem. Joshua Che is the name of the kid who did the mod, btw... thought I'd give him credit. And "Holgi" is a very prolific repainter (thanks for the TAP livery I used last night). Between the two of these guys, the Airbus X is viable for me. If you're thinking about buying, though, do your research and understand that this is not supposed to be a complex sim, and probably won't work right without some tinkering. Its a shame Aerosoft couldn't get it right in the first place, and I will be very cautious about their next "more advanced" Airbus that they are woking on. And as for "we never saw that issue," that is disengenuous. The forums were full of it, and the patches were supposed to address it.