Sign in to follow this  
trisager

NGX: Cold & Dark to CDU Preflight Complete

A couple of weeks ago I began writing a complete tutorial for the NGX, covering all phases of flight from cold and dark startup to shutting down and securing the aircraft. I quickly discovered that this was a somewhat larger task than I had anticipated smile.png At this point I'm grinding the procedure of setting up the overhead, taking screenshots and writing description. I have completed the parts that describe how to load and fuel the aircraft, power up the airplane, and how to complete the CDU preflight procedure. I've decided to make those parts available now instead of waiting until everything is done, partly because I hope that some may find it useful in its current state, and also to get some feedback that I can use when writing the rest of the tutorial. The intended audience ranges from those that are completely new to Boeing-type addons in FSX, to those who know how to get in the air and land, but would like a more solid understanding of the airplane and its systems. The main advantage over the extensive documentation supplied by PMDG is that this tutorial is designed to be read sequentially rather than to be used as a reference. You can download it here: http://stickleback.d...P11/NGXvol1.pdf (A4 format) or here: http://stickleback.d...11/NGXvol1L.pdf (Letter format). I hope you enjoy it, and any feedback is most welcome.

It looks really good. I also like some of the background information you've included. I had a problem opening the .kml file early in the intro. (No, I do not have Google Earth installed as an app, but I do not know if it is needed) If only one company could give us a good sim dispatch with wx and fuel planner... sad.png

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Things look really good. I do have one question, tough. Can you tell us with how much fuel you arrived in KLAX? Thanks.

Cristi Neagu

Thanks, guys!

I had a problem opening the .kml file early in the intro. (No, I do not have Google Earth installed as an app, but I do not know if it is needed)
Google Earth is needed to open this file. It is just an overview, though, nothing important.
Can you tell us with how much fuel you arrived in KLAX? Thanks.
I will, once I get there - I just realized that I've been working on this in my spare time for about two weeks, and I haven't actually gotten around to flying the route yet blink.png. Right now the FMC is predicting 7,400 lbs landing fuel, somewhat more than the 5,570 lbs that I calculated with help from vRoute. Mind you, vRoute uses real-world winds, so that may account for the difference.

This is perfect, just what I need. Thank you very much.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Right now the FMC is predicting 7,400 lbs landing fuel, somewhat more than the 5,570 lbs that I calculated with help from vRoute. Mind you, vRoute uses real-world winds, so that may account for the difference.
I have a feeling that might go down once you take off. I was asking because i have a freeware fuel planner, and i wanted to see how it compares to vRoute, and how good vRoute is. It gave me about 100lbs less fuel than what vRoute gave you. Anyways, thanks.

Cristi Neagu

AWESOME!!! Thanks! Really like it! Looks good, great information, love the sequential setup of it all. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif After using the tutorial as some sort of checklist for my own flights, I was about ready for something like this! Cool! Looking forward to the other parts!!!