Sign in to follow this  
Timmer

"Unable at this time"

It seems my controllers are watching pre-season football or something because they don't have time to do anything. I just got done trying for 15 minutes to get IFR clearance and all I got was "Unable at this time." I've had similar issues previously with IFR flights. It seems whether asking for takeoff or landing about half the time the controllers would be unable to comply many times instantly followed with acceptance of my request. Has anyone else run into these issues or know if something got out of whack? Thank you!

Which version are you running? I've got 5.63, and whenever I have trouble trying to start up ATC on my flight, I'll make sure that my flight plan is saved to my flight scenario and end the flight. Then I'll load it back up and try Vox again. Usually works after that.

Thank you for the reply. I am using the most current version, 6.05. I have noticed sometimes it comes down to me not following what it wants exactly despite what it wants is pretty weird -- one time it got hung up because I didn't do a radio check with clearance delivery. Who does that? But other times just asking for permission to land on a VFR flight caught the tower napping. Hopefully I can figure it out. As I said in another thread, it's great when it works :)

As neat as VoxATC is, it's not going to be as flexible as working with real controllers like on Vatsim. It is still limited by it's programming, "if - then" scenarios, and such. I've had it hang up on me at times, so I just restarted my flight and VoxATC again and i was good. Another time, it hung up mid-flight. I just disabled and enabled VoxATC again, and it was able to catch up with where I was and get me going again. My last flight was an IFR flight to a small airport with Unicom, and it was napping. I didn't get the option to announce I was clear of the runway. No biggie, though. It's not 100% perfect, but I think I works well for what it can do. Default ATC works 98% of the time for me, but it's also 98-100% annoying too. I was getting to the point where I would only use the default ATC to get Taxi maneuvers and Landing procedures. I'd turn it off other times. It was getting pointless. VoxATC brought back the fun of using ATC again, and I love the vocal practice. I'll be more prepared for Vatsim the next time I go on thanks to VoxATC.

.... "Unable at this time." VFR KASN holding short runway 27 , it's 95F, no AC, in my Commander 114, & this damn thing is holding me for 45 minutes, before clearing ....... Cry.gif

.... "Unable at this time." VFR KASN holding short runway 27 , it's 95F, no AC, in my Commander 114, & this damn thing is holding me for 45 minutes, before clearing ....... Cry.gif
Well now that may be realistic. KSAN I don't think is too GA friendly, plus us San Diegans get grumpy in hot weather like today ;)

Have you tried pressing your PTT button a couple of times, or saying 'Disregard "Callsign"', this sometimes clears it. Chris

..... Did press the PTT and finally ,after 45 minuts, I got clear for take off..... 30 minuts into I asked Tower if he can get me ice latte from Starbucks , but got no response ! lol

I must admit, I've said some pretty unpleasant requests to ATC after a dozen "Unables" and "Last aircraft, say again"s. Usually followed by another "Last aircraft, say again" like they didn't understand me!

A couple of weeks back I told the controller to 'sod off', which resulted in a Fatal Error! ;)Chris

A couple of weeks back I told the controller to 'sod off', which resulted in a Fatal Error! ;) Chris
You see?! There's proof that VoxATC understands what you say and responds appropriately. LOL.gif

It seems my controllers are watching pre-season football or something because they don't have time to do anything. I just got done trying for 15 minutes to get IFR clearance and all I got was "Unable at this time." I've had similar issues previously with IFR flights. It seems whether asking for takeoff or landing about half the time the controllers would be unable to comply many times instantly followed with acceptance of my request. Has anyone else run into these issues or know if something got out of whack? Thank you!
I had a similar problem. I could not get clearence no matter what I did.It turned out that in add on airports there some gates or parking spots that atc "does not recognize". In my case it was a gate that did not exist in the default airport, but it existed in the same addon airport. Once I moved to other gate, I got the clearence with no problems.Hope this will help...

I had a similar problem. I could not get clearence no matter what I did.It turned out that in add on airports there some gates or parking spots that atc "does not recognize". In my case it was a gate that did not exist in the default airport, but it existed in the same addon airport. Once I moved to other gate, I got the clearence with no problems.Hope this will help...
Doesn't the Indexer fix this, since it reads the information in your FSX folder?

Doesn't the Indexer fix this, since it reads the information in your FSX folder?
It didn't in my case. But it was only happening in that particular airport (brussel). Probably it was a problem with the airport add on...

The Indexer would fix it, however you need to make sure you only the Stock AFCAD and 1 Addon AFCAD active. I.e if you use the likes of Traffic X you'd need to disable those else VoxATC would read both and cause issues.Chris