Sign in to follow this  
AFROPILOT

Estimated release date of the PMDG 777?

Does anyone know the estimated release date of the PMDG 777 project? Shocked.gif
It will be released when it is ready, let us just focus on the NGX and let the team sort out and bumps and cracks, then you can rant all over the 777 all you want.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

A good guess would be 12 months, but nobody really knows.
Well, Mark, considering they have done so well on the NGX, and their Technology is up to par, I think it would be really time efficient if the went with some coding from the NGX.I definitely think the reason the NGX took so long to develop is because they built it ground up.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Any chance of a Christmas release? Praying.gif Just kidding

You're gonna have to change your name to ERX Or LRX tongue.png
LRX of course :( or maybe....TripleSeven?

If you get a chance head over to fsbreak and listen to the podcast with the PMDG Team it's a great interview. PMDG said that alot of the technology break throughs they developed for the NGX would port to the 777. Robert also said he didn't anticipate future projects would take as long as the NGX. The built the NGX from scratch! i wish they would do a behind the scenes movie to clear some of the mystery up

Wow! A 777 Thread where the OP doesn't get attacked (or suspected as a troll due to low post count)? LOL.gif On topic: I would hazard to guess there will be not an official estimate until closer to release. Also, I do not think this community knows enough to even give an educated guess. Maybe we'll hear about a beta test then we can specualte, but as of right now, with the information we have, there is no way of knowing. TL;DR: Your guess is as good as mine ATM.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

**Starter pistol** And they're off! Wow, we're starting with the 777 already? Wow. My money's on 18 months. Keep the blue side up!

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

We all know PMDG laid the NGX release date out from day out and met it shooting par for the NGX course, so I'm sure any day we'll here about the T7 date.... Just hold your breath, keep holding. OK, the real part. PMDG as to my understanding (not speaking for them) dose not work to a timeline but rather work for quality products. Quality vs Time can be unpredictable and almost 100% sure they would/will not say even a rough estimate for two reasons, one to avoid the "it's XX-XX-XX date, where's the plane", and two not to rush themselves as again they don't work on a timeline. Sure PMDG can even provide a 3rn and 4th reason. One thing is almost certain is that it will not be long as the NGX as others mentioned why. I would love to have the 777 ASAP to start my long hauls flights back and after seeing the NGX I know it will be worth whatever wait. Maybe ask again when first WIP preview drops!

Wow so many responses...thanks everyone - I'll hold my breath! And I agree with you VLJ510, I'd prefer Quality over Time any day. I'm sure once we finally hear about it (whenever that may be), the finished product will be on Final Approach Praying.gif