Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Prepar3D

Hi John, There are a lot of others issues like scenary, weather and others that we would like to know how them work into prepar3d!Why not a shareware copy? Free for 30 days or more since we will be beta testers for use in a flight simulation environment. It looks like fantastic but.....
The monthly subscription of $9.99 would act as a "shareware" version. You can't go wrong. Considering that Lockheed has made some improvements. the other question to ask is how many FSX users will actually switch over to Prepar3D thus making it a worth while venture for developers to use it more. Not knowing the true path of MS Flight, I think P3D is going to be the way to go

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

For Victor, sorry that the website isn't clear enough. I will work with Lockheed communications to try to get some clarity on that. We are just a bunch of engineers and not necessarily the best at marketing!! Regards,John NicolPrepar3D.
No need to apologize my friend. You have answered my questions adequately with your post. Furthermore, believe me when I tell you I know how you feel. I might not be an engineer, but I do know how it feels to try to get the message across and not feel quite apt to do it (general surgeon). Bedside manner will alwys be a work in progress, in my case. :)

I am also excited in this - prepar3D, would like to see if it is a another choise other than MS Flight in the future.

Z. C

I currently see FSX Gold listed at a well known online retailer (one that has something to do with one rain forest or another) at $28.26. Now... FSX is quite an old game (hence the price), but if Prepar3D would cost 4 times as much, I'd buy it. Just having a much more realistic simulation platform would be worth it. And... who knows... maybe in Prepar3D the NGX would finally benefit from a Wx radar :(

Cristi Neagu

Hello John, Is Lockheed working on making P3D a 64 bit application? Because if they do, it would mean the end of FSX, IMO.
Hi Dennis, Not yet, the task we are working on right now is an upgrade of the rendering engine to DirectX11. It would be great to get to 64 bit at some stage, but not on the immediate radar just yet. Regards,John

I am also excited in this - prepar3D, would like to see if it is a another choise other than MS Flight in the future.
If the price will drop a lot, I believe! US$ 400 is Veryyyy expensive for someone that need to buy a lot of addons like scenaries, aircrafts, enviroment softwares, crews, etc.It would be better an excelent cheap plataform with expensives goods addons like FSX and adons as ORBX, PMDG, REX, etc.

Out of curiosity, I copied the 737 over to the P3D directory, etc etc, I was wrong -- Yes, it does "RUN" but there are quite a few "issues". It probably has potential to run in P3D, if those issues were addressed by PMDG at some later date.However, because of those issues, and potential licencing issues, I have deleted it from the P3D directories. Others may have more Success -- I'll just be happy to have it running without issues in FSX
http://www.prepar3d....viewtopic&t=115 Looks like this guy has REX, weather, hardware, etc. working... If only someone who has P3D, FSX and PMDG products is willing to experiment... :) Geoff, can you elaborate on what problems you had? Would you mind trying the link above to see if you can get other PMDG (and addons) working? Do it for us all! ;) IMHO, Prepar3D has massive potential in our hobby... Massive. Im surprised PMDG dont have a license - i would have thought they would have been all over it! :)

http://www.prepar3d....viewtopic&t=115 Looks like this guy has REX, weather, hardware, etc. working... If only someone who has P3D, FSX and PMDG products is willing to experiment... :) Geoff,, can you elaborate on what problems you had? Would you mind trying the link im my post to see if you can get other PMDG (and addons) working? Do it for us all! ;) IMHO, Prepar3D has massive potential in our hobby... Massive. Im surprised PMDG dont have a license - i would have thought they would have been all over P3D! :)
From what I can see ( IMHO) (1) P3D is still in development, and has stability issues, that are being resolved during development(2) PMDG 737NGX has stability issues that are being resolved, hopefully by SP1 At the moment, combining "P3D" + "PMDG 737NGX" results in a stability nightmare. Also, it would appear from the "No License" statement from PMDG, that the 737NGX was never beta tested with P3D (fair enought). -- It is sold as a FSX addon .. not a P3D compatable addon - so there should be expectations that it will function correctly when used in P3D. When I tried the 737 with P3D, I assume I could do so because both FSX & P3D were on the same machine, so it would seem that the 737 registration system was happy, as it was the same PC. I copied over the PMDG files, from FSX to P3D, and ran P3D. ( PMDG directory, aircarft in simobjects/aircarft, fonts & gauges, edited dll.xml) Plane loaded & Initialized. I could load other saved panels. Sound was messed up - really wierd sounding -- maybe I missed copying over something ? All controls I tried functioned, just did a very basic Engine start, and take off without programming the FMC.Plane flew as expected, just the audio was not right.10 minutes into flight, P3D crashed on me... could have been P3D, could have been PMDG 737. Since I have no desire to attempt to fly the PMDG 737 in P3D, I then deleted the PMDG files I had copied over. As far as I am concerned, it might be worth trying again, after 737NGX SP1, if that appears to fix some FSX additional stability issues, and after the expected P3D update to 1.2 Since P3D is not Vatsim Compatible, and so few are active in P3D Multiplayer, and the 737NGX is not FSX/P3D MP compatible, I see little point in spending any more of my resources to persue this, at the present time.

I will defffnetly try this for my PCT-cock pit setup...For NGX.. not in near future.. Are there any hints regarding how hard it loads "hard ware" comparing to original FSX ?

I copied over the PMDG files, from FSX to P3D, and ran P3D. ( PMDG directory, aircarft in simobjects/aircarft, fonts & gauges, edited dll.xml) Plane loaded & Initialized. I could load other saved panels. Sound was messed up - really wierd sounding -- maybe I missed copying over something ?
CORRECTION I did miss something -- the PMDG "sound" folder !!! Duhhhh ! Copied that over, and of course, the correct sounds then were heard. So now, from what I have seen so far, the PMDG 747NGX "seems" to work just as well in P3D as it does in FSX.

Were there any restrictions in the Microsoft deal from licensing P3D for the domestic market? P3D would become the flight simmers choice if MS Flight is a bodge.

I'm extremely intrigued by this platform. I was aware of ESP, but thought it had disappeared off the face of the earth when M.S. Sold the intellectual rights to Lockheed Martin. I am aware like everyone else of M.S. Flight in development, but still have the normal concerns of after release support, unless it's something like installation issues. I also have concerns about whether M.S. Flight will be an evolving product even with the use of Windows Live. Frankly, I would gladly spend $500 for a properly supported flight simulator that continuously evolves over time. When one considers that a lot of us spend that much a year on add-ons for a program that has not changed in 5 years it doesn't seem so bad. Even the $9.95 per month option isn't that bad when I consider I nearly spend that annually on my Norton 360 subscription. I would opt for the Commercial license more out of convenience, so long as non-commercial use aircraft would still install. I too would very much like to see a move in the 64 bit direction; (can you even readily purchase 32 bit processors anymore?). I find the delay in this direction very frustrating considering how fast the move from 16 to 32 bit occurred in the past. As a result, we're still not getting the best our modern systems have to offer. If M.S. Flight is a native 64 bit simulation it will have my focus of attention. If it can utilize my SLI setup that currently no simulation does, it will be a further bonus. Since Prepar3D is stuck on the 32 bit bandwagon, I'll have to take that into consideration before I make a decision to proceed into this interesting new option.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Were there any restrictions in the Microsoft deal from licensing P3D for the domestic market? P3D would become the flight simmers choice if MS Flight is a bodge.
Did you read the post by John Nicol of Prepar3D? Go back to page 1 of this thread and read it.....
CORRECTION I did miss something -- the PMDG "sound" folder !!! Duhhhh ! Copied that over, and of course, the correct sounds then were heard. So now, from what I have seen so far, the PMDG 747NGX "seems" to work just as well in P3D as it does in FSX.
So your original statement "P3D + PMDG 747NGX" = stability nightmare might be a tad pessimistic? Whistle.gif

Hi Guys, I have really no idea, why I should buy Prepar3D if it is FSX.... Or I did not understood the differences between them.... regards Pascal