Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Prepar3D

Did you read the post by John Nicol of Prepar3D? Go back to page 1 of this thread and read it..... So your original statement "P3D + PMDG 747NGX" = stability nightmare might be a tad pessimistic? Whistle.gif
NO, both have issues, so when you combine them, you have a far higher probability of a hang up/crash, making the combination totally unusable ( at the moment ) in a Commercial enviroinment. But, yes, it does work, but the big question is always "For how long"

Hi Guys, I have really no idea, why I should buy Prepar3D if it is FSX.... Or I did not understood the differences between them.... regards Pascal
What people must apprecaite is that P3D is a COMMERCIAL Product, for Commercial use. It's not licensed for casual gaming.It's not prices for the average gamer. ($400 ish )It's NOT a REPLACEMENT, or a currently a significant Update to the FSX platform. P3D's Multiplayer is NOT compatable with FSX's Multiplayer P3D is still under development, so IMHO, any current or soon to be released version is a Beta. But, it is interesting to watch how it is being developed, and gives a glimps into what FS11 "could" have become ..

I will subscribe to P3D in the next few days when Ver 1.2 is released.If I can get the NGX to work well I will be using P3D as my simulator platform.On their site it is possible to communicate with the programmers and this will be the 2ndupdate since April. I really think that this platform is the way forward for serious flight simulation. I have no great expectations about MS Flight. Fred.

What people must apprecaite is that P3D is a COMMERCIAL Product, for Commercial use. It's not licensed for casual gaming.It's not prices for the average gamer. ($400 ish )It's NOT a REPLACEMENT, or a currently a significant Update to the FSX platform. P3D's Multiplayer is NOT compatable with FSX's Multiplayer P3D is still under development, so IMHO, any current or soon to be released version is a Beta. But, it is interesting to watch how it is being developed, and gives a glimps into what FS11 "could" have become ..
Wow, a lot of emotion here. Lockheed themselves have said that anyone can buy it. The END USE is the issue, which is that it cannot be used as a game. It is NOT a BETA. It may still have issues, however it has had a lot of fixes and is more stable than FSX. If P3D is a BETA then FSX is pre-ALPHA. Who cares if P3D Multiplayer is not compatible? The existing FSX multiplayer is a piece of crap. P3D is fantastically still under development and has had two releases (soon to be a third) since they launched, fixing a ton of bugs. Indications are that there are more releases coming. We wait two or three years between releases with NO bug fixes for MS FS!! <edit: Also, people are all fixated about the $499 price. Why don't people join the developer network for $9.95 per month? > Wow, why all the negativity? Didn't eat your weetbix today?

Wow, a lot of emotion here. Lockheed themselves have said that anyone can buy it. The END USE is the issue, which is that it cannot be used as a game. It is NOT a BETA. It may still have issues, however it has had a lot of fixes and is more stable than FSX. If P3D is a BETA then FSX is pre-ALPHA. Who cares if P3D Multiplayer is not compatible? The existing FSX multiplayer is a piece of crap. P3D is fantastically still under development and has had two releases (soon to be a third) since they launched, fixing a ton of bugs. Indications are that there are more releases coming. We wait two or three years between releases with NO bug fixes for MS FS!! <edit: Also, people are all fixated about the $499 price. Why don't people join the developer network for $9.95 per month? > Wow, why all the negativity? Didn't eat your weetbix today?
Thank you for correcting his statement because a lot of that info is just false.

(SIGH) No emotion here, just plain facts. You seem to be the "emotional one" with your strange comment "The existing FSX multiplayer is a piece of crap." Technically, FSX Multiplayer works GREAT , as does Shared Cockpit. Both are a great step forward over FS9. The "crap" you must be referring to must be your apprecaition of fellow Flight Simmers... sad.!!You obviously do not move in the right FS circles.
Thank you for correcting his statement because a lot of that info is just false.
Care to elaborate on what "is just false" ???? If you are going to assue me of making False statements, then please be specific, and correct what is stated incorrectly. Nothing I said in the previous post was "INCORRECT" (sigh)

(SIGH) No emotion here, just plain facts. The "crap" you must be referring to must be your apprecaition of fellow Flight Simmers... sad.!!You obviously do not move in the right FS circles.
Really? Calling P3D a beta is a "fact"? Must be pretty bad weetbix you have there. Apparently I just called fellow Flight Simmers crap? OK. Maybe you should stop while you are ahead waaaaayyyy behind. OK, time out. This is the first time I have been caught in a flame trap and I am p!ssed off at myself for getting into this. Geoff, I apologize for using the word crap relating to the FSX multiplayer. It is obviously a topic close to your experience. I am still unhappy that P3D has been characterized as a beta product, but I should have expressed myself better. Bob

Really? Calling P3D a beta is a "fact"? Must be pretty bad weetbix you have there. Apparently I just called fellow Flight Simmers crap? OK. Maybe you should stop while you are ahead waaaaayyyy behind.
Not at all ... (1) I said that IMHO, I considered P3D , to still be in Beta, as it was being updated under developemnt so frequently.( and for me, Ver 1,2 IS in BETA !! ) (2) You might read CHOCK's quick review of Prepar3D: http://forum.avsim.n...-esp-based-sim/( especially the last paragraph) (3) Why all the EMOTION ??? lol (4) I am way ahead of you -- thank you very much for your obvious concern., ( Your reference to weetbix , explains a lot - I understand )

Multiplayer Experience has been redesigned and improved !! http://www.prepar3d....-release-notes/
+1 One neat feature missing from that list. P3D Version 1.2 will now support MULTIPLE co-pilots sharing the Pilot's Cockpit. ( FSX only supported ONE co-pilot) Fantastic Training Feature -- ie. Now one Experienced Pilot can have more than one student Co-Pilot in the Cockpit for training, and anyone in the Cockpit can be given control of the Plane, while the othere watch & learn. ie Now you can have a Pilot, Co-Pilot, Navigator, and a Flight Engineer, all in the Cockpit at the same time, for those older aircarft that required more than two crew. ie. Multi-Radar- station AWACS to support Military missions ie. In the EXTREME, you could have Pilot, Co-Pilots, and a whole slew of REAL Passengers(if you can keep them in their seats, and stop them wanting to come up to the cockpit, to fly the plane !!) REALLY COOL !!!

Hi John, does P3D will support AIRACs database update via Navigraph?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi to all, New to AVSIM but a long time simmer with FS (back to Sublogic FSII) and X-plane I just discovered Prepar3d yesterday. It seems there is confusion about what people think it is. Here is the way I see it: It is not FSX or FS11 or so. It is a new sim developped using MS-ESP which is the same plateform FSX has been developped. Coding might have been used but it is not sequel to FSX. MS-ESP is nothing more than a visual simulation software development platform that can be used for flight sim, train sim , car sim or sub-marine sim or so... It looks like on a working public "beta" stage, well every software in the world are in sort of "Beta" stage anyway as there is always improvements... You can "participate" in the developpement for a monthly fee or buy a full license, LM needs money to develop, like any other dev business. It won't compete MS-Flight because MS-Flight will not be FS11. MS-Flight will be a "casual gamer" easy way game which will include a social networking (like XBox on Live) to fly with friend nothing more. It is not headed to be a complex sim in anyway like FSX is. So I don't know why some people think and expect it to be a FS11, it was clearly explained at the first announcement of MS-Flight. Just wanted to share my thoughts. ++

.. It won't compete MS-Flight because MS-Flight will not be FS11. MS-Flight will be a "casual gamer" easy way game which will include a social networking (like XBox on Live) to fly with friend nothing more. It is not headed to be a complex sim in anyway like FSX is. So I don't know why some people think and expect it to be a FS11, it was clearly explained at the first announcement of MS-Flight....
This is not a factual statement and it is infact contradictory to every statement that MS have put out. MS have said that it will be a sim just as much as FS9 and FS10 was a sim.

Hi Everyone, I have posted in another topic as well and apologize to the moderators for cross-posting. There appears to be a lot of speculation, rumours and unfortunately incorrect information floating around about Prepar3D in the forums. Including the above posts where some fairly definitive statements have been made about the product, but are unfortunately wrong, or easily open to misinterpretation. If I can suggest that people go over to the Prepar3D website and read up about the product and go to the Prepar3D forums to ask their questions, we can answer those questions directly and you will all know that it is the definitive answer as it has come from Lockheed Martin. Not trying to drive traffic away from Avsim at all, just trying to provide a mechanism for people to get direct answers to direct questions rather than guessing or trying to divine intentions remotely. We are pretty open and will answer whatever we can as long as it doesn't have competitive or proprietary information constraints. Thanks and look forward to talking with you! wink.png Regards,John NicolPrepar3D