Sign in to follow this  
Circletoland

NGX Engine failure and fire takeoff VIDEO

We are in Muenster Osnabrueck EDDG, short, wet runway, gusty crosswinds, heavy Boeing 737 - with the engine failure / fire we return to Muenster 6 tons above maximum landing weight with a flaps 15 landing... Part 1

Part 2
Thank you PMDG! What a great training device! Berni Lamberts

Very nice and educational video. I really enjoyed how realistic NGX simulates the Engine Failure...Thanku!

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Nice job. Should really have put up 7700 on the transponder since you did put out a mayday, it helps ATC know you have issues if you are too busy dealing with stuff to answer radio calls and they know to get people out of your way when that number shows up on the scopes, but apart from that it was very cool indeed. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice job. Should really have put up 7700 on the transponder since you did put out a mayday, it helps ATC know you have issues if you are too busy dealing with stuff to answer radio calls and they know to get people out of your way when that number shows up on the scopes, but apart from that it was very cool indeed. Al
Ha ha! I spotted that too Al, but when I read his sig, I decided to be a little diplomaticLOL.gif

Just pointing it out for educational purposes LOL Actually, it's quite common for crews to forget the odd thing when stuff goes wrong and the pressure is on, if you listen to the audio of the BA Triple Seven that landed short at Heathrow after a twin engine failure on approach, you hear the pilot (Peter Burkhill) give the callsign for the flight he was due to be flying next in his mayday call, hardly surprising when he had a rather bigger fish to fry at the time! So of course the main thing is to 'fly the airplane' which Berni indeed does, and very well too, that was a cracking single engine landing, I can't get it down that well with both rubber bands still going! Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Very nice video! I think that gives a lot of simmers some insight as to what a lot of airline training is like

Matt Cee

Hi. Video is really cool.You said you used some software for performance calculation. Can you share which one? I cannot make a decision which one to buy. Thanks.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Nice job. Should really have put up 7700 on the transponder since you did put out a mayday,
Thanks, yes I forgot that.. singlehand flying and troubleshooting... Yes, I didn´t cared about ATC that much in my Video... I wanted to show, what steps are needed to extinguish the fire.. ;)

we return to Muenster 6 tons above maximum landing weight with a flaps 15 landing...
Berni, just out of curiosity, is this landing safe? I mean, are you supposed to land like this (too heavy and only flaps 15) or is it better to get rid of some fuel before you land? Cheers!