Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Why Are Boost Pumps louder Than The Engines

I have the sounds set as per the Introduction Manual so hopefully they should be as PMDG recommends. However when I start the engines I can hardly hear them winding up, but when I turn on the Fuel Boost Pumps prior to starting the engines they are fairly loud considering they are buried in the wings. Glen

Glen

In the real aircraft, you also hardly can hear the engines during startup.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I have the sounds set as per the Introduction Manual so hopefully they should be as PMDG recommends. However when I start the engines I can hardly hear them winding up, but when I turn on the Fuel Boost Pumps prior to starting the engines they are fairly loud considering they are buried in the wings. Glen
I've noticed that as well. I know the engines are quiet to begin with, but didn't think the pumps would be that loud up front. Not a big deal to me, just curious.

They are loudy at the front,If the packs are off you can hear them quite quite well all around the ac.

I've noticed that as well. I know the engines are quiet to begin with, but didn't think the pumps would be that loud up front. Not a big deal to me, just curious.
I agree, its not a big deal, it just seems strange the fuel boost pump is significantly louder than the engines from the flight deck. I must stress, I find this aircraft so exceptional that this 'very minor' observation is the only thing I have found so far that may not be reflected correctly in the real aircraft. biggrin.png The only other thing I hope they fix is the Stairs position not being saved in the Panel Save options. Glen

Glen

I consider this one of those things you think about while on a long flight at cruise altitude...when you run out of things to fiddle with. ;)

Interesting, the only times I've heard the fuel pumps were during the walk around. They made a low hum as you walked around the wings. I have heard air-refueling pumps from the flight deck, but they were hydraulic fuel pumps and were loud.

Obviously pumps are a lot quiter than the engines, and maybe I'm wrong, but also on ground with engine shut down, a single boost pump, with doors and windows closed cannot easily be heard. all 6 maybe will be a bit much louder, but always with a low volume.Hyd system is louder than fuel pumps.I've not paid attention on my volumes, I have not tuned fsx volume to what pmdg ask in manuals, but my sounds seems to be good.i'll pay more attention on my next fs flight.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I haven't heard any sound from the boost pumps with the NGX. Mind you I've replaced the FSX fuel pump sound (which is an annoyingly loud rumble) with a much quieter wav file. It's not a sound I've ever noticed simulated in a commercial flight simulator and for Level C you have to have every sound which can be heard resulting from a crew action. Kevin Hall Edit: Correction, there is a high pitched whine which is there if any wing tank boost pump is on, but it's quieter than the engines during start up.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Never heard a fuel pump from the cockpit, RW. The click of the switch is louder.

Matt Cee

The only other thing I hope they fix is the Stairs position not being saved in the Panel Save options.
That was already fixed in one of the hotfixes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan Still not working on my version of NGX, I have the latest Hotfix installed. I lowered the Stairs together with the door open, saved the panel state calling it 'Stairs' then closed FSX, reloaded it and the NGX, then reloaded the 'Stairs' panel state - the door was open but the stairs were not extended. Can someone else try this please, lower the stairs, save the panel state, close then reload FSX and the NGX then finally reload the stairs panel state. Thanks Glen

Glen