Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

9/11 Tribute Using my newest Livery (1 year in the making) PMDG 747-8X

Hey gang,I've been working on this 10th anniversary edition - 9/11 paint since the day I finished last years regular. I've spent well over 1,000 hrs on it easily. What made this so complex were several things, but mainly because I put EVERY name of those who died that tragic day. I nearly abandoned this project a few times because even with the huge fuse of the PMDG 747-8x, it didn't pass earlier tests. I managed to redo it several times and got it (luckily I gave myself a year). The livery is available to download on my forum DanTrix.Net and should be available on Avsim & Flightsim.com soon. Fly high and remember those who not only perished but all the families and friends of the ones who did. You can read more about it and see some screenshots here (more on my forum), or watch the video below. Watch in full screen on 1080p, it actually looks MUCH better. I hide several things in all my videos, FLASH, web site, DVD's (easter eggs), etc... The things hidden in this video aren't really hidden but the more you know about 9/11 the more you'll enjoy the video and understand what my thoughts were, or excuse the term "Artistic Expression" ;) .

PS. 99% of questions are answered in the video description. I'm not the idiot type that posts a video and lets people ask for anything, over and over and over and over. ;) Hope you enjoy it, and the I left out the circumstances of 9/11 because the victims are still victims regardless and this is about respect, remembering, and honoring. Conspiracy peops, go to youtube, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks Jamaljé!Glad you liked it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Amazing work, Dan. The hands lifting up the 747 fuselage will all the names on it up through the clouds is very inspiring. Thank you.

Thank you. I am hoping that after people feel sad that the end will do just that and bring them back up and like you said, inspire. I always say to people who've lost a loved one that it's important to not only morn someones death, but also to celebrate their life. There are a lot of hidden facts here and things that will/may become more evident in time (in later videos), but it's more about allowing ones self to accept what they can't change and rise above it. So much more but that's one of the overall ideas.

Dan Prunier

Wow, i can clearly see alot of work has gone into this, the fuse is a work of art, and an amazing tribute. Fantastic work,Dan.

Thanks Luke, very glad you like it. Funny how you look back and cringe. This was a lot of work but so much of it was repeated since I learned better ways but of course, that's always a good thing. Glad I stuck with it, though. I thought this paint was going to be the one I couldn't pull off ;)

Dan Prunier

Guest firehawk44

Great video and tribute! Thanks! Best regards,Jim