Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

PMDG 747-400 (module version 1.2)

You should immediately see an control number when you press a button, if activated in the LINDA console (click the checkbox).(Be sure to expand the console by pressing the 3 arrows on the lower side)In former addons, PMDG used the Rotor_brake and a parameter, e.g. (66587, 12345)If there is no reaction, I think, it couldn't be done.I don't think, offsets will work, as they are for sprecific functions.Have a look into the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf, there are all offsets listed.But yes, in the end, it couldn't be done unfortunately. This is possible.Also the FSLabs Concorde couldn't be assigned - (which is done by a former PMDG developer)There are addons out there which are difficult to "hack"

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,I have made the test to see and have the same result. No control number when pushing the CDU keys.OK (rotor_brake) when pressing other keys.Michel

Michel Veréb

Then unfortunately, I think it is not possible.Another (not so fine solution) would then be to make a FSUIPC mouse macro and control then the mouse macro with LINDA.Disadvantage is, that you have to put the mouse macro in the modules folder and you should be sure, that other users know that.But could be possible (if the mouse macro works)

Guenter Steiner

Any idea why don't work for me? I installed and put in the right places.. have 1.11 of linda.. and it seems to load in the mcp combo2.. but appears a msg in fsx saying that wasn't able to load and execute gui, and if I turn the knobs nothing changes in fsx and in the displays of the MCP combo2.Thanks!

Edited by Japo32

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Another (not so fine solution) would then be to make a FSUIPC mouse macro and control then the mouse macro with LINDA.
The problem with the FMC/CDU is that the mouse macro is detected all right by Fsuipc when you push the keys on the CDU but the check by using the TAB functino of Fsuipc or by assigning to a joystick button does not function. So the event is detected as a mouse macro but cannot (for the moment) be assigned to anything, which is really a shame. Any ideas ? Edited by Driftdown

@ Japodo you talk specific about the 747 module or LINDA in general?@Drift

Any ideas ?
No, then I think we have no chance ...

Guenter Steiner

@ Japodo you talk specific about the 747 module or LINDA in general?@DriftNo, then I think we have no chance ...
just the 747 module.. Others works perfect.

it says "MCP config not found for this aircraft. Run Gui!" but I put all in the correct folders...selected the profile in linda.. and click in edit.. and it said that was converted from mcp combo to mcp combo2 or something like that.. but still no change.. and selecting manually doesn't do anything.

Edited by Japo32

Hi,A lot of informations concerning PMDG 747 CDU keys and "mouse macro" here : LINKIt seems we have no luck.Michel

Michel Veréb

@ Japothen I have no other idea as:go to Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModuleslinda-cfgaircrafts --> your 747 folderand take out there all files.Don't delete them in case we need them again.Now you can reassign the stuff for the 747

Guenter Steiner

Nothing.. I delete those files.. and when loading the 747 the mcp loads a default profile.. which I can modify the numbers in the display but not change at all the displays in the 747. Selecting the profile in linda directly doesn't change anything....Strange that I am the only one that have this problem.... But all other aircrafts work correctly for me. Maybe the problem is that all are using combo1 and I am using combo2?

and when loading the 747 the mcp loads a default profile
You mean, in LINDA, on the top, left from FSX sync, there is default instead of the 747?Even if you press "FSX sync" (so it gets orange and snycs or get white (unsynced)?If so, then press "EDIT" and select the correct 747 in the upcoming screen.Seems, that LINDA is choosing the default 747 instead of the PMDG ...

Guenter Steiner

Nothing to do.... :sad:when starting deleting the cf files (only linda-cfg ones) then load the plane and in display it says fsx standard... If I press the sync.. it says FSX standard in linda. If I press edit.. it don't let me press it beeing sync.. I have to desync... Then edit.. select the 747-400 but nothing..When selecting the F version don't know why but the displays changes to 747-400 but I cannot move anything.. nothing changes in the display or sim. and it stays in HDG 148º and altitude in 1700 .Don't know... With others I have no problem.Edit: restored the cfg file.. and nothing to do... it detect in linda the PMDG 747-400 and in the display of mcp combo2 but stuck in 148º and 1700 feet altitude.I think that has something to do with Combo1 and Combo2 compatibility.

Edited by Japo32

I never tested the profile with the MCP Combo II.Could you please reassign the actions in the MCP Combo section, just to check if this works? Maybe you try the HDG bug and reassign it to your HDG bug.What happens if you open the "Edit aircraft module" and you use the search string "PMDG747-400"? What are the results? Could you please post them?

Edited by Capt. PERO

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Ok.. I will try when I have a little time free.. but I am not programmer.. hope is easy to do...