•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

SCENERY.CFG file error Area 126

scenery cfg file error fsx? fs9? area 126 invalid remote

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bmwbmwbmw

bmwbmwbmw

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hi all, Everytime i start up my FSX, i get the following message "SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.126. Click OK to continue." Picture of the message attached. What can i do to fix this? I have thought about reinstalling FSX but am scared of losing any previous scenery/aircraft i may of downloaded. Any help would be appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 jbrewer

jbrewer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 1 Month and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

What add ons do you have? If i was you i would put the fsx disk in a run a repair but this can affect some add ons. If you gave us more info we could help more, like your pc spec, which version of FSX you are running and which add ons you have. Cheers, Jack
Jack Brewer

AMD 965be 125W @ 3.8GHz | Corsair H70 Hydro cooler | ASUS M4A77TD PRO 770 | Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Dominator | HIS HD5770
A2A Spitfire | B377 | B17 | P47 | Piper Cub
Aerosoft Catalina X
Aerosoft Twin Otter
Aerosoft Beaver X
Aerosoft Katana 4X
Carenado B58| V35B | C208B | C377 | C340II | 114
Captain Sim 767 | C-130
Discus Glider X
Eaglesoft SR22
Iris Vulcan
Lotus Sim L-39C
RealAir SF260

#3 bmwbmwbmw

bmwbmwbmw

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:20 AM

I am running FSX deluxe edition with FSX acceleration expansion pack added on, i have a few things from aerosoft installed such as Ibiza X, Manchester, then i have plane software etc. I have tried running a repair but this does not make a difference. Below is my system spec and it runs like a dream. OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home PremiumVersion 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601Other OS Description Not AvailableOS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer HP-PavilionSystem Model VG251AA-ABU HPE-063ukSystem Type x64-based PCProcessor Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.05, 11/09/2009SMBIOS Version 2.6Windows Directory C:\WindowsSystem Directory C:\Windows\system32Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1Locale United KingdomHardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"User Name Owner-PC\OwnerTime Zone GMT Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GBTotal Physical Memory 7.99 GBAvailable Physical Memory 5.71 GBTotal Virtual Memory 16.0 GBAvailable Virtual Memory 13.5 GBPage File Space 7.99 GBPage File C:\pagefile.sys

#4 idahosurge

idahosurge

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 8 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Go to C:ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and with notepad open scenery.cfg If you have not done so already in order to see the ProgramData folder get into Windows Exploxer then go to Tools>Folder Options>View, under Hidden files and folders put a check in Show hidden files, folder, and drives then click apply. Once you get the scenery.cfg opened go to number 126 and fix the path or just delete it completely. If you delete it then you can download, install and run FTX Scenery, it will renumber everything for you, you will not need to renumber all your areas manually.http://home.earthlin...sources-g.shtmlDownload the link labeled "Utility to sort and renumber scenery.cfg layers"

#5 Paul J

Paul J

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 5,914 posts
  • Joined 9 Years and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

Pretty nifty little app! Thanks for the link - sure beats doing it by hand!

#6 britpol

britpol

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hi Jim,I found the folder and so many scenery.cfg files.I deleted area.121 but still say's the same. so I did it in the wrong file.How do I find the right one?I tried to copy the files but I couldn't.Les
Board- ASUS P5QD Turbo
CPU- Intel® Core™ Duo CPU 3.00GHz
GC- ATI Radeon HD 4800
RAM- 4 gig
Joystick- Cyborg F.L.Y.5 (HID)

#7 Inactive Member_firehawk44_***

Inactive Member_firehawk44_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hi Jim,I found the folder and so many scenery.cfg files.I deleted area.121 but still say's the same. so I did it in the wrong file.How do I find the right one?I tried to copy the files but I couldn't.Les

Hi Les,Again, you need to look in the C:Program DataMicrosoftFSX folder. That's where the working one exists. There may be several backup scenery.cfg's in that folder. Look for just 'scenery' and open that one up. If you have your files program to show extensions, you should see a column that tells what kind of file it is (i.e., bak, old, txt, cfg). Look for cfg. Not to confuse you but just look for scenery and open that one up and delete Area.126 and everything associated with Area.126 (should be about 4 lines). Save it and restart FSX. You want to delete Area 126, not Area 121Best regards,Jim

#8 skysurfer

skysurfer

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Go to C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSX and with notepad open scenery.cfg If you have not done so already in order to see the ProgramData folder get into Windows Exploxer then go to Tools>Folder Options>View, under Hidden files and folders put a check in Show hidden files, folder, and drives then click apply.Once you get the scenery.cfg opened go to number 126 and fix the path or just delete it completely.If you delete it then you can download, install and run FTX Scenery, it will renumber everything for you, you will not need to renumber all your areas manually.http://home.earthlin...sources-g.shtmlDownload the link labeled "Utility to sort and renumber scenery.cfg layers"

HI.I have kinda the same problem. my message says- Scenery.cfg file error. Local directory (AerosoftAESScenery) in scenery Area 121 not found. I uninstalled AES and looks like after that I started getting this error, not sure. I was following those steps but no luck, I cannot open with notepad open scenery.cfg, there is no such option. I cannot pick an option Wordpad. Every time I open it, it generate error message, that I don not a program to do that. Please help.Marry Christmas.

Edward Stefanovich

#9 Inactive Member_firehawk44_***

Inactive Member_firehawk44_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

HI.I have kinda the same problem. my message says- Scenery.cfg file error. Local directory (AerosoftAESScenery) in scenery Area 121 not found. I uninstalled AES and looks like after that I started getting this error, not sure. I was following those steps but no luck, I cannot open with notepad open scenery.cfg, there is no such option. I cannot pick an option Wordpad. Every time I open it, it generate error message, that I don not a program to do that.Please help.Marry Christmas.

Try downloading and installing the Scenery Config Editor at the following link or here on AVSIM Library: http://sourceforge.n...r/files/v1.1.0/. Once installed, it will find your scenery.cfg and fix it.Best regards,Jim

#10 skysurfer

skysurfer

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Try downloading and installing the Scenery Config Editor at the following link or here on AVSIM Library: http://sourceforge.n...r/files/v1.1.0/. Once installed, it will find your scenery.cfg and fix it.Best regards,Jim

Very appreciate that. Looks like that prog has fixed all issues. Works fine.Thank you.

Edward Stefanovich

#11 mikeymike

mikeymike

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

hi can anybody helpI have the remote scenery cfg error 200 201 which are default. any help would be gratly appreciatedthankyou

#12 Paul J

Paul J

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 5,914 posts
  • Joined 9 Years and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Here ya go, Mikey:0http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/SceneryConfigEditor-installer-1.1.0.exe