Sign in to follow this  
anondev

Flight is not what you are hoping for

What I find most curious is that, while I don't know every developer, I do know all who were present at the Developer's Summit years ago (over 300). Not a single one has to my knowledge been in any way involved with "Flight." Not. One. Developer.
That cant be!! Alainneedle has said over and over that "the developers are in bed with MS" on the Flight project. If the all knowing alainneedle said it it must be true, hahahaha.On a side note, I think the OP is Armenhammer or whatever the guys name is from 10 Minute Taxi fraud.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Some of it is true, that I do know, at least the part about some payware developers not being happy with the way it is going. Al
+1 on your post, Now, to everybody else, one or two things here, the OP is pulling all of this out of his a$$ or he's telling the truth....look like he's pi$$ed...I'm just trying to put 2 & 2 together. Also, the anonymous poster said, one plane one island for the free "BASE" pack, pay attention here...."BASE PACK"....sound like "Pay as you go" does in it? The OP said, same engine with code added....I've read about that somewhere....just can't remember where right now. Told you before, FSX is not dead yet and Flight will not be business as usual like FSX was.....

There's a third choice...he believes he’s' telling the truth. "The OP said, same engine with code added...."That describes just about every computer game...and it is a good thing.The last thing you want is to start from scratch.

That cant be!! Alainneedle has said over and over that "the developers are in bed with MS" on the Flight project. If the all knowing alainneedle said it it must be true, hahahaha.
I'm here just to generate traffics........
There's a third choice...he believes he’s' telling the truth.
Is in it the same as pulling what he said out of his a$$?

Me again. It seems that most of you are in some sort of denial about accepting any truth. The MS community manager's name is Husain Bengali. He is the one who sent the email to developers cancelling the program. Call Microsoft and ask for him by name, that will confirm that in fact I received the information directly from MS themselves. Of course there is one island and one aircraft for the initial version. It may even be given away in some sort of demo. Then if you want the rest of Hawaii, you will need to pay for it. Then if you want more aircraft, you will need to pay for it. If you want more missions or other goodies, you will have to pay for it. If you visit anywhere outside of Hawaii you see nothing but a blurry brown nothingness, not even any textures. But of course, if you want the rest of the world in FSX-style, you will probably have to pay for that too, but they have not even started on that. If you want airliners or your favourite aircraft from your favourite developers, you can't. They have been locked out of Flight. Same for scenery. Nada. I am sure things may change slightly by the time it launches, but check this thread back in 2012 sometime when it's released and you will say "he was right after all". As for respect and NDAs - please, give me a break! Where was MS's respect when they tossed all the developers aside?

Me again. It seems that most of you are in some sort of denial about accepting any truth. The MS community manager's name is Husain Bengali. He is the one who sent the email to developers cancelling the program. Call Microsoft and ask for him by name, that will confirm that in fact I received the information directly from MS themselves. Of course there is one island and one aircraft for the initial version. It may even be given away in some sort of demo. Then if you want the rest of Hawaii, you will need to pay for it. Then if you want more aircraft, you will need to pay for it. If you want more missions or other goodies, you will have to pay for it. If you visit anywhere outside of Hawaii you see nothing but a blurry brown nothingness, not even any textures. But of course, if you want the rest of the world in FSX-style, you will probably have to pay for that too, but they have not even started on that. If you want airliners or your favourite aircraft from your favourite developers, you can't. They have been locked out of Flight. Same for scenery. Nada. I am sure things may change slightly by the time it launches, but check this thread back in 2012 sometime when it's released and you will say "he was right after all". As for respect and NDAs - please, give me a break! Where was MS's respect when they tossed all the developers aside?
I now believe you .... honestly.

Anondev, separate out what MS said explicitly from your interpretations and rumor then you have something.Don't care about things you need to condition with 'may' and 'probably'Things are in flux.You say we're in denial...and you’re angry.On the team rumors are rampant too...that doesn't make them true or false.They happen in a sphere the producers control...and they release internal information accordingly. As you should know, most games are built using a vertical slice – that’s just good management.We work on just one area until completion...to be signed off.Many have supported the idea MS should ship much-much less…and focus on the engines.So Hawaii alone would suit many fine.Global scenery is largely procedurally built, which should tell you a lot too. But your blatant disregard for your NDA is shocking…What you are doing will force all software developers to think twice about communicating with anyone in the community.The game belongs to Microsoft – they get to decide.They also decide what and when information goes public - that's critical for them.You think you have some sort of responsibility to interfere?If you’re in huff deal with it…everyone accepts they will do what’s best for the franchise.If you don’t want Flight once it's done – so be it. You have other options.

Did you guys not learn ANYTHING from the "Flight is cancelled" thread??? OMG LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif
Yeah really. We're not stupid...

Brandon Filer

I now believe you .... honestly.
Lol, me too. That last post giving the name of a guy from MS gave the post enough credible info to make me believe.I will call Steve "Baldy" Ballmer tomorrow morning and see what he says about all this, although I am not supposed to let anyone know that I know him and have is cell number.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

PLEASE - Don't feed the troll!
I concur.

Regardless of its truth (or otherwise) , the original post appears to be a rant by a disgruntled Third Party Developer who's realised he's not going to make money out of FS in the future. It also shows muddled thinking:

As a developer I am furious about what MS have done, and I think this simulator is dead before it has even launched. It is definitely not going to compete with FSX, not by a long shot. They are aiming at a mass market audience who want a simple flight experience not much different to Nintendo's Pilot wings. The serious simmer here at AVSIM will laugh at what will be released. It will be a curious oddity at best.
It won't be dead if it really sells to a mass market. It won't be a curious oddity if its sales reach Microsoft's expectations. Microsoft will be laughing all the way to the bank, accompanied by the laughter of the serious simmer here at AVSIM - so everyone will be happy. As others have already posted, this is Microsoft's product and will be developed to maximise Microsoft's return on its investment. If Microsoft believes it can make more money by selling its own add-ons then that is what it will do.