Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

Marmara.zip

I'm trying to install LTBA 2008, and the link in the readme and everywhere else I can find for marmara.zip is dead. Does anyone know where I can get this? thanks

I'm trying to install LTBA 2008, and the link in the readme and everywhere else I can find for marmara.zip is dead. Does anyone know where I can get this? thanks
I looked all over for this and all I found was dead links... should you find it please post a link! DJ

File may be available from the IVAO Turkey Division site (http://www.ivaotr.org). But they seem to be updating it now and I can't get access to the scenery downloads. The Turkish VATSIM site (http://www.trvacc.org/) have a new wired download page where you have to search by ICAO code so I guess they only have airport scenery files. Its not possible to find the marmara file there. All the other links I was aware of, seem to be out. I have 'marmara.zip', its only 4mb. If you want it - PM me your e-mail (do not post it here!) and I'll send the file to you.

Andqui, If it's the Ata Turk airport you're looking for, I found a very good one at: www.trvacc.org without any difficulties. It's in fact the one I've been using myself ever since it was first published and it's very good indeed.However, it is a RAR file and not a ZIP but that shouldn't cause any problems. The "WINRAR" program will unpack it just like "WINZIP" does it for ZIP files. Hans

Andqui, If it's the Ata Turk airport you're looking for, I found a very good one at: www.trvacc.org without any difficulties. It's in fact the one I've been using myself ever since it was first published and it's very good indeed.However, it is a RAR file and not a ZIP but that shouldn't cause any problems. The "WINRAR" program will unpack it just like "WINZIP" does it for ZIP files. Hans
You can also open .rar files with 7zip - http://www.7-zip.org/. He already has the Atatürk airport, what he wanted was the file marmara.zip, which correct the shorelines and landclass of Istanbul city - making the city more like the real world. It adds important buildings, ships, bridges, and historic landmarks. Also it adds 2 more airports around Istanbul; Samandira AB (LTBX) and Hezarfen GA field (LTBW). You can see some screenshots here: http://www.sanalpilo...e&TOPIC_ID=2930 The authors of Atatürk airport strongly recommend to also install marmara.zip as it adds a lot to the area. In addition you can download separately scenery for Sabiha Gökçen International Airport LTFJ, which is the other smaller international airport serving Istanbul. Overall Istanbul and its airports have been done very well for FS9. (I wish someone would do the same for Sofia) All the links to marmara.zip are now inactive, its not even available from http://www.trvacc.org ; you can try searching for the ICAO codes on the downloads page - LTBX or LTBW - it will give details of the file: REMARK : Marmara VFR by BiberLINK : Details... but then the download link is invalid, giving the error message - 'The system cannot find the path specified.'

I asked a fellow flight simmer and AVSIM member in the Istanbul area if he has it. If he can find the file he will share it. Stay tuned...

I asked a fellow flight simmer and AVSIM member in the Istanbul area if he has it. If he can find the file he will share it. Stay tuned...
Thanks, I have it too. I've offered to e-mail it to anyone who needs it (its only about 4MB) and have already sent it to few people. I haven't been able to contact the author to ask if it can be uploaded to AVSIM. If anyone can obtain his permission I'd be happy to put the file in the AVSIM library. It would be a shame for it to just disappear.

Momtchil, "(I wish someone would do the same for Sofia)". Have you tried www.walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php yet ? I got my three Bulgarian airports of Sofia, Varna and Bourgas via links from that site. However, I did do some fantasy "dolling up" of these airports with many trees and some RWY12 objects because they were originally rather "barren". Not for accuracy but just to improve their "looks". Hans

Momtchil, "(I wish someone would do the same for Sofia)". Have you tried www.walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php yet ? I got my three Bulgarian airports of Sofia, Varna and Bourgas via links from that site. However, I did do some fantasy "dolling up" of these airports with many trees and some RWY12 objects because they were originally rather "barren". Not for accuracy but just to improve their "looks". Hans
Thanks, I am already using all the scenery that has been done for Bulgaria - I know them all. The main airports have been around for a long time, except for Burgas, they were all initially done by Mitia Alexandrov (I've had to update his textures on Varna and Plovdiv airports because they were giving me blurry problems), his scenery of Sofia Airport was updated a while ago with the new terminal. The airports are good, but at the same time they are not up to level with the freeware Russian airports sceneries or some of the stuff done for Italy, France, US, Brazil, Greece, etc.... I also wished that someone would do a good representation of Sofia the city itself (and Burgas, Varna, Plovdiv, etc...), it is a very nice location, especially from the air. Bulgaria is really beautiful and I think it deserves some new high quality photoreal scenery.