•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

PMDG B737ngx - SINGLE FMC OPERATION

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SungJeu

SungJeu

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hello, I got PMDG B737NGX and wanted to fly with it.So I selected ngx and started a flight.FSX was paused as the Tutorial shows. So I waited until the process completed about 20 seconds. When the process ended, I found a FMC of captain not working. The display was black and no button worked.I looked at another FMC. "SINGLE FMC OPERATION" was displayed at the bottom line.Then, I loaded every panel states (except C&D), but there were no changes.I had the FS reset and watched the FMC during the Set up process. Then I found both of the FMS were working. But when the process ended, the display of FMC turned black... No changes were found.Another thing I found was that noisy alert started ringing continuously after the startup process completed.Please help me...Information of My computer:OS : Windows Vista (SP2)Version of Flight Simulator : Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 GraemeBr

GraemeBr

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Check the standby power selector. Make sure it is switched to auto (or simply close the guard cover).If I recall correctly in the cold and dark state this switch is set to 'bat' which causes the Single FMC Operation message.The alarm you are hearing will also silence when you set this switch correctly.Graeme
Graeme Brown

Posted Image

#3 trisager

trisager

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 7 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

It sounds as if you are loading the NGX with the cold & dark startup state. If you press the MENU key on the CDU keypad and select "PMDG SETUP", do you have anything under the STARTUP STATE line? You should have a line of dashes "-----" there. If you have anything else, press DEL on the CDU keypad and then press the key next to "STARTUP STATE" and reload the airplane.
Tom Risager

NGX tutorial: http://library.avsim...ftp&DLID=162360
SIDs & STARs Worked Examples: LOWI-UUDD, KSEA-KLAX, EKCH-ENGM, YSCB-YPAD

#4 SungJeu

SungJeu

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

I checked the standby power selector. It was switched to auto. But a FMC of captain doesn't work. Then I loaded cold and dark state. Captain's FMC was working, but Single FMS Operation message wasn't displayed. I live in Japan, so I am to sleep tonight... I will try again tomorrow.trisagerFMS showed "-----" there.

#5 Paul Deemer

Paul Deemer

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 10 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

Try reading the Manuals? Trust me it will save you a lot of time and headaches in the long run. Everything you need to know to get up and flying quickly is in the NGX Introduction and Tutorial 1.

Paul Deemer

#6 WotanUK

WotanUK

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 1 Day

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

I checked the standby power selector. It was switched to auto. But a FMC of captain doesn't work. Then I loaded cold and dark state. Captain's FMC was working, but Single FMS Operation message wasn't displayed. I live in Japan, so I am to sleep tonight... I will try again tomorrow. trisagerFMS showed "-----" there.

Had the same thing myself, the PMDG and FS menus on the CDU work but the FMC button doesn't. The solution was given to you above, look at the overhead panel, there are three protected switches, One is emergency lighting, one is aux power and one is battery, both aux and battery need to be on, dual mode should then be enabled. After which you can start the alignment process by putting the IRS Nav details in.

Ian R Tyldesley

#7 SungJeu

SungJeu

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:07 AM

Today, I uninstalled NGX and re-installed it. The good news is that it worked properly! Thank you for your cooperation.

#8 Gabster

Gabster

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

Today I got the same problem and I cannot remember I changed anything. I set every thing up the right way I think. It says single FMC Operation and the left IRS stays at DC and doesnt go to align. Thats followed by an alert: peep peep peep...No clue how to fix that:-/
System: i7-2600K, 4x 3.40GHz | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 | 8GB Kingston HyperX T1 DDR3-1600 CL9 | HD 6950 2GB | 750W BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P9 - 80Plus GOLD | 2x SSD SATA 3
FSX: SP1+Acceleration+REX