Sign in to follow this  
rocketfs

Service Pack better be good

Yep, this is system specific, specific to the minority of individuals unfortunate enough to get CTD's. No CTD's here, the occasional FMC freeze, but thats it. Be patient a little while longer Bert. This product really is worth it. This isn't the worst product I've ever bought... it's the best product I have ever bought, with fewer initial bugs than many products after release.

I always like to assimilate FSX with driving a car on an open, bendy road. If you continue to tune the engine, making it go faster each time, and then you don't get better tyres or uprate the suspension and brakes, then sooner or later you'll crash, only this time into a wall, but still the car will crash. So yes, a little like FSX

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Have you tried a format of the HDD and reinstall windows and FSX etc, solved every problem ive ever had with FSX CTD's, its always something to do with a poor FSX install.

Bert, I know how you feel and I was having a few problems some with crashes but mostly my slow learning curve. I have done a few major things and have no problems now.Here is my system, Win 7 64bit, 6Gig ram, i7 98oX CPU and Radeon HD 5850 Graphics card. I have the CPU overclocked to 4.2 wiith air cooling. 1. I originally had FSX installed in my E Drive and in program files. There have been a lot of issues raised about problems caused with installing in Program Files.2. I deleted FSX entirely from my computer along with scenery files, PMDG 737NGX and any associated files.3. I then ran Advanced System Optimizer ( BY Systweak) and totaly cleand out my system of all the left over bits an pieces, defragmented my hard drive and registry. Restarted Computer.4. I then reinstalled FSX into E: but into a file called FSX and not Program Files. Then installed FSX Acceleration. Then opened FSX and ran a test flight to assure all was working. Restarted Computer.5. I then installed PMDG 737NGX and all patches. After verifying 737 ran I then started installing my scenery and other programs verifying after each install there were no problems. All is running smoothly now with no problems. Except my inability to learn everything about the plane one needs to know. I think it has something to do with age.(grin) Hope this helps, Tom Hibben

I am a customer for PMDG products and I am flying the NGX on a daily basis, off/on line, tough weather, busy airports, many add ons, old computer and I did not have a single problem since the release of HF2 !! so I am now seriously considering must I install SP when it is released or no ? what would you do guys ? help please LOL

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I am a customer for PMDG products and I am flying the NGX on a daily basis, off/on line, tough weather, busy airports, many add ons, old computer and I did not have a single problem since the release of HF2 !! so I am now seriously considering must I install SP when it is released or no ? what would you do guys ? help please LOL
I would say cross that bridge when you get to it. It is like vaporware today - it doesn't exist so why even spend time thinking about it. Once released, we will know a lot more about it and can make some general recommendations. Until then, it is just a guessing game. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Alaa, I had the same situation. I was flying the release date version with no problems whatsoever. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest installer a few days ago, just so that I can be sure I'm up to date when SP1 rolls out. Although I suspect SP1 is cumulative, I want to be sure I can install it on top of the current version, as PMDG intends. By the way, I am still flying without any issues. Go for it. EDIT: I thought you were referring to the hotfixes. Never mind. You still might consider doing what I did.

Ray, I think that the reality is that today on finals, "you are cleared for the option" Praying.gif
I see that Capt. Robert is no longer monioring this thread..Maybe he is clicking away at the keyboard with a timely update. Think positively. Cleared as filed. Hey, Joe, what did you file for? Joe, Joe, anyone know where my FO is? Hey Joe. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I see that Capt. Robert is no longer monioring this thread..Maybe he is clicking away at the keyboard with a timely update. Think positively. Cleared as filed. Hey, Joe, what did you file for? Joe, Joe, anyone know where my FO is? Hey Joe. Ray
Roger, Roger. Clarence is getting the clearance, but I'm pretty sure Victor is still going to ask for vectors.

Sad thing is that I payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the Chief Captain manuals. After installing the NGX I saw that the majority of the info is included with the software. I know PMDG never officialy told what would be included and what not, but they never corrected people on this forum saying that it would be minimal.
Actually, PMDG said very early that all the documentation would be available with the NGX in .pdf format. The only question mark was how much would be available for download before purchase.

Sad thing is that I payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the Chief Captain manuals. After installing the NGX I saw that the majority of the info is included with the software. I know PMDG never officialy told what would be included and what not, but they never corrected people on this forum saying that it would be minimal.
Absolutely false. We always stated that the Boeing manuals would be included as PDFs. There was a short period where we weren't sure we were going to be allowed to include the QRH PDF, but after that was confirmed I said that would be included as well. If you want me to go find the exact post links I will.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sad thing is that I payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the Chief Captain manuals. After installing the NGX I saw that the majority of the info is included with the software. I know PMDG never officialy told what would be included and what not, but they never corrected people on this forum saying that it would be minimal. Bert Van Bulck, a quite unhappy customer.
Well Bert, what have you got to say now ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Look on the BRIGHT side -- It would have cost you about the same to PRINT out the PDF's yourself, and bind them, as it cost you to buy the printed manuals. On the DULL side, for what you paid for the Printed manuals, you could have bought a NOOK or KINDLE, and have transferred the pdf's to them. Hindsigh is always 50-50 Idea.gif