AVSIM Publications - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
|DID YOU KNOW?|
File Library Updates!
The AVSIM File Library System will send you an email everyday at midnight EDT (0500 UTC) providing you a list of files, and direct links to those files, uploaded over the previous 24 hours by community contributors. Never miss a day of AVSIM Library uploads again! Sign up is easy and free. You can subscribe to the email list here.
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- (UK) Take On Helicopters - bundle edition 90% off!
- Don't miss MMMX!
- Taxi2Gate Mexico City 40% off
- Drzewiecki Design 30% off
- Aerosoft Presidents Day Sale
- Save money by pre-ordering Canberra PR9
- Milviz 350i on Presale Discount
- Aerosoft 737 Cockpit Builder Suite Source Code
- Kingston 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive $129.00 for 24 hours
- VRinsight MCP Combo II
- Flight Assignment: A.T.P.
- BUTTKICKER Gamer II
- Anyone have a used TrackIR they want to part with?
- Wanted - Trim wheel
- Sim rig pc parts
- Used EVGA GTX480
- Wanted : standing column yoke
- Ifly 737NGX Cockpit Builders Edition
- PFC Cirrus Flight Console (Serial Port) + PFC Pedals - $600 + Shipping
Project Airbus A380 VC in FSX
1 reply to this topic
Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:42 AM
Hello, I have heard about the new A380 VC from Project Airbus. People on the PA forum say that it works fine with FSX, but I am experiencing some problems. As it says in the Readme file, liveries have to be installed before an A380 with the Project Airbus VC will work. I have installed a livery, but what am I supposed to write in the "model" section of the Aircraft.cfg (in the livery's [flightsim.XX] section)? The default is "Model=". In the VC aircraft's folder, the model folders' names are "model.wv_rr" and "model.vc_rr". If I put "wv_rr" or "vc_rr" in the [flightsim.xx] section, the aircraft appears in the FSX aircraft menu, but when I select it, it says "Failed to startup the flight model. [A380 model and livery]". If I do not put the model names in the Aircraft.cfg, the A380 disappears from the FSX aircraft selection menu. Any suggestions on how to make the A380 work properly with FSX would be greatly appreciated.