Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25SEP11: Latest Hotfix and SP1 Scheduling..

Captains- A couple of items for you: Latest Interim Update HotFix:=======================For those who are interested, you can download the latest PMDG 737NGX 8900 Hotfix 2987 update by clicking here. (NOTE: This is not a required update. This is an optional update for those who want the latest and greatest that we are working with and this fix is a beta version. We will not be responsible for any issues we introduce with this fix, nor will we accept responsibility if this hotfix burns down your garage, breaks the windshield on your '76 Pinto or runs over your grandmother with a '27 John Deere combine...) This hotfix includes more than 110 documented tweaks, adjustments, fixes and optimizations over the original RTM version of the NGX, and about 30 undocumented changes. This is **NOT** the SP1 release, but is merely a dll and file update to give you access to the latest version that we were working with as of mid week last week. While there are significant included in this version of the build, we are still in verification on many of the fixes, so we'll plan to publish a list of changes with the full SP1 when it comes out next week. (Subject to change!) For the purpose of this fix, we are hoping to see a dramatic reduction in problems for those folks who have reported problems with freezes. We are still looking at a few causes- but this should be a significant reduction step. (There are some who may still run into CTD issues- but this is a separate issue that Ryan has offered significant feedback in order to help folks mitigate. Just remember that FSX is only capable of using 4GB of memory and this total includes the video memory- so if you ran out and bought a new 2GB video card- you are setting yourself up for disaster... If you need more information on this, Ryan is prepping a KB article that should be up shortly, if it isn't already.) IMPORTANT NOTES: 1) This update is going to overwrite your aircraft.cfg files, thus wiping out your livery entries in the config files. You can make a backup of those entries, then copy them into the new aircraft configs after installation if you like- OR you can simply re-run all of your livery installations as suits your needs. 2) This update adds a new font file to the installation and replaces your dlls. Full SP1 Update:=============We are still evaluating whether we will have this released during the weekend of 01OCT11 or not. I anticipate we'll make a decision mid-week when we have an opportunity to mesh the current NGX base package build and the pending 6700 package to see if they are perfectly in sync. The full SP1 update will include a number of changes including updated VCs, updated external models (fixes to existing models) as well as a new version of the livery manager with greater functionality and the ability for users to select the detail level of artwork that is desired. I saw a few folks questioning whether we will be adding more 2D panels: No, we will not. As previously discussed, PMDG is moving away from 2D panels. On future products we will provide 2D functionality designed specifically to support home cockpit builders, but we will not be including full cockpit panel functionality as this consumes a significant amount of resources that can be better used for increased functionality and performance. A couple of folks wondered if the new performance tuning tool would be too complicated for people to use: No- it will be quite simple by design in order to keep things simple. Our goal is to make sure that even users with only moderate technical knowledge can easily PMDG 737NGX SDK:=================(Note: This is a late edit because I forgot it the first time)A few folks have inquired as to what the status is on the release of the SDK for use in the development of after-market products to support the NGX. We anticipate that the SDK will be made available after the SP1 is completed. Please note that "after" does not have a finite time limit and I have chosen this word intentionally because we want to make certain that the SDK is ready for use by developers without us accidentally wasting their time or efforts by overlooking obvious issues. Since we are focused on the SP1 we aren't giving the SDK the attention it needs this week... You follow what I mean.... PMDG 737-600/700 NGX Expansion:=============================This package is going to be released concurrently, or shortly after the SP1 update. (Plan for 7-10 days gap- if we can shrink that gap- then you will be pleasantly surprised!) The 737-600/700 expansion will be priced at $24.99 for a limited time after released as previously announce here in the PMDG forum. The published price for this expansion is $29.99, but we are offering a lower price for a limited period of time as a "Thank You!" for the patience you all have shown as we rolled out the NGX. We'll let you know how long the promotional pricing will last- but it will be a month or so in order to make sure you all get a shot at it! The 737-600/700 expansion will add the 737-60, the 737-700 and 737-700 Winglet versions to the NGX package, and we'll be adding a number of new free liveries for download as well. PMDG 737NGX ER Package:=======================I saw a few folks inquiring about the ER packages: I would anticipate these to arrive around the US Thanksgiving holiday. (Subject to change!) We might close the gap here a bit, but we will also be moving certain members of the team to the 777 in order to get that project moving at full speed, so we'll just plan for a few months between each of the NGX expansion packages. (Whoa... Did he just mention the 777? Yes, yes he did.) Okay folks- I think that is all I have for you tonight!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

One thing I noticed - and I'm pretty sure that was correct before (YES I know this is Beta) - just shot a quick approach, and the upper yellow band on the speed tape is supposed to show the max placard for the next flap setting (assuming a standard extension schedule of 1-5-15-30). For flap 15 it now shows 210 knots... when extending flaps from 5 to 15 however, the red band comes down to 200, just as expected. I'm pretty sure that was correct before, and the yellow band would go down to 200 as well. Just thought I'd let you know. Oh BTW is the MCP and radios the font that changed? I don't know what was wrong with it, but it looks sleek. Is G/A behavior already on the list of changes? Certainly a number of issues here... In order to save some time, are the documented changes listed somewhere public? Didn't notice anything in the readme or during the installation procedure. Will continue to check out more areas asap. sig.gif

Will there also be an update in the VC performance, like the FPS? It works great for me just the FPS could be a bit higher :) Thanks for the update, looking foward to SP1.

Thanks for your dedication, and thanks for all the info!Downloading

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

After a successful installation and opening FSX i have after ca. 1 minute a CTD without any action in de cockpit.So for me a uninstal inmediate the hotfix. So this is not the hotfix for me. Sorry.Jovabra
Why you don't put your system specs in your signature?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Thanks Robert.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

(NOTE: This is not a required update. This is an optional update for those who want the latest and greatest that we are working with and this fix is a beta version. We will not be responsible for any issues we introduce with this fix, nor will we accept responsibility if this hotfix burns down your garage, breaks the windshield on your '76 Pinto or runs over your grandmother with a '27 John Deere combine...) (Whoa... Did he just mention the 777? Yes, yes he did.)
LOL!! I guess I need to go lock up the keys to the old '76 pinto until further notice. Also get some sleep Robert, you talking to yourself again. But in all seriousness but will the service pack require us to re install our liveries like the hotfix?

Gents- A polite (but firm) reminder that we require all posters to sign their posts in this forum. If we do not have sufficient information to identify you- we will remove your post at our discretion without comment. Repeat offenders will have their accounts restricted and or closed. (Yes- sounds severe- but complying is soooooo easy.... Just add a signature line to your account!)

LOL!! I guess I need to go lock up the keys to the old '76 pinto until further notice. Also get some sleep Robert, you talking to yourself again. But in all seriousness but will the service pack require us to re install our liveries like the hotfix?
Taylor- Yes- it will. Fortunately this is much easier to do with the NGX than it has ever been with any previous PMDG product... Just copy the all of the config entries from your existing config, install the update, then paste them back in.... Easy! So yes- hide the Pinto. I decided to toss that comment in there since I actually saw a Pinto with my own eyes this morning while taking a walk with the Lovely Dr. Randazzo in Nappa this morning. (She brought me on a nice weekend away since I spent my birthday hanging out with all of you in the forum. Whistle.gif) That Pinto was parked right in front of the hotel- and I actually stopped to look at it... I'm not sure why- it is such an ugly machine... I have no idea where the John Deere combine came from- but keep grandma away from the business end.

Thank you for the HotFix and all other updates for the 737 NGX which are yet to come! Thank you, Sebastian

Hello Robert,just one question: Will the IVAP <> NGX transponder mode "bug" be fixed with the SP1? (I mean this one here: http://forum.avsim.n...mode-c-support/) Thank you,Roman
Roman- To be brutally clear: This is not a bug. the IVAP client is using FSUIPC, and we do not intend to push data through any source other than simconnect. Until/unless the IVAP application can be operated through simconnect without using FSUIPC, no- we won't be fixing that.