Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Can FSX Say Callsign "UPS"

No quotes and you also need a tail number.And the Airlines.cfg file is in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder. That is why one poster need to re-create an empty SimObjects folder in order to use EVP.
Not on my system! The airlines.cfg file resides in my root FSX folder, and that is where EVP updates it!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

To add the extra call outs--yes. Just updating the .cfg file will not be enough.

Guys... The only purpose of the airlines.cfg file is to allow the GUI to display a list in the aircraft selection menu's field.I've had EVP for FSX installed for years and have never "updated" my airlines.cfg file......and it still works just fine, thank you very much!Here is my airlines.cfg file in its entirety:

AirwaveWorld TravelGaiaOrbitSoarLandmarkPacificaGlobal FreightwaysAmerican PacificEmerald Harbor Air

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guys... The only purpose of the airlines.cfg file is to allow the GUI to display a list in the aircraft selection menu's field.I've had EVP for FSX installed for years and have never "updated" my airlines.cfg file......and it still works just fine, thank you very much!
Yup. that's how it works alright. EVPX does have the convenient option to also update airlines.cfg, but it is just that, purely an option. If anything it might be easier to trim airlines.cfg to just those you might actually want, assuming you ever change the callsign of your user aircraft. Since a specific repaint probably has the correct callsign for that paint set, I doubt many folks ever change it via the UI.scott s..

Thanks to everyone - problem solved. I managed to do the community updates in editvoicepak and also made corrections from select aircraft within FSX by giving a tail number and a flight number. I do not know which of these actions actually did it but FSX now responds to my A/C as UPS.Again - Thanks to all.
You got it to work because you added a ATC Flight Number and the ATC Airliner=UPSatc_airline=UPSatc_flight_number=1365I do not have EVP X installed and it is not needed for most all the common Airliner names which by default are in the stock ATC voice .gvp file.UPS is a default ATC FS9/FSX voice file. If you want ATC to say the airline you must have a flight number.Both my FS9 and FSX Airline.cfg is empty except for the stock planes that came with the simulator. Like Scott says I add all mine by opening the aircraft.cfg and add with Notepad.hope this is also helpfuljim

Here is a complete list of all the default "Airline" callsigns. The name in CAPITALS is what you enter in the aircraft.cfg file or type in the UI. The name in "quotes" is what will be heard. This list was generated from decompiling the default soundfile with the ATC SDK Tools:

Callsigns AB EX "Ab Ex" WAV\AIRLINE7.WAVCallsigns ACES "Aces" WAV\AIRLINE9.WAVCallsigns ACTION AIR "Action Air" WAV\AIRLINE1.WAVCallsigns AEROFLOT "Aeroflot" WAV\AIRLINE11.WAVCallsigns AEROMEXICO "Aeromexico" WAV\AIRLINE12.WAVCallsigns AIR AFRIQUE "Air Afrique" WAV\AIRLINE13.WAVCallsigns AIR CANADA "Air Canada" WAV\AIRLINE14.WAVCallsigns AIR CHINA "Air China" WAV\AIRLINE15.WAVCallsigns AIR FORCE "Air Force" WAV\AIR_FORCE.WAVCallsigns AIR FORCE ONE "Air Force One" WAV\AIRLINE8.WAVCallsigns AIR FRANCE "Air France" WAV\AIRLINE16.WAVCallsigns AIR INDIA "Air India" WAV\AIRLINE17.WAVCallsigns AIR SHUTTLE "Air Shuttle" WAV\AIRLINE18.WAVCallsigns AIR TAHITI NUI "Air Tahiti" WAV\AIRLINE19.WAVCallsigns AIRWAVE "Airwave" WAV\AIRLINE182.WAVCallsigns ALASKA "Alaska" WAV\AIRLINE2.WAVCallsigns ALITALIA "Alitalia" WAV\AIRLINE21.WAVCallsigns ALL NIPPON "All Nippon" WAV\AIRLINE22.WAVCallsigns ALLEGHENY "Allegheny" WAV\AIRLINE23.WAVCallsigns ALLEGIANT "Allegiant" WAV\AIRLINE24.WAVCallsigns ALLEGRO "Allegro" WAV\AIRLINE25.WAVCallsigns ALOHA "Aloha" WAV\AIRLINE26.WAVCallsigns AMERICAN "American" WAV\AIRLINE27.WAVCallsigns AMERICAN PACIFIC "American Pacific" WAV\AIRLINE185.WAVCallsigns AMERIJET "Amerijet" WAV\AIRLINE28.WAVCallsigns AMTRAN "Amtran" WAV\AIRLINE29.WAVCallsigns ANSETT "Ansett" WAV\AIRLINE3.WAVCallsigns ANTILLEAN "Antillean" WAV\AIRLINE32.WAVCallsigns ANZA "Anza" WAV\AIRLINE31.WAVCallsigns ARGENTINA "Argentina" WAV\AIRLINE33.WAVCallsigns ARMY "Army" WAV\ARMY.WAVCallsigns ARUBA "Aruba" WAV\AIRLINE34.WAVCallsigns ASIANA "Asiana" WAV\AIRLINE35.WAVCallsigns AUSTRIAN "Austrian" WAV\AIRLINE36.WAVCallsigns AVIANCA "Avianca" WAV\AIRLINE37.WAVCallsigns AVIATECA "Aviateca" WAV\AIRLINE38.WAVCallsigns BAHAMASAIR "Bahamasair" WAV\AIRLINE39.WAVCallsigns BALKAN "Balkan" WAV\AIRLINE188.WAVCallsigns BANGLADESHI "Bangladeshi" WAV\AIRLINE4.WAVCallsigns BIG A "Big A" WAV\AIRLINE41.WAVCallsigns BISCAYNE "Biscayne" WAV\AIRLINE42.WAVCallsigns BIZ EX "Biz Ex" WAV\AIRLINE43.WAVCallsigns BLUE RIDGE "Blue Ridge" WAV\AIRLINE44.WAVCallsigns BLUE STREAK "Blue Streak" WAV\AIRLINE45.WAVCallsigns BRITANNIA "Britannia" WAV\AIRLINE46.WAVCallsigns CACTUS "Cactus" WAV\AIRLINE47.WAVCallsigns CAIR "Cair" WAV\AIRLINE48.WAVCallsigns CANADIAN "Canadian" WAV\AIRLINE49.WAVCallsigns CANDLER "Candler" WAV\AIRLINE5.WAVCallsigns CANEX "Canex" WAV\AIRLINE51.WAVCallsigns CARGOLUX "Cargolux" WAV\AIRLINE52.WAVCallsigns CATHAY "Cathay" WAV\AIRLINE53.WAVCallsigns CHALLENGE AIR CARGO "Challenge Air Cargo" WAV\AIRLINE54.WAVCallsigns CHAUTAUQUA "Chautauqua" WAV\AIRLINE55.WAVCallsigns CHINA SOUTHERN "China Southern" WAV\AIRLINE56.WAVCallsigns CITRUS "Citrus" WAV\AIRLINE57.WAVCallsigns COAST GUARD "Coast Guard" WAV\COAST_GUARD.WAVCallsigns COMAIR "Comair" WAV\AIRLINE58.WAVCallsigns CONDOR "Condor" WAV\AIRLINE59.WAVCallsigns CONTINENTAL "Continental" WAV\AIRLINE6.WAVCallsigns CORSAIR "Corsair" WAV\AIRLINE61.WAVCallsigns DELTA "Delta" WAV\AIRLINE62.WAVCallsigns DHL "DHL" WAV\AIRLINE63.WAVCallsigns DOMINICANA "Dominicana" WAV\AIRLINE64.WAVCallsigns DRAGONAIR "Dragonair" WAV\AIRLINE65.WAVCallsigns DREAM FLIGHT "Dream Flight" WAV\AIRLINE66.WAVCallsigns DYNASTY "Dynasty" WAV\AIRLINE67.WAVCallsigns EAGLE FLIGHT "Eagle Flight" WAV\AIRLINE68.WAVCallsigns EASTERN "Eastern" WAV\AIRLINE69.WAVCallsigns EGYPTAIR "EgyptAir" WAV\AIRLINE7.WAVCallsigns EL AL "El Al" WAV\AIRLINE71.WAVCallsigns ELITE "Elite" WAV\AIRLINE72.WAVCallsigns EMERALD HARBOR AIR "Emerald Harbor Air" WAV\AIRLINE186.WAVCallsigns EMERY "Emery" WAV\AIRLINE73.WAVCallsigns EUROPA "Europa" WAV\AIRLINE74.WAVCallsigns EVA "Eva" WAV\AIRLINE75.WAVCallsigns EVERGREEN "Evergreen" WAV\AIRLINE76.WAVCallsigns FED EX "Fed Ex" WAV\AIRLINE77.WAVCallsigns FINE AIR "Fine Air" WAV\AIRLINE78.WAVCallsigns FINNAIR "Finnair" WAV\AIRLINE79.WAVCallsigns FIRST AIR "First Air" WAV\AIRLINE8.WAVCallsigns FLAG SHIP "Flag Ship" WAV\AIRLINE81.WAVCallsigns FRENCH LINE "French Line" WAV\AIRLINE82.WAVCallsigns FRONTIER FLIGHT "Frontier Flight" WAV\AIRLINE83.WAVCallsigns GAIA "Gaia" WAV\AIRLINE5.WAVCallsigns GARUDA "Garuda" WAV\AIRLINE84.WAVCallsigns GEMINI "Gemini" WAV\AIRLINE85.WAVCallsigns GEORGIAN "Georgian" WAV\AIRLINE86.WAVCallsigns GHANA "Ghana" WAV\AIRLINE87.WAVCallsigns GIANT "Giant" WAV\AIRLINE88.WAVCallsigns GLOBAL FREIGHTWAYS "Global Freightways" WAV\AIRLINE184.WAVCallsigns GULF FLIGHT "Gulf Flight" WAV\AIRLINE89.WAVCallsigns HAWAIIAN "Hawaiian" WAV\AIRLINE9.WAVCallsigns HORIZON "Horizon" WAV\AIRLINE92.WAVCallsigns IBERIA "Iberia" WAV\AIRLINE93.WAVCallsigns ICE AIR "Ice Air" WAV\AIRLINE94.WAVCallsigns JAMAICA "Jamaica" WAV\AIRLINE95.WAVCallsigns JAPAN AIR "Japan Air" WAV\AIRLINE96.WAVCallsigns JET BLUE "Jet Blue" WAV\AIRLINE97.WAVCallsigns JET LINK "Jet Link" WAV\AIRLINE98.WAVCallsigns JET SET "Jet Set" WAV\AIRLINE99.WAVCallsigns JET USA "Jet USA" WAV\AIRLINE1.WAVCallsigns JORDANIAN "Jordanian" WAV\AIRLINE11.WAVCallsigns KESTREL "Kestrel" WAV\AIRLINE12.WAVCallsigns KITTY HAWK "Kitty Hawk" WAV\AIRLINE13.WAVCallsigns KLM "KLM" WAV\AIRLINE14.WAVCallsigns KOREAN AIR "Korean Air" WAV\AIRLINE15.WAVCallsigns KUWAITI "Kuwaiti" WAV\AIRLINE16.WAVCallsigns LAKES AIR "Lakes Air" WAV\AIRLINE17.WAVCallsigns LAN CHILE "Lan Chile" WAV\AIRLINE18.WAVCallsigns LANDMARK "Landmark" WAV\AIRLINE1.WAVCallsigns LAPA "Lapa" WAV\AIRLINE19.WAVCallsigns LAUDA "Lauda" WAV\AIRLINE11.WAVCallsigns LEGENDARY "Legendary" WAV\AIRLINE111.WAVCallsigns LIFEFLIGHT "LifeFlight" WAV\AIRLINE19.WAVCallsigns LONG HORN "Long Horn" WAV\AIRLINE112.WAVCallsigns LTU "LTU" WAV\AIRLINE113.WAVCallsigns LUFTHANSA "Lufthansa" WAV\AIRLINE114.WAVCallsigns MALAYSIAN "Malaysian" WAV\AIRLINE115.WAVCallsigns MALEV "Malev" WAV\AIRLINE116.WAVCallsigns MARINE "Marine" WAV\MARINE.WAVCallsigns MARTINAIR "Martinair" WAV\AIRLINE117.WAVCallsigns MESABA "Mesaba" WAV\AIRLINE118.WAVCallsigns MEXICANA "Mexicana" WAV\AIRLINE119.WAVCallsigns MID EX "Mid Ex" WAV\AIRLINE12.WAVCallsigns MIDLAND "Midland" WAV\AIRLINE121.WAVCallsigns MIDWAY "Midway" WAV\AIRLINE122.WAVCallsigns MONARCH "Monarch" WAV\AIRLINE123.WAVCallsigns MOROC AIR "Moroc Air" WAV\AIRLINE124.WAVCallsigns NAVY "Navy" WAV\NAVY.WAVCallsigns NEW ZEALAND "New Zealand" WAV\AIRLINE125.WAVCallsigns NIGERIA "Nigeria" WAV\AIRLINE126.WAVCallsigns NIGHT CARGO "Night Cargo" WAV\AIRLINE127.WAVCallsigns NORTH AMERICAN "North American" WAV\AIRLINE128.WAVCallsigns NORTHWEST "Northwest" WAV\AIRLINE129.WAVCallsigns OLYMPIC "Olympic" WAV\AIRLINE13.WAVCallsigns OMNI "Omni" WAV\AIRLINE131.WAVCallsigns ONTARIO "Ontario" WAV\AIRLINE132.WAVCallsigns ORANGE "Orange" WAV\AIRLINE91.WAVCallsigns ORBIS "Orbis" WAV\AIRLINE133.WAVCallsigns ORBIT "Orbit" WAV\AIRLINE6.WAVCallsigns OZARK "Ozark" WAV\AIRLINE134.WAVCallsigns PACIFICA "Pacifica" WAV\AIRLINE183.WAVCallsigns PAKISTANI "Pakistani" WAV\AIRLINE135.WAVCallsigns PAN AM "Pan Am" WAV\AIRLINE136.WAVCallsigns PHILIPPINE "Philippine" WAV\AIRLINE137.WAVCallsigns POLAR TIGER "Polar Tiger" WAV\AIRLINE138.WAVCallsigns PRO AIR "Pro Air" WAV\AIRLINE139.WAVCallsigns QANTAS "Qantas" WAV\AIRLINE14.WAVCallsigns RED ROCK "Red Rock" WAV\AIRLINE141.WAVCallsigns REGIONAL "Regional" WAV\AIRLINE142.WAVCallsigns RYAN "Ryan" WAV\AIRLINE143.WAVCallsigns SABENA "Sabena" WAV\AIRLINE144.WAVCallsigns SAUDIA "Saudia" WAV\AIRLINE145.WAVCallsigns SCANDINAVIAN "Scandinavian" WAV\AIRLINE146.WAVCallsigns SHAMROCK "Shamrock" WAV\AIRLINE147.WAVCallsigns SINGAPORE "Singapore" WAV\AIRLINE148.WAVCallsigns SKY EX "Sky Ex" WAV\AIRLINE149.WAVCallsigns SKYTOUR "Skytour" WAV\AIRLINE15.WAVCallsigns SKYWEST "Skywest" WAV\AIRLINE151.WAVCallsigns SOAR "Soar" WAV\AIRLINE4.WAVCallsigns SOBELAIR "Sobelair" WAV\AIRLINE152.WAVCallsigns SOUTHWEST "Southwest" WAV\AIRLINE187.WAVCallsigns SPEED BIRD "Speed Bird" WAV\AIRLINE154.WAVCallsigns SPIRIT WINGS "Spirit Wings" WAV\AIRLINE155.WAVCallsigns SPRINGBOK "Springbok" WAV\AIRLINE156.WAVCallsigns SUN COUNTRY "Sun Country" WAV\AIRLINE157.WAVCallsigns SWISSAIR "Swissair" WAV\AIRLINE158.WAVCallsigns TACA "Taca" WAV\AIRLINE159.WAVCallsigns TAP "Tap" WAV\AIRLINE16.WAVCallsigns THAI "Thai" WAV\AIRLINE161.WAVCallsigns TRADEWINDS "Tradewinds" WAV\AIRLINE162.WAVCallsigns TRANSAT "Transat" WAV\AIRLINE163.WAVCallsigns TWA "TWA" WAV\AIRLINE164.WAVCallsigns UNITED "United" WAV\AIRLINE165.WAVCallsigns UPS "UPS" WAV\AIRLINE166.WAVCallsigns US AIR "US Air" WAV\AIRLINE167.WAVCallsigns US AIR SHUTTLE "USAir Shuttle" WAV\AIRLINE168.WAVCallsigns VANGUARD AIR "Vanguard Air" WAV\AIRLINE169.WAVCallsigns VARIG "Varig" WAV\AIRLINE17.WAVCallsigns VASP "Vasp" WAV\AIRLINE171.WAVCallsigns VIRGIN "Virgin" WAV\AIRLINE172.WAVCallsigns VOLGA "Volga" WAV\AIRLINE173.WAVCallsigns VOYAGE "Voyage" WAV\AIRLINE2.WAVCallsigns WATER SKI "Water Ski" WAV\AIRLINE174.WAVCallsigns WEST "West Jet" WAV\AIRLINE175.WAVCallsigns WEST INDIAN "West Indian" WAV\AIRLINE176.WAVCallsigns WINDY CITY "Windy City" WAV\AIRLINE177.WAVCallsigns WISCONSIN "Wisconsin" WAV\AIRLINE178.WAVCallsigns WORLD "World" WAV\AIRLINE179.WAVCallsigns WORLD TRAVEL "World Travel" WAV\AIRLINE3.WAVCallsigns YUKON "Yukon" WAV\AIRLINE18.WAVCallsigns ZANTOP "Zantop" WAV\AIRLINE181.WAV

Fr. Bill    

Here is a complete list of all the default "Airline" callsigns. The name in CAPITALS is what you enter in the aircraft.cfg file or type in the UI. The name in "quotes" is what will be heard. This list was generated from decompiling the default soundfile with the ATC SDK Tools: [/size]
Hi - What does UI mean?Am I correct to assume that if you DO NOT want FSX to call out Landmark (or whatever) that if you do a a search and delete the appropiate .WAV file and remove the name from the airlines.cfg file, the name will not be called? Thanks for the list, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

Hi,UI = User Interface in this case on the aircraft details screen in FS where you can change the tail number, flight number and callsign.The wave is part of a larger file and cannot be easily deleted by a user.No just removing the name from the list will not stop the name. You need to edit the plane's .cfg file not to have the unwanted name on the atc_airline line.

Jim's covered all the essentials of what you asked. Just to reinforce the point however, this list I posted was from a decompilation of the single default USEnglishBig.gvp file. The individual .wav files are compressed into this single file, so as Jim indicated are not easily reached...What I wish to emphasize are two simple things:

1. The airlines.cfg file is relatively unimportant and has no effect on what names are played. It is used only to populate the User Interface pick list.
  2. Editing the entries in each aircraft's aircraft.cfg file is the only permanent way to change the Callsign name used.

Fr. Bill