Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FSX/P3D AIRCRAFTS: Compatibility Questions and Issues

Valar, I have read a little on getting ezdok installed but the posts were back in September/October time frame. Would you mind providing instructions for me as I would like to give it a try. Also, what version of EZDOK are you using?I can then also try out all the carenado planes I own, plus I love EZdok.Bob
Hi BobI just used the instructions found here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/349668-fsxp3d-tools-compatibility-questions-and-issues/#entry2119760However, I did not alter any aircraft cfg files, it doesn't seem to be necessary.Heh - all this tinkering is driving me nuts. I hope they'll all come out with P3D compatible versions soon. I for one am not going to play FSX anymore.

Heh - all this tinkering is driving me nuts. I hope they'll all come out with P3D compatible versions soon. I for one am not going to play FSX anymore.
tbh if i was not trying to make aircraft work in P3D i would be breaking fsx by over tweaking the cfg :rolleyes:Im just waiting now for the Captain Sim 737 to go final so i can get that up and running in P3D as the Captain Sim 757 works like a dream for me with better fps thrown in :)

-Paul-

Hi BobI just used the instructions found here: http://forum.avsim.n...s/#entry2119760However, I did not alter any aircraft cfg files, it doesn't seem to be necessary.Heh - all this tinkering is driving me nuts. I hope they'll all come out with P3D compatible versions soon. I for one am not going to play FSX anymore.
Did you rename the exe to fsx.exe? If so, I think I read that if you use a certain version of ezca, you do not need to rename the exe. I am not 100% sure of this though.Yea I hate to have to jury-rig all these addons, but I guess I will have to.BobWell, I am very happy with P3D so far. The smoothness and frames are about the same as FSX with ORBX installed, but with P3D the object clarity is considerably better and I love the new shading. Some had said there was too much red, by I find the colors etc to be very nice. The city lighting now is much "whiter" rather than "gold" somewhat like a metal halide lamp versus a sodium.Looking forward to the enhancements from LM moving forward.One thing I noticed and maybe it has already been reported as a bug, but regardless of the season i.e. winter,summer etc, the dusk time is always 1800 hours. I am sure someone else has reported this, but I will check the P3D forum.Bob

Did you rename the exe to fsx.exe? If so, I think I read that if you use a certain version of ezca, you do not need to rename the exe. I am not 100% sure of this though.Yea I hate to have to jury-rig all these addons, but I guess I will have to.
Hi Bob,Yes, I renamed the .exe file too, but remember not to start rightclicking or clicking on the instrument panel if it is not 'activated' - CTD will follow.

Hi Bob,Yes, I renamed the .exe file too, but remember not to start rightclicking or clicking on the instrument panel if it is not 'activated' - CTD will follow.
OK Great. I will attempt this tomorrow as I am too tired now and will surely make a mistake somewhere.Thanks for the help!Bob

Anyone get the panel sounds in the FSX Tinmouse 737-200 to work?I get the message "One or more Xact Project files could not be located at specified location"

Cheers

Steve Hall

For Quality Wings 737.I copied from FSX to P3d.Effects, Gauges, all aircraft models, QW folder (with navdata etc), added profile to FSUIPC (axis and buttons).It load ok but gauges are black, some overhead items like BAT is not selectable but its plastic cover works. I can turn on switches like landing lights but the buttons .. like for rotation beacon is not selectable.So, I am trying to figure out what is missing now.Like "trusted" stuff is missing? I do not know.I could not see anything to put in DLL.xml ... but will have to check further here.Possibly a value in the registry needs changing?And, the QW livery manager will be tough to figure out ..I am not sure it will be possible. So, and user changes with the original FS9/FSX aircraft and loads would have to be copied to P3D.Edit:Another gauge is missing in the 2D cockpit .. The QW control panel (SimIcons) where selections can be made, like to displat the Overhead panels, throttles etc.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Got Quality Wings 752 (previous post I errored saying 737 - too many green beers!) loading in P3D with many gauges now working..Originally I copied the four QW gauges from F:FSXGauges (on my FSX path) to P3D:And had many gauges not working in the sim.I went back and took another look and found some more QW gauges here:F:FSXGaugesQwings757So I added that folder to P3D.Now I will see what else I have overlooked!

Best Regards,

I wish I knew how to get these displays working .. maybe they all have one thing in common?

Best Regards,

Hi Guys.Has anyone got wilco airbus vol1 working with p3d. Otherwise I seem to have mine working, but the throttle is acting weirdly. I can only go up to like 70% thrust. The levers won't go any further.

I wish I knew how to get these displays working .. maybe they all have one thing in common?
Did you check your Fonts Folder??????

A new one I haven't found reference to:When attempting to port over the PMDG NGX, I am receiving license activation windows even though I can load them up with no problem in FSX.Has anyone else seen this, and what did you do to rectify it?Thanks

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Closh, Yes, there were no specific fonts for the QW757..Philip, I did not get an activation window for PMDGNGX in P3D. Everything is OK.

Best Regards,

I ran out of ideas for QW757 and P3D.I just need to get the displays powered.Flying good on this KDTW takeoff. Maybe I will just try some landing circuits later.

Best Regards,

Is there a way to use UTC (Ultimate Terrain)in Prepare3d? It basks me for an RTP file. I have a copy of FSX.EXE in P3d folder.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA