•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

There have been 458 of your fellow community members and guests in the forums and elsewhere on AVSIM within the last 15 minutes!

SUBMIT YOUR NEWS TO AVSIM

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif What's new in the Library
rarrow.gif The Market Place!

rarrow.gif What's New In the Market

rarrow.gif What's Popular In the Market

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif AVSIM Social Groups - NEW!

rarrow.gif Member Reviews
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System - NEW!

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Live Video Streaming
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

AVSIM Market Place
Featured Products!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Saitek and Wilco Airbus Volume 2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 2 Months and 14 Days Ago.
  • My Simulator

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys, Thanks to a recent thread in this forum I was prompted to re-einstall the Aerosoft Airbus X. With a third-party FBW patch and Lua scripts to get the throttles working with my Saitek hardware, that bus has instantly got an increase in its lifespan on my computer. My question now: is there a similar thing for the Wilco Airbus Volume 2? And then I do not mean a FBW patch. What I would like is something similar to the Airbus X's Lua scripts so that I can control the Wilco Airbusses with the Saitek hardware. The reason I want this, is because I assign my throttle levers via FSUIPC. The Wilco busses sadly want that the levers are set in FSX itself not via FSUIPC. However, defining the levers in FSX sort of defeats the purpose for me using FSUIPC, sicne it's FSUIPC which gives me the versatility that I want... Anybody know of Lua scripts that can do what I want, or know of another way to get the throttles working via FSUIPC?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_jahman_***

Inactive Member_jahman_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 3 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

...I assign my throttle levers via FSUIPC. The Wilco busses sadly want that the levers are set in FSX itself not via FSUIPC.... Anybody know of ... another way to get the throttles working via FSUIPC?

Under the FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" tab, in the "Type of Action Requested" box, there are three options:1. Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration, vs.2. Send to FS as Normal Axis, vs.3. Send to FSUIPC Offset. Try options 1. or 2. and see if they work for you. For more info see the FSUIPC User Guide, p. 45. Cheers, - jahman.

#3 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• Topic Starter
  • AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Is it really that simple? Can't remember it working last time I tried it that way, but I'll try again. Thanks anyway!

#4 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• Topic Starter
  • AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts
  • My Simulator

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Nope, can't get this to work the way you describe, jahman. The Wilco does not want to except the throttle levers. If I use calibration through FSUIPC, the throttles don't work at all, and if I use the send to FS as normal axis thing, then it tries to do some kind of reverser over the entire range of the axis. Also, I can't get the huttons to work. Every time I click the checkbox to make it profile specific, that checkbox is unchecked when I reopen the FSUIPC screen. Must say I'm getting rather agiatted by all of this.

#5 Inactive Member_jahman_***

• Guests

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

See this FSUIPC Guide by John Cook. Although it was developped specifically for the CH Products hardware line, it deals extensively with calibrating throttle reverser zones. Cheers, - jahman.

#6 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• Topic Starter
  • AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts
  • My Simulator

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm going to the FSUIPC support forum. I tried everything, all that wa smentioned on the FSUIPC forums and it still refuses to work. No idea why. Thanks for trying to help, jahman.

#7 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• Topic Starter
  • AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

Issue got fixed! Apparently, I didn't realize that there are two throttle assignments possible via FSUIPC: there is the Throtlle1_set command, and the Axis_throtlle1_set command. I used the former, while I ahd to use the latter. It now work very well.

#8 Inactive Member_jahman_***

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Issue got fixed! Apparently, I didn't realize that there are two throttle assignments possible via FSUIPC: there is the Throtlle1_set command, and the Axis_throtlle1_set command. I used the former, while I ahd to use the latter. It now work very well.

Yes, there's that other problem. Went through that one as well some time back, alas forgot to mention it. Glad to hear all's well now. Cheers, - jahman.