Sign in to follow this  
mdenadal

Saitek ProFlight panels support....

Massimo so glad you're back and I can't wait to see my Saitek gear Lindabled!!

Linabled!! what a great, cool, new word!!!!!Many thankslaugh.png "Lindabel your stuff"

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One way or the other, I definitely hope LINDA can support the Saitek panels. I love SPAD and use it with glee (it made the panels useful, for one, and they don't lock up anymore like they used to), but something more visual like LINDA would definitely be a bonus.

Hi Massimo, hi Guenther, hi Artem! Me as a Saitek, SPAD and FSUIPC-user would HIGHLY appreciate linadabilisation (what a word-creation... just wow!) of my homecockpit! I can say clearly, that I would be more than willing to pay for the ability to use the Saitek panels for more than just the fsx standard aircraft and some others. So, my hopes lay on all of you! Have a great time! Cheers Stefan Benzinger

Hi Massimo and everyone. I was wondering if there was any progress in the new development of SPAD. Searching on Google, I've found that post. Glad to learn a bit more about the rewrite of yours wonderful drivers.I'm quite surprise by the reaction of Andydigital. I'm an old users of SPAD. Thanks to Massimo to have corrected all the bugs in the saitek drivers and to have developped drivers that permit to setup and custom all my panels with FS9. Massimo is not working for Saitek. I don't know if there is someone in Saitek Office in fact! He did it for the frustated users of Saitek pro panel, having no answer of Saitek support.I hope it is just a misunderstanding and hope that Massimo will be able to develop a new version of SPAD with the support of LINDA project. From what I have understant of LINDA, It has been developped in the same spirit and goal as SPAD. Orangina, a very happy SPAD user!

Orangina

Hardware: Intel 4770K / Geforce 1060 / Saitek X55 + Fighter Rudder / Saitek Switch Panel + Multi Panel + Radio Panel + BIP + 5 FIP (Drived by SPADNext) / Track IR 4 + TrackClip Pro

Software: W10 64bits, MSFS, LittleNavMap

Hello Massimo,I'm very pleased you're interested in cooperation with our project. SPAD is a great software as I can see from it's docs. BTW what language do you use to code SPAD? (LINDA GUI is created in Delphi).However, implementing support for Saitek panels will take too much time and efforts for me right now. We have a long list of features to implement in LINDA itself, but I don't have time for them too. The other problem, as always, that I need to have devices in my hands for testing and debugging purposes.It could be a good idea to get in contact with Saitek to get some support, as VRinsight supported LINDA by donating the MCP Combo 2 unit for development purposes. But Saitek is a much bigger vendor and they are "bad guys", so...So... what do you think about making SPAD compatible and able to use LINDA's Lua modules? It shouldn't be not so hard.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello Massimo,I'm very pleased you're interested in cooperation with our project. SPAD is a great software as I can see from it's docs. BTW what language do you use to code SPAD? (LINDA GUI is created in Delphi).However, implementing support for Saitek panels will take too much time and efforts for me right now. We have a long list of features to implement in LINDA itself, but I don't have time for them too. The other problem, as always, that I need to have devices in my hands for testing and debugging purposes.It could be a good idea to get in contact with Saitek to get some support, as VRinsight supported LINDA by donating the MCP Combo 2 unit for development purposes. But Saitek is a much bigger vendor and they are "bad guys", so...So... what do you think about making SPAD compatible and able to use LINDA's Lua modules? It shouldn't be not so hard.
This collaboration is absolutely outstanding. I use FSUIPC, SPAD, and Saitek components. Frankly, the Saitek panels would be almost useless without SPAD. Now, with the potential for SPAD and LINDA to compliment each other, the flying experience should be much more fun.Thanks Art and Massimo. You are both very talented and working together should produce an exponentially greater product.

Danny

Hello, can someone help me pls?I have just purchased Saitek's multipanel, switch panel and radio panel without realising the farce around compatibility with addon aircrafts and FSUIPIC. Worse still, I have had a registered version of FSUIPC but never really used it much. So here's the dilemna. I am not installing Saitek drivers because I only fly addon aircrafts that are not supported by these driver. I have instead gone with the alternative SPAD. However, I cant get both Windows 7 or FSUIPC to recognise my panels as joysticks or gaming controllers. This also means that FSUIPC is not recognising the panel keys, and I cant assign them in FSUIPC. Maybe I have missed something, but unless I find a way to make this work, the Saitek panels are no more useful than bricks.Regardless of the issue I am facing, Saitek, if you are reading this, do something to resolve the issue with FSUIPC quickly so users get the products and support they have paid for. There is no excuse for your panels not working with all major addons. Not all flight sim community members are programers. I will be returning the panels and making sure that every flight-sim related forum on the internet has my post in regards to Saitek products. I am not taking anyone's side here. I just think its completely unfair and unethical not to mention on your products page that they are either completely uncompatible with common addons or need serious tweaking to make a few features work.Sam MustafaPS I have tried to register on Saitek forum but it says, 'sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

I would love to see this integration. Politics aside, The SPAD/Linda combo could be a great one.

- Aaron

Hi MassimoCan you create a special mode into the spad driver for the pmdg 737 ngx with the pmdg sdk.

I just posted a note in the Support area related to this thread. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/366460-fsuipc-virtual-buttons/ I've had good luck prior to my use of this great LINDA using the virtual addresses in FSUIPC with Massimo's great SPAD program to handle the Saitek panels. A direct route via LINDA would be great. Kudos to both. Before I used LINDA I used the multipanel pot in this manner to make much quicker changes than the encoders I use to drive Bodner modules. (LINDA has changed this!! my encoders are quicker now)Ed F.

Hi Massimo. Fred here.

Do you have a list of all offsets used on saitek panels? I'm trying to make a driver to work directly with PMDG SDK.

Thanks

Fred.

Hi Massimo. Fred here.

Do you have a list of all offsets used on saitek panels? I'm trying to make a driver to work directly with PMDG SDK.

Thanks

Fred.

It would be graet, I never understand why in Linda it doesn't show up saitek mutipanel since you have the Yoke and the quadrant are what is the difference.

Thank you