Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30SEP11: More SP1 & 600/700 Schedule Changes...

Captains- Okay- so folks are always asking why we never give you release information... This week is a classic lesson on "why PMDG never gives out scheduling information" so I thought I would give you a quick update: Lets get the bad news out of the way first: We are delaying the SP1 release and the 600/700 release for AT LEAST one week, possibly as many as two. We have had a bunch of technical challenges this week that have really hampered our progress toward completion and I have started getting that "we are rushing this" sensation that usually appears when we are, in fact, rushing things. It has been our hard learned experience that when we ignore sound judgment and start rushing- it means we are going to create bigger problems for everyone involved if we do not pull the plug on the deadline- so that is precisely what we have done here. I am giving us a bit more latitude than just to say "one more week" because I think the chances of us hitting the SP1 release button in one week are pretty slim right now. That could change if we have a couple of breakthrough days- but if this week's workflow is any indication of how the next few days will be- I wouldn't plan on seeing the SP1 release next week. I'll keep you posted as we move forward during the week. On a positive note- the items giving us trouble are items that you guys will really appreciate- so I am comfortable that the time investment is well spent. The 600/700 is wrapping up nicely and should follow the SP1 *very* closely... (For those wondering- the "Technical Challenges" to which I refer include: Discovering that some simple fixes broke things that were previously working fine, discovering that a couple of fixes require some very delicate and complicated changes in order to complete them effectively, and of course having my own DSL line cut for the better part of 6 days has me sitting here in precisely the same position I was in a week ago in terms of work-flow... Then the DSL came back, but at about the speed of a 28.8 baud modem... Then there was the power failure.... Some weeks you just cannot buy a break...) Sorry for the delay, everyone- but sometimes you have to know when to pull back from a schedule even if some will find it disappointing. We all know the consequences of not "getting it right" the first time- so please bear with us a bit while we sort out a few details. And now you know why we don't usually give you release timelines...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert, fully comfortable with the approach and attitude you guys are showing, wish you all good progress. BTW, i went back from holidays and had exactly the same thing, no DSL, which costed me a full week in discussing things with my phone and internet company, so i know in all details what you suffered from. Best Holger Kneib

Robert Well done. Your philosophie is right 100%. Don't rushAnd thx for the update. Ian

Robert, fully comfortable with the approach and attitude you guys are showing, wish you all good progress. BTW, i went back from holidays and had exactly the same thing, no DSL, which costed me a full week in discussing things with my phone and internet company, so i know in all details what you suffered from. Best Holger Kneib
Hey HolgerR u in the UK or Germany? Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

maybe the recent bf3 beta release will soften the blow for some XD
It should Tamati

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You actually survived 6 days without internet? Bravo!im Not Worthy.gifApplause.gif I die after 2 hours without internet. At least I have the 8/900 so I can live for another week.

I wonder at what point you will learn not to give dates that never happen and just give updates on progress? would be much better that way from a customers pov. Just a thought .

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm sure we'll all survive Robert. Thanks for the update.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

thx for the update, take the time you need to give us a good SP1much better than a quick hotfix, dont want to do the "fix the fix" procedure again to get the thing running without problems smile.png

Robert i'm very satisfied with the 800/900 and all works with hotfixes release of Sp1 will be appreciated but not a priority in my opinion. I'm awaiting for the 600/700 to use it with my virtual airlines. If i have to wait for this wonderful aircraft i'll wait. Thank you for your works Best regards good luck and have a nice day

Thanks for the update Robert. The NGX holds herself pretty good already, so take all the time you need to get to perfection. Is it possible that you show a screenshot of the 600/700?If it takes to much of your time, please don't bother and concentrate on getting SP1 and the 600/700 out Praying.gif

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Take your time, get it right and do what you have to do to make SP1 worth the wait, dont be put under pressure by the people who kick and scream 'I want it now and cant wait'.

Thx for the updated... Take your time.. I rather have it right then wrong... and beside I'm having to much fun flying the 800/900 Carlitos Colon

Thanks a lot for the information. It is heavily appreciated, keep up the good work!

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Robert, Thanks for taking time out of your heavy schedule to give us this heads-up. After experiencing one of those dreaded CTDs very early on in my first attempt at the tutorial flight, I decided to uninstall and wait for SP1 before re-installing. Although I'm as keen as the next person to get this magnificent bird in the air, another (or several) week's waiting is not a problem, not to me anyway, if this allows you to sort out things that could return as issues later to bite you in the rear end. Take your time.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg