The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
P3D: TWEAKS & OPTIMIZATIONPLEASE USE THIS STICKY!
Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:14 PM
System Specs: I7 X980 Extreme Processor - Prolimatech Meghalem Heatsink with 2 Thermalright Fans - Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard - EVGA Titan Signature Series 6GB - 24GB Corsair DDR3 Memory 2000MHz - 2 Intel Solid State Drives (40GB Windows 7 64 bit OS & 160GB P3D) - 2 10,000 RPM SATA Hard Drives - Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - 1 Plextor Blueray Disc (PX310SA) - 1 Plextor DVD/DL Disc (PX-806SA) - Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250 Watt Power Supply - Antec 1200 Case - 3 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors (5760x1200x32) (5760x1200x32)
Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:19 PM
I simply used the ******* Altuve online tweak tool...I am not exactly sure what entries it puts into the CFG but I would assume that the same entries that work in FSX WILL work in P3D. Hope that helps
Hi, So the following tweaks are working in P3D?. 1. Bufferpools2. Jobscheduler3.Himemfix Also, are they still needed with P3D?.
Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:17 AM
Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:41 AM
I'll second that...
I dont use any tweaks in the cfg, and everything runs very well, if i want to tweak i just fire up FSX. If you have reasonable good hardware you sholdnt need to tweak anything, those days are over, some just love to tweak, even if it isnt needed.
Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:04 PM
I'll third that. P3D v1.2 requires no tweaking, unless you want crisper textures towards the horizon in which case you set the LOD Radius to 6.5 or higher (which unlike FSX, does not get reset back to the default value of 4.5 each time you adjust a slider).I don't tweak FSX at all, and P3D is no different - apart from the bonus of LOD Radius now working :)
I'll second that...
Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:14 PM
How do I use this tweak?
I'll third that. P3D v1.2 requires no tweaking, unless you want crisper textures towards the horizon in which case you set the LOD Radius to 6.5 or higher (which unlike FSX, does not get reset back to the default value of 4.5 each time you adjust a slider). I don't tweak FSX at all, and P3D is no different - apart from the bonus of LOD Radius now working :)
Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:16 AM
Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:28 PM
Cpt. Thad Wheeler
Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:21 PM
Roger that.I've always had problems with it but can't seem to leave it in the garbage can... I recently tried it out again using the REX version by Tim. Makes for nice night flying but alas... same ctd problems. Oh well, I was just curious.
ENB makes problems with FSX for many. In P3D it should also work or make the same problems. I recommend you get rid of it completely and look into Shade.