What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- TropicalSim Airports 40% off
- Flightstore.co.uk are having a 25% off Sale this Bank Holiday Weekend
- LatinVFR Sale 25% off
- Just Flight Bank Holiday bargain - 60% OFF L-1011 TriStar Professional
- Real Environment Xtreme™ Sale 30% off
- Lionheart Learjet LJ24B 50% off
- Aerosoft Mega Dusseldorf 25% off
- MegaSceneryEarth 20% OFF at SimPlanet
- PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX - 30% off
- A2A Simulations - VE-Day sale. 25% off
- Iris Dynamics Yoke for sale - UK only
- i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- Brand new Corsair water cooler for sale
- Iris Dynamics Control Loading yoke - potential UK sale
- Emuteq gns 530 for sale on ebay
- throttle quadrant for sale
- Goflight GF-166 & GF-46 panels - Ebay - UK
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
. . .
P3D: TWEAKS & OPTIMIZATIONPLEASE USE THIS STICKY!
Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:14 PM
System Specs: I7 X980 Extreme Processor - Prolimatech Meghalem Heatsink with 2 Thermalright Fans - Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard - EVGA Titan Signature Series 6GB - 24GB Corsair DDR3 Memory 2000MHz - 2 Intel Solid State Drives (40GB Windows 7 64 bit OS & 160GB P3D) - 2 10,000 RPM SATA Hard Drives - Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - 1 Plextor Blueray Disc (PX310SA) - 1 Plextor DVD/DL Disc (PX-806SA) - Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250 Watt Power Supply - Antec 1200 Case - 3 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors (5760x1200x32) (5760x1200x32)
Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:19 PM
I simply used the ******* Altuve online tweak tool...I am not exactly sure what entries it puts into the CFG but I would assume that the same entries that work in FSX WILL work in P3D. Hope that helps
Hi, So the following tweaks are working in P3D?. 1. Bufferpools2. Jobscheduler3.Himemfix Also, are they still needed with P3D?.
Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:17 AM
Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:41 AM
I'll second that...
I dont use any tweaks in the cfg, and everything runs very well, if i want to tweak i just fire up FSX. If you have reasonable good hardware you sholdnt need to tweak anything, those days are over, some just love to tweak, even if it isnt needed.
Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:04 PM
I'll third that. P3D v1.2 requires no tweaking, unless you want crisper textures towards the horizon in which case you set the LOD Radius to 6.5 or higher (which unlike FSX, does not get reset back to the default value of 4.5 each time you adjust a slider).I don't tweak FSX at all, and P3D is no different - apart from the bonus of LOD Radius now working :)
I'll second that...
Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:14 PM
How do I use this tweak?
I'll third that. P3D v1.2 requires no tweaking, unless you want crisper textures towards the horizon in which case you set the LOD Radius to 6.5 or higher (which unlike FSX, does not get reset back to the default value of 4.5 each time you adjust a slider). I don't tweak FSX at all, and P3D is no different - apart from the bonus of LOD Radius now working :)
Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:16 AM
Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:28 PM
Cpt. Thad Wheeler
Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:21 PM
Roger that.I've always had problems with it but can't seem to leave it in the garbage can... I recently tried it out again using the REX version by Tim. Makes for nice night flying but alas... same ctd problems. Oh well, I was just curious.
ENB makes problems with FSX for many. In P3D it should also work or make the same problems. I recommend you get rid of it completely and look into Shade.