Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3D: TWEAKS & OPTIMIZATION

do a search for FXAA or SMAA which are an alternative to enb but with more adjustable settings in a GUI application and provide antiliasing meaning AA inside FSX Prepar3d can be turned off. This is also best run with NVIDIA Inspector. Takes less load off CPU. . There are a couple of versions and I forgot to capture the website but try here to start with. Once I have found the proper link to the working version i'll let you know.

Edited by kelvinr

ok, found the link. sorry see next post. somehow duplicated.

Edited by kelvinr

New Bloom tweak for Prepar3d/FSXTry this:http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inj...fur4AkuacwqjQYwPut d3d9.dll, FXAA_Tool.exe, shader.fx and injFX_Shaders folder in FSX or Prepar3d main folder and use the fxaatool.exe to adjust settings.Works in full screen just as ENB does. You can use the tool in windowed mode then maximise to full screen to see results.Post back here with comments. I'm using it and seems to be quite stable so far.

Hi Kelvinr Installed the files from the download above but didn't have much success. The tones had great impact but for the antiliasing I had no joy at all. For me the best quality graphics I get is using the Nvidia control panel its self. In the past I always used Nvidia inspector on FSX and had some nice results but for some strange reason I wasn't getting the same satisfaction with P3D, after some time playing around I used the Nvidia control panel and i now have very nice looking graphics again. It will be interesting to hear how other people get on. Regards Shaun

Edited by shmu40

I noticed not all my addon aircraft thumnails show up. Its a minor issue, but Im sort of anal about things, so on furthur inspection, I found that in Prepar3d, the aircraft thumbnail needs to be in the individual texture for each paint scheme. They have to be named "Thumbnail.jpg". Carenado (for example) frequently puts them in the root directory of the plane and names them thumbnail1.jpg, Thumbnail2.jpg etc.. In p3d, you will just get a generic P3d thumbnail instead of the planes picture. To correct this, just copy the correct thumbnail to the directory of that livery and re-name it Thumbnail.jpgIf you do it right, they will all show up correctly.Rob

I noticed not all my addon aircraft thumnails show up. Its a minor issue, but Im sort of anal about things, so on furthur inspection, I found that in Prepar3d, the aircraft thumbnail needs to be in the individual texture for each paint scheme. They have to be named "Thumbnail.jpg".Carenado (for example) frequently puts them in the root directory of the plane and names them thumbnail1.jpg, Thumbnail2.jpg etc.. In p3d, you will just get a generic P3d thumbnail instead of the planes picture. To correct this, just copy the correct thumbnail to the directory of that livery and re-name it Thumbnail.jpgIf you do it right, they will all show up correctly.Rob
Thanks for the tip! I had the same problem! :(

LIke you, a minor but irritating feature. Many thanks for your persistence.

What is the "profile name" used to set up P3d in Nvidia Inspector (I use ver 1.9.5.11?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What is the "profile name" used to set up P3d in Nvidia Inspector (I use ver 1.9.5.11?
You have to create your own profile for P3D, at least I had to with the version I use. It's easy, just create profile and link it to P3D exe file.

Or even easier : just share the profile you already have for FSX :

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Thanks to TheGrunt and Jean-Paul for the nvidia Inspector info .. I will get it set up shortly.I just got iFly all copied over from FSX and now working in P3D.Easy to miss also setting up the iFly Configuration manager to work in P3D though! Once set up it works great.Also I almost forgot to delete the Ezdok entry in each ifly model (-600, -800 etc) in aircraft.cfg's.So, now, PMDGNGX and iFly all models working in P3D.I would like to get RealAir over but I would have to remove my RealityXP GNS 530/430 units first. But I really do not want to got back to default Garmin ...so, guess I will not do this one.Maybe see if I can do Quality Wings 737?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Or even easier : just share the profile you already have for FSX :
thanks Jean-Paul Mes as i was wondering if there was an easy way to set up inspector :)

-Paul-

thanks Jean-Paul Mes as i was wondering if there was an easy way to set up inspector :)
Gandy,If you have the profile setup for FSX, just click the button in the inspector profile that adds the exe file, then locate the p3d executable and bingo that is it. Now you will be using the the same profile for both fsx and p3d.Bob

New Bloom tweak for Prepar3d/FSXTry this:http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inj...fur4AkuacwqjQYwPut d3d9.dll, FXAA_Tool.exe, shader.fx and injFX_Shaders folder in FSX or Prepar3d main folder and use the fxaatool.exe to adjust settings.Works in full screen just as ENB does. You can use the tool in windowed mode then maximise to full screen to see results.Post back here with comments. I'm using it and seems to be quite stable so far.

Does this work also on ATI cards ? I would also like to hear comments why ENB did not work for you, what exactly is not working? My next question on this topic would be: what is your experience with the frame limiting?

Do you limiting within P3D (limit to 30FPS) or do you use the good old well-known FPS_Limiter 0.2 for limiting (P3D = unlimited frames) ?