Sign in to follow this  
trisager

NGX: Cold & Dark to Shutdown Checklist

This is the completed version of the NGX tutorial. It takes you from entering a cold & dark cockpit at KIAH and all the way to the gate at KLAX with the airplane shut down and ready for the next sector. The intended audience ranges from those that are completely new to Boeing-type addons in FSX, to those who know how to get in the air and land, but would like a more solid understanding of the airplane and its systems. Compared to the excellent and extensive documentation that comes with the NGX, the main difference is that this tutorial is designed to be read sequentially rather than to be used as a reference. Due to bandwidth limitations with my hosting provider, I have uploaded this version to the Avsim file library (in the Flight Simulator X - Miscellaneous files section). Search for "ngxtutorialv1.zip". The download file contains versions formatted for both A4 and Letter paper. (If you prefer a direct link and don't mind all the advertisements, you can also download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H2MQG7AW). Feedback and comments are most welcome, as always. I plan to make a final update to the document sometime after PMDG releases SP1 for the NGX. Enjoy!

Thank you very much for your great work Tom.Your document is probably one of our best uploads ever.Congrats for your knowledge and for your pedagogical skills.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Awesome, Tom, thank you...

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

PATCO lives!!!

Air Traffic Controllers tell pilots where to go!

Awesome. What a great contribution. I've been watching the development of this tutorial and now it's finally here. I'll have to take it for a spin this week. Next document we need is a good pre-flight tutorial which reviews flight and weather planning using different tools and techniques.Someone from PMDG should pin this post as this is a very good tutorial to the same calibre as other PMDG tutorials. Thanks Tom.

Edited by jasonf

Tom you are a legend. Thank you very much for all of your hard work.I echo Jason's comments regarding flight planning and weather analysis/input. There are certain things the manual cannot teach you.

Ed Haslam

Thanks for the finished product. So far this has given me a better understanding and pulled together the info i have read in the FCOM's and now applying it as it should be. Very well presented.

This is valuable and impressive! I love the way the background is included in the flow, e.g. the safety purpose for some of the initial tasks. The hard work is apparent and appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for all the kind comments, I really appreciate it. There have been over 700 downloads from the Avsim file library and Megaupload combined in less than 24 hours, so I think the time invested in this has been well spent (and it has been a great learning experience).

... just a gentle nudge to make this topic appear above the older one that has outdated information.