Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Bush Pilot Brushup Plan

Folks, I have created a flight plan into the Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness in central Idaho based on the Orbx CRM scenery. Good for getting those rusty bush pilot skills back into A1 condition. Follow this link for details: http://www.orbxsyste...urn-wilderness/ and this link for list of airstrips: https://pxlgqg.blu.l...download&psid=1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hola Señor Jef(f)e, Thanks for posting this... just about ready to try this with a number of aircraft. P.S. Jeff the 2nd link is inop now... I think that was the "PNWFC - Bush Flying in the Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness" .htm document (absolutely a primo doc btw) Thanks.

and this link for list of airstrips: https://pxlgqg.blu.l...download&psid=1
New link for the list of airstrips http://mysite.verizo...e2m3fz/id2.html My first attempt at putting up a webpage. No laughing please.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Fantastic Jeff . By far the best Bush Flying experience I`ve had yet . Great fun trying different planes into some of these "Crazy" strips :) Mile Hi and Dewey Moore are particularly comical . So far the 185 Skywagon and Aerosoft Supercub are great for me in this challenge . Rob and I flew a few legs online yesterday , I was playing in a PC-6 Porter , Rob in a PC-12 !!!!! hehe . im%20Not%20Worthy.gif ps . I reckon you should give this a temporary pin . Awesome fun

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Thanks for the feedback guys. A good couple hours of practice to get those plane handling skills honed to a fine edge. Thanks tor the suggestion about pinning it.

26aLetj.png

Great work with the HTML Jeff! It's fun isn't it.

Mike Beckwith

Hi Jeff, Not having the Orbx scenery which I know is excellent, I had a go at the weekend just using the default scenery and it's still pretty good! I'm about half way round so far, flying the freeware Maule M-7. The strips rated "hazardous" aren't in the default scenery but almost all the others are. Toughest so far is Soldier Bar - mad approach but made it down! Thanks for a fun plan! Nick

No Orbx here - saving my spare change for i5-2500K Maybe check it out in Tile Proxy and FS Genesis. Any decent freeware bush plane recommendations for FS X?

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Maybe check it out in Tile Proxy and FS Genesis. Any decent freeware bush plane recommendations for FS X?
Buzz you remember we did that Cub flight during RTRW a couple years back?I think during that it was Mike (MM) that turned us on to a Super Cub on Simviation.com. Search for the file PA18_V3.zip. I think that was the one.

I have the super cub and just updated it with the V3 Fix, but I still don't have gauges.I can use the $100 dollar difference in price between I5 and I7 to buy a better motherboard.The I5-2500K sells for $180 dollars locally at Microcenter.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

WhooouuuuwTHIS IS FLYING!Thanks a lot, Jeff - this is more fun than I've had in a long time in FS... Pretty scary, too... :oJust did the 2 first legs in Pilatus Porter. This bird should be classsified as VTOL :)And I went and got the ORBX Scenery 2: (CRM andPNW in fact), this is really fantastic scenery, but is does makeit even more scary - I'm loving it!Thanks again, Jeff - great idea!BRGDSSven

Whew, finally made them all....I'm afraid the beautiful nature is littered with wreckage now...Seriously, some of these strips are really not bush flying, but more like a stunt show. There are videos on youtube of landings at Dewey Moore, otherwise I would have thought it impossible. And Mile High is a killer - literally!I thought the Porter would be the best choice, but it is not really nimble enough, so I also tried the Maule and the Cub. The CUB was OK, but as it is a bit slow, I tried again (and again, and....) with the Porter and finally made it.Thanks again, Jeff - this was so much fun!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Very glad you enjoyed it Sven. I really had a good time putting the route together. I hosted a gamespy multiplayer session with the Orbx crowd and had a good turnout (about 8 pilots), Imagine the fun we had when the entire gaggle showed up for Dewey Moore. Maybe we should plan an RTWR on-line multiplayer practice session in the new year with this route.

26aLetj.png

I can't wait to try this; I used to work in the Frank Church. Best job I ever had. I need to brush up on my skills, since I've been flying a MD-11 for the past 6-8 months. This really looks fun.CK

Chris B. Trane