Sign in to follow this  
icebreaker

Engine failure

Morning all, I have an engine failure ® which I can't seem to resolve in my a/c. I have done a reinstall (gave myself a fright when I uninstalled it - then realised it was a download !) but the reinstall has inherited the failure - what to do ? Regards, Frederick Brown FSX/ Windows 7/ Quad core/ Dual Nvidia GForce 9500 GT (Sli)/ 64bit /DELL 21" Softouch Monitor/HannsG 21"

Sorry Fredrick I don't totally understand your issue, but if you are talking about service life pmdg software induced failure for just one aircraft then deleting the ini file for the ac should fix it.The file is in yourFSXfolder\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft\ folder file named for example N-1234.INI the INI file being named from the ac reg number. That INI file has aircraft equipment setup as done by you thru the FMC aircraft settings so you'll need to redo those, but it also contains timers for all the failures ... actually you can just delete those they start at a section heading thus [Failure Groups] delete that header and everything below it, then you won't have to reset your equipment. Hope I didn't have the wrong end of the stick and that is your issue.

Hi, Did you go in the FMC and reset active failure ?
LOL thats a better way again of course

Thanks for your feedback people - It could be an active failure don't know how it got there in the first place though, maybe it's a "random" default setting. I'll have a look at it now............. Cheers, Freddie B. Morning all,I have an engine failure ® which I can't seem to resolve in my a/c. I have done a reinstall (gave myself a fright when I uninstalled it - then realised it was a download !) but the reinstall has inherited the failure - what to do ? Regards, Frederick Brown FSX/ Windows 7/ Quad core/ Dual Nvidia GForce 9500 GT (Sli)/8GB RAM/ 64bit /DELL 21" Softouch Monitor/HannsG 21" Widescreen