Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

A Plea to all Software Developers, big and small..... Please read.

No, I didn't know the files were there - I'll check out the copyright situation. For me the benefits of Windows 7 x64 marginally outweigh the loss of FSHotSFX - I don't get Out of Memory CTDs any more for one, but I do feel the loss of the programme each and every time I fly. Not sure if Eric is following this thread, but I will email him if I get any useful information on files he could use. Thanks for the information: I'll go look for the files now. Martin

... have emailed Paul Haak, who uploaded the files: hope he still uses the same email address as in 2005!

I had a reply from the owner of the copyright to the sound files here on AVSIM and he has no objection to their being used if Eric can make a replacement FSHotSFX programme. So now I've contacted Eric again. Keep your fingers crossed then, and please show your support on this thread, just to prove that I'm not the only one with a keen interest in this project!Martin

If you think you can pull it off then by all means go for it!I'm sure all FS9 users would be wanting something like this.

Eric tells me he is committed to other work till towards the end of this year - maybe he can do something early 2012, he says: well, that's not too far away. I will post here as and when there is any progress.Martin

I'd be interested too!Also, I've created many wave files for different aircraft types.New year too all,Aurelio.

Count me in! I am still running an old e8600 with XP and FS9 and really do not want to give up my AI blast!!!For those who are running WinXP 64bit is fshotseat compatible?I am going to be upgrading to Intel Ivy Bridge i.e. 3770K and Nvidia Kepler and probably will be forced to go to Win 7 but am tempted to install Win XP on the system just to keep fshotseat. Is that buy-in or what?

Yes, I too would be very interested if somebody manages to find a solution to this. I never used FSHotSFX when I had an XP system (didn't know it existed), but I totally agree that this is the one flaw in FS that takes away from the realism. I too have stuck with FS9, even though I now have a system that could run FSX - based on Windows 7 64 bit, hence the problem. My FS9 set up is now so good that I see no need to go to FSX. There are loads of us who have done the same, and contrary to what some of the commercial developers have said, there must surely still be a market for this sort of product for FS9?