Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi, This is for those of you that have the Opencocpits MCP and can't wait to use it together with the NGX. Dowwload files from : https://docs.google....VmNjI1&hl=en_US 737NGX_Shortcuts goes to FSX folder \ PMDG\ PMDG 737 NGXFSUIPC4 and PMDGNGX_1 goes to FSX folder\ ModulesMCP_PMDGNGX_1 and sioc goes to your SIOC folder You need FSUIPC ( paid version) and you need to modify the sioc config file to point to your usb device number in addition to change theinputs, outputs and dispaly numbers to the your original OC MCP numbers. ( This because the SIOC script here is my configuration, based on my own OC MCP. Works only with PMDGNGX Hotfix 4. This is a work in progress, but fully working at the moments. needs some minor adjustment. Youtube link

Happy simming, Roar K

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I've said it in private but I'll say it again in public THANKS Roar !!! For anyone else interested I'm working on using Roar's efforts to get the so called OC 'Plug&Play' versions of the FMC and EFIS to work just as well.

As many have asked for an installation guide a short guide is presented here. Required software and files: 1) FSUIPC paid version2) PMDG 737NGX w/ Hotfix 43) Opencockpits MCP ( either a ready build or selfbuild version) Installation: Download all files from https://docs.google....VmNjI1&hl=en_US Copy all files to an folder of choice. In this folder you should now have the following files: 737NGX_Shortcuts.txtFSUIPC.iniMCP_PMDGNGX_1.txtPMDNGX_1.luaSioc.ini 1) Copy 737NGX_Shortcuts.txt to your \FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\ folder and overwrite the old file( first take a backup)This file defines the keypresses for the MCP. 2) Copy FSUIPC.ini to your \FSX\Modules\ folder and overwrite the old file( first take a backup) 3) Copy PMDGNGX_1.lua to your \FSX\Modules\ folder and overwrite the old file( first take a backup) 4) Copy Sioc.ini to your SIOC folder overwrite the old file( first take a backup) 5) Make changes to your new Sioc.ini file to make sure CONFIG FILE = points to the folder where you have SIOC. Also check that your usb device number is correct. 5) Copy MCP_PMDGNGX_1.txt to your SIOC folder and then Open MCP_PMDGNGX_1.txt and modify all input, output and display numbers to fit your OC MCP ( either a ready build or selfbuild version)Check your MCP sioc scripts in order to find your correct numner to use instead of mine. 6) Run Config_sioc from the SIOC folder to generate a MCP_PMDGNGX_1.ssi. ( Make sure this is saved to your SIOC folder) 7 ) Start your FSX and then start sioc.exe in your SIOC folder and use the OC MCP.

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Hi, Just wanted to share a picture of what is steering my 737NGX Quite a mess, isn't. But, I actually work fine. Turning real buttons and switches and control the MCP is a nice way to fly the beatifull NGX. rgs,

Hi, For those of you who owns the ready build Opencockpits MCP and want to connects it to PMDG737NGX without the hassle to modify inputs etc. from my original sioc file. A working .ssi for the ready build OC MCP is now ready. Download ready modified script MCP_PMDGNGX_PP01.ssi from https://docs.google....VmNjI1&hl=en_US The modification from my own build MCP script has been done by John/ Crankpin here at this Avsim forum. Thanks John. See my earlier installation guide in this topic. rgs,

Yes, Roar's done all the work, I've just translated the OC Plug&Play MCP input/output/leds numbers.Everything else is the same, if you have the Plug&Play OC MCP follow the rest of Roar's instructions, just substitute 'my' SIOC for Roar's. (Link in Roar's post above) Note: On the P&P MCP there is no ALT INT (or HDG or SPEED INT for that matter). There's an electronic mod (ie soldering iron job) detailed on Nico's leeksecon website that gets the push button of the relevant rotary encoders active to do those tasks. I haven't plucked up the courage yet but plan too. Until then those functions are not implemented for the P&P MCP. You could say, use/reprogram the CWS A and B buttons for that in the meantime, if you never use them otherwise. Thanks again Roar it's great to start to see the OC FMC come to life.

Or a mod to what the buttons do like in the the level d sioc script does, you can use a double click say of the speed button to activate speed intervention, or a double click of alt hold button to initiate alt intervention. If this was programmed into the sioc script. Thus was incorporated into the leveld d one to simulate the missing buttons on the mcp that the 767 would have

Is it possible to use this within SIOC running on a network PC? My setup at present has the MCP(P&P) plugged into a second PC which has SIOC on it and is networked to the FSX PC - using lekseecon this works flawlessly with the LevelD767. However I cant seem to get this to work across the network when using the FSUIPC method? I have wideserver installed and shows connected on second PC when FSX is running. Any ideas?

I don't see any reason it shouldn't work over the network with WideServer, but I haven't tested it. I am now working to finish my new B737 pedestal with NAV and COMM modules installed together witha new EFIS. My plan is to have all these working from another PC via WideServer, but I am not there yet. I hope to start on this next week and can then report back.I hope that the PMDG folks soon release the SDK,because that would make interfacing with hardware so much easier.rgs

Hi,No,I don' t have the script for COMM yet, but will try to do scripts for EFIS, COMM and NAV scripts later this week. Just got back from my mountain cottage this afternoon and are now eager to finalise my hardware/software setup with the newSP1 and Expansion packages.

Hi,I was hoping that the SDK would have arrived now in order to make some easier EFIS coding, maybe it is released tomorrow.I have a beta code for the OP EFIS that have most of the switches and dials working, but still implemented with FSUIPC coding together with SIOC.I will upload the code tomorrow as I do not ahve access to my PC now.rgs