Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

PMDG_737NGX.DLL Crash

Hi, Any idea on when we can expect a fix for the PMDG_737NGX.DLL crash when selecting any PMDG737NGX aircraft?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

First i've heard of your problem. Open a ticket and see if Ryan can take a look at your setup.Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Mike,Have you installed any hotfixes or patches?Are you loading the default flight first or set the trike as the default startup aircraft?I reinstall of the NGX might be in order first.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi, A support ticket has been submitted. I have the original download for the PMDG from August with no hot fixes installed, FSX crashes when I select the PMDG 737NGX aircraft. I then installed each hot fix and tried again only to be left with the same APPCRASH message PMDG_737NGX.DLL. Next I tried downloading PMDG's latest offering with hot fix #3 included, same problem. I then ran hot fix #4, again same problem. I then went and formatted both hard drives and started from scratch. I installed Windows 7 64 bit and all critical updates. I then install FSX and service packs one and two. Followed by PMDG's 737NGX, again same problem. My system is a flight simulator only setup and does not contain any virus protection, spyware and/or firewall. The program was downloaded without any of these software/hardware items turned on. All items were installed as the administrator and UAC is turned off. I've also tried running the default Trike (situation) aircraft and then tried loading PMDG's 737NGX, as well as loading PMDG's 737NGX right from the start, same APPCRASH problem. I've also deleted my FSX.CFG file countless times and tried that as well. $70.00 dollars for this addon and right now I have nothing, I know PMDG wants to protect their software from pirates, but their protection scheme should not come at the expense of keeping their paying customers from using the software. For software that was held for so long to make absolutely sure they got it right, they got it so wrong.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike, Did you install FSX to your 2nd hard drive (path?)?FSX SP2?I also have Win7-64 HP.Never (so far) had an install / startup fail with any of the PMDG downloads (several).My system is not overclocked .. can you un-clock just for a test? Edit:Did you do the few recommended system setup changes in the manual?Intro manual ... starts on Pg 11. You probably will want this one later:http://forum.avsim.n...me/page__st__25 A quote from the link."Perhaps it's a good idea to replace the W7 uiautomationcore.dll stored under sytem32 with the Vista uiautomationcore.dll?"

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Read this Mike: (a post from another member)"I'm running Win 7 RC x64 had the crash.Seems to be fixed by just copying my Vista x64c:\windows\System32\UIAutomationCore.dlltothe Win 7 x64 main FSX dirC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XAt least it has not crashed since I made the file copy,I did not need to register it or copy it anywhere other than the FSX dir?AS per:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...26-f2ed6fbeae97 "/ Leffe

Hi, I replaced the UIAutomationCore.dll file and I followed the PMDG intro manual step-by-step, same problem. The first thing I did (after the initial crash) was to remove the overclock, the same APPCRASH is being generated by PMDG_737NGX.DLL. FSX is not and has never been on my system drive, its located on my D drive in a directory called FSX.

Mike, This ia a long shot ... but,"The first thing I did (after the initial crash) was to remove the overclock" Could overclock cause an install problem (corruption)?

Best Regards,

Hi, After removal of the overclock, I started from scratch. I installed Windows 7 64bit, all critical updates, then FSX, then FSX sp1 & sp2, then PMDG. I get the same APPCRASH: PMDG_737NGX.DLL.

Hey, I got the same problem from time to time...I have Saitek hardware (yoke , rudder , quadrant)Reinstalling the drivers from the website and plugging the usb in & out was the solution for me....If you don't have Saitek controllers try to remove the usb from the controllers that you are running and check if you can load the aircraft! GreetzKev

Mike, Very tough one .. you should not have this problem! Did you disable visual themes and desktop composition? I am running out of ideas .. may have to go look at some troubleshooting notes on my other PC.

Best Regards,

Hi, Yep, both (visual themes & desktop composition) are disabled and I run FSX as an administrator. I do not have any Saitek hardware, I have a PFC column yoke, VRAC Boeing Throttle quad and Revolution rudder pedals. All of which have been connected / disconnected just to test FSX and PMDG's 737NGX aircraft. Same APPCRASH: PMDG_737NGX.DLL. I'm still waiting to hear (support ticket) from PMDG.

have you checked that none of the files and folders are 'read only'. that initially caused me problems, as did uiautomation.dll

Hi, All of my non shared folders are marked read only, I have no way of changing the attributes, that option is greyed out. The files themselves are not marked as read only.

Mike,Check in your services running in Windows to see if you have the FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 running before loading the aircraft. If it isn't running you need to start the process because the NGX requires it.

Sean Green