Hi Guys I'm having real problems with my Saitek Yoke... After not using FSX for some time, when I now launch it, my Saitek yoke is acting VERY oddly: The tiniest movement of aileron or elevator causes immediate maximum deflection. This is ONLY yoke movement. Throttles, prop pitch, mixture, brakes and rudder pedals are all fine. This happens regardless of using FSX or FSUIPC for actions and/or calibration. I've tried: Deleting & rebuilding FSUIPC.INI and also standard.xmlReinstalling SPAD (although does not control axis)Installing Saitek drivers (later uninstalled)Unplugging and moving all the USB devices Initially, I thought it must just be faulty hardware. However, if I exit FSX and calibrate with Windows, movement is normal and smooth. It also acts normally when using the Saitek calibration software. Since last using FSX, I've installed a couple of games, but not ones that make use of controllers. I'm now at a complete loss and really need your help. Thanks

hi,Can you try your yoke on another computer. If the problem is still there, it must be a yoke problem. So far it seems that you have considered that is a FSX or FSUIPC problem.Did you check the plugs?Did you use the windows calibration tool to see the yoke response?Do you have another yoke to see if it is an FSX problem? Well I am just trying to help you.Hope this helps

Guest jahman

I had a similar problem with aileron and rudder extreme movements (right aileron up and right rudder) and then sticking. Turns out assigning the following FSUIPC axis fucntions solved my problem (I was using lder funtions that I didn't know I was not supposed to use...): Elev/SlewAheadAileron/SlewSideRudder/SlewHdg With "send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" selected in each case. Also in FSUIPC under the "joystick calibration" tab, on the left side you can see the raw axis numbers coming into FSUIPC, so perhaps that's another diagnostic to help you diagnose your axis problem. Cheers, - jahman.

If you are using FSUIPC have you disabled the Joystick inputs in FSX as they will cause unexpected behaviour. Cheers Martin

If you are using FSUIPC have you disabled the Joystick inputs in FSX as they will cause unexpected behaviour. Cheers Martin
Indeed, yes. I've been using FSUIPC for ALL my settings and calib for years, so I pretty much know what to look out for. This however, has me completely baffled. Pete Dawson has given me some stuff to on, will check this out later. Have a look and see what you think... http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69567-need-your-help-please-pete/It's a real bit** as I now can't fly my NGXThinking.gif

Indeed, yes. I've been using FSUIPC for ALL my settings and calib for years, so I pretty much know what to look out for. This however, has me completely baffled. Pete Dawson has given me some stuff to on, will check this out later. Have a look and see what you think... http://forum.simflig...lp-please-pete/ It's a real bit** as I now can't fly my NGXThinking.gif
HelloI have used this advice from the Saitek forum in the past when my yoke calibration was playing up.Apparently the values written to the registry are sometimes wrong leading to the inability to calibrate the yoke correctly.I have snipped this directly from the Saitek forum. -------------------------------- To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.Go to start/run and type regedit.The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)SystemCurrentControlSetControlMedia PropertiesPrivate PropertiesDirect InputInside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault

HelloI have used this advice from the Saitek forum in the past when my yoke calibration was playing up.Apparently the values written to the registry are sometimes wrong leading to the inability to calibrate the yoke correctly.I have snipped this directly from the Saitek forum. -------------------------------- To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke. Go to start/run and type regedit. The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)SystemCurrentControlSetControlMedia PropertiesPrivate PropertiesDirect Input Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3. Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times. Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen. If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault
Thanks, will check that out too.

HelloI have used this advice from the Saitek forum in the past when my yoke calibration was playing up.Apparently the values written to the registry are sometimes wrong leading to the inability to calibrate the yoke correctly.I have snipped this directly from the Saitek forum. -------------------------------- To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke. Go to start/run and type regedit. The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)SystemCurrentControlSetControlMedia PropertiesPrivate PropertiesDirect Input Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3. Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times. Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen. If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault
Mad dog... I could kiss you!!!! (thank your lucky stars I don't know where you liveim%20Not%20Worthy.gif ) Thank you so much for taking the time to post. It was indeed the problem. Quite how you ever got a response from Saitek though.... They're about the world's worst when it comes to customer support! I knew it could not possibly be the hardware, as it worked perfectly when using either the Saitek or Windows calibration applets. This info is certainlay worth storing for the future. Thanks again sir!