What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FOKKER F27 100/200/300 OFFER PRICE ENDS SOON!
- Majestic Software Dash 8 - Q400 - Pilot Edition 25% off
- Flight1 BN-2 Islander 50% Off at Just Flight
- ORBX 37% off Sale at FlightSimStore
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- AETI Yoke and CH Pedals for sale cheap
- System including all hardware and simpit for sale!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
. . .
The best flight planner for FSX
Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:35 AM
Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:18 AM
Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:31 AM
HelloAs the OP uses Aiviasoft EFB he is going to be needing a planner that uses the same navigraph navdata cycles as his EFB so Plan G though a fairly nice VFR planner will be of no use as the navdata will not match and it also does not do Sids and Stars or Navtrack/Pacots.I use FScommander and that would be my recomendation but as he already has a good moving map with the EFB then FSbuild may be a good choice.Both of these use the same navdata so will be a good match with Aiviasoft EFB
I use FSCommander which I recommend, Plan-G is also good and free... For your purposes FSCommander may have the edge since you can update the NavDATA. If you do a search on Google then you will be able to download a limited version so you can see if you like it or not. Worth downloading Plan-G anyway since it is free! G
Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:40 AM
I use flight operation center.But. If I were you I would wait for this : http://www.pfpx.com/
Hi, The other day I was trying to plan a flight from GUCY to SBRJ. Normally I use the online RouteFinder tool that is also part of the EFB software. However when trying to plan a flight between these two airports the resulting route was a HUGE detour and with some help from my fellow VPA pilots someone was kind enough to give me a more realistic route he created using FSBuild. I've been using the RouteFinder for quite some time now and most of the time it works pretty well, especially considering it's a free service! However once in a while you find yourself in this situation when it just won't give you a realistic route so I was thinking of maybe investing a few $ in a good flight planning program. Would be very nice to have one that works in a good way together with EFB so the route can be imported into EFB. FSBuild is of course one candidate but noticed it's been around for quite some time now and getting rather old but maybe it's still the best FP around? Might also add that I'm doing all my flying online on the IVAO network. Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations!
Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:11 AM