What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- FSX Steam edition is 80% off At the moment
- FSX on Steam back to £3.99 for the weekend
- Thai Creations -50%
- Flash Sales PCAviator.com.au (AU store only)
- Tiger Moth for £4.49 at justflight.com until end of Sunday
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Edtracker for sale
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
. . .
The best flight planner for FSX
Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:35 AM
Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:18 AM
Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:31 AM
HelloAs the OP uses Aiviasoft EFB he is going to be needing a planner that uses the same navigraph navdata cycles as his EFB so Plan G though a fairly nice VFR planner will be of no use as the navdata will not match and it also does not do Sids and Stars or Navtrack/Pacots.I use FScommander and that would be my recomendation but as he already has a good moving map with the EFB then FSbuild may be a good choice.Both of these use the same navdata so will be a good match with Aiviasoft EFB
I use FSCommander which I recommend, Plan-G is also good and free... For your purposes FSCommander may have the edge since you can update the NavDATA. If you do a search on Google then you will be able to download a limited version so you can see if you like it or not. Worth downloading Plan-G anyway since it is free! G
Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:40 AM
I use flight operation center.But. If I were you I would wait for this : http://www.pfpx.com/
Hi, The other day I was trying to plan a flight from GUCY to SBRJ. Normally I use the online RouteFinder tool that is also part of the EFB software. However when trying to plan a flight between these two airports the resulting route was a HUGE detour and with some help from my fellow VPA pilots someone was kind enough to give me a more realistic route he created using FSBuild. I've been using the RouteFinder for quite some time now and most of the time it works pretty well, especially considering it's a free service! However once in a while you find yourself in this situation when it just won't give you a realistic route so I was thinking of maybe investing a few $ in a good flight planning program. Would be very nice to have one that works in a good way together with EFB so the route can be imported into EFB. FSBuild is of course one candidate but noticed it's been around for quite some time now and getting rather old but maybe it's still the best FP around? Might also add that I'm doing all my flying online on the IVAO network. Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations!
Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:11 AM