•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

The best flight planner for FSX

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,766 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 1 Month and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:35 AM

Hi,The other day I was trying to plan a flight from GUCY to SBRJ. Normally I use the online RouteFinder tool that is also part of the EFB software. However when trying to plan a flight between these two airports the resulting route was a HUGE detour and with some help from my fellow VPA pilots someone was kind enough to give me a more realistic route he created using FSBuild.I've been using the RouteFinder for quite some time now and most of the time it works pretty well, especially considering it's a free service! However once in a while you find yourself in this situation when it just won't give you a realistic route so I was thinking of maybe investing a few $ in a good flight planning program.Would be very nice to have one that works in a good way together with EFB so the route can be imported into EFB. FSBuild is of course one candidate but noticed it's been around for quite some time now and getting rather old but maybe it's still the best FP around? Might also add that I'm doing all my flying online on the IVAO network.Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations!
Posted Image

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Gazzareth

Gazzareth

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 10 Years and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

I use FSCommander which I recommend, Plan-G is also good and free...For your purposes FSCommander may have the edge since you can update the NavDATA. If you do a search on Google then you will be able to download a limited version so you can see if you like it or not. Worth downloading Plan-G anyway since it is free!G
Posted Image

#3 mad dog

mad dog

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,694 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 10 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

I use FSCommander which I recommend, Plan-G is also good and free... For your purposes FSCommander may have the edge since you can update the NavDATA. If you do a search on Google then you will be able to download a limited version so you can see if you like it or not. Worth downloading Plan-G anyway since it is free! G

HelloAs the OP uses Aiviasoft EFB he is going to be needing a planner that uses the same navigraph navdata cycles as his EFB so Plan G though a fairly nice VFR planner will be of no use as the navdata will not match and it also does not do Sids and Stars or Navtrack/Pacots.I use FScommander and that would be my recomendation but as he already has a good moving map with the EFB then FSbuild may be a good choice.Both of these use the same navdata so will be a good match with Aiviasoft EFB

#4 MindYerBeak

MindYerBeak

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 4 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

Hi, The other day I was trying to plan a flight from GUCY to SBRJ. Normally I use the online RouteFinder tool that is also part of the EFB software. However when trying to plan a flight between these two airports the resulting route was a HUGE detour and with some help from my fellow VPA pilots someone was kind enough to give me a more realistic route he created using FSBuild. I've been using the RouteFinder for quite some time now and most of the time it works pretty well, especially considering it's a free service! However once in a while you find yourself in this situation when it just won't give you a realistic route so I was thinking of maybe investing a few $ in a good flight planning program. Would be very nice to have one that works in a good way together with EFB so the route can be imported into EFB. FSBuild is of course one candidate but noticed it's been around for quite some time now and getting rather old but maybe it's still the best FP around? Might also add that I'm doing all my flying online on the IVAO network. Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations!

I use flight operation center.But. If I were you I would wait for this : http://www.pfpx.com/

#5 mad dog

mad dog

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,694 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 10 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

I use flight operation center.But. If I were you I would wait for this : http://www.pfpx.com/

HelloLooks good but where does it get its navdata from ?.

#6 MindYerBeak

MindYerBeak

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 4 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

HelloLooks good but where does it get its navdata from ?.

I think they asked this question already and somebody , possibly a developer ?,answered : "Still need to naildown a navdata supplier..."

#7 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 3,766 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 1 Month and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for your input guys! Checked out pfpx and it looks interesting, someone else in another fourum pointed out that one too. Would have been great to have a good program right away and as I understood it we might have to wait until turn of the year before it's released but maybe it's worth waiting for and I guess I'll survive without a real flight planner a couple of more month considering I've flown for years only using the free and online Route Finder service that is also built-in into EFB.
Posted Image

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!