Sign in to follow this  
Mike630

777 or 787

Just a thought but after watching some vid, I think that PMDG should do a 787 instead of a 777 or have a vote lol. But judging by how real PMDG does it IDK if they can get the data in the way they need it to make the plane realistic.

I think this has been said before but: Although the Boeing 787 Dreamliner has been flying for upwards of 2 years, there is yet to be sufficient data to feasibly create a simulation at the level of PMDG and within FSX limitations at this point. Data is capable of being used in professionaly simulators, not limited to the extensive data requried by FSX.

Inactive

I think this has been said before but: Although the Boeing 787 Dreamliner has been flying for upwards of 2 years, there is yet to be sufficient data to feasibly create a simulation at the level of PMDG and within FSX limitations at this point. Data is capable of being used in professionaly simulators, not limited to the extensive data requried by FSX.
LOl yea thats what I was thinking. It would be nice though :) The plane looks GREAT

There's a dilemma for PMDG - people really are going to want the cabin modeled on a 787, what with those funky self-dimming windows the thing has! Note that there are two FSX 787s already in development - Aerosim and Quality Wings. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The other thing to keep in mind is that there is a substantial amount of commonality on the flight decks of the 737 NG and the 777. Thus, it is probably much easier for PMDG to leverage at least some of their existing work on the NGX in their future 777 product. Now I would certainly love to see PMDG do a 787, but I'm not expecting that to happen for quite a long time.

Well I'm just looking forward to the 777... :) It's going to be nice! But I think their might go some time before they have the 777 up and running. :)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

I still admire the beauty of the 777 although the 787 will mean a huge leap forward in navigation which means the end of waypoint to waypoint navigation from what I understand. They call it Performance-based Navigation and it will be interesting to see how it is implemented. My heart remains with the 777, I mean who wouldn't love this? 3303807650_85df842030.jpg

\Robert Hamlich/

I absolutely love the 777 i cant wait for it.But right now i am having a blast with the 737

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I'm a ramp agent at JFK and I see the T7's everyday. Everything from AA to Qatar, and I must admit, they are a work of art. Just beautiful. I for one CANNOT wait for PMDG's rendition of the T7!

Data is capable of being used in professionaly simulators, not limited to the extensive data requried by FSX.
I think you overestimate FSX parameters. The flight models arent THAT complicated. FSX is very limited in it's ability to model physics. The code wouldn't even begin to compare to a real sim. I dream of owning a PMDG made 773ER. It is a beautiful and graceful looking bird, but I would certainly not turn down a 787. I wouldn't trust any other add on company to do it justice. Required Navigation Performance isn't exclusive to the 787. It's already being implemented on all types of aircraft. This is from wiki: In 1996, Alaska Airlines became the first airline in the world to utilize an RNP approach with its approach down the Gastineau Channel into Juneau, Alaska. Alaska Airlines Captain Steve Fulton and Captain Hal Anderson developed more than 30 RNP approaches for the airline's Alaska operations. In 2003 they founded Naverus which is the world leader in helping deploy RNP and other PBN systems worldwide.[3] In 2005, Alaska Airlines became the first airline to utilize RNP approaches into Reagan National Airport to avoid congestion.[4] In April 2009, Alaska Airlines became the first airline to gain approval from the FAA to validate their own RNP approaches.[4] On April 6, 2010, Southwest Airlines converted to RNP.[5] In October 2011 Boeing, Lion Air and the Indonesian Directorate General of Civil Aviation, performed validation flights to test tailor-made Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required (RNP AR) procedures at 2 terrain challenged airports, Ambon and Manado, Indonesia as pioneering the use of RNP precision navigation technology in South Asia.[6]

Chris Hicks

I'm a ramp agent at JFK and I see the T7's everyday. Everything from AA to Qatar, and I must admit, they are a work of art. Just beautiful. I for one CANNOT wait for PMDG's rendition of the T7!
I miss seeing that Qatar 777 in T4 :( On Topic: I hope the 777 is released first so I can do some long hauls (Even though I can't stand 7hrs+ flights lol) I'll make an exception when it's released.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD