Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

After i installed ASE. FSX froze.

Hi everybody, i am new to this forum. Just brought ASE 7 hours ago (Brought it from simmarket.com) First time ver my simulator freezed.The whole simulator froze (No movement) 5 min ago i installed ASE.It froze just after passing 26000 feet. (From Amsterdam to Copenhagen)Event log: The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.Process ID: 7c8Start Time: 01cc8db3ef84b412Termination Time: 133Application Path: F:\FSX\fsx.exeReport Id: (There is no info)

Hello, This is most likely due to a problem with resources available or another issue with FS that is being noticed due to ASE's control of weather or depiction of certain weather parameters. In the past 10 years we've had several similar reports which have turned out to be unrelated to AS and due to the simulator installation/configuration itself, beyond the scope of AS. Because of that we'd highly recommend a thorough review of your FS installation and perhaps turning off/disabling other add-ons and changing options (i.e. graphics settings) so that the problem can be identified. ASE is an external application that communicates only via simconnect weather setting parameters, so it theoretically is impossible for ASE to cause FSX to crash, but instead FSX is crashing either due to exhaustion of resources, configuration problems, or an internal FS bug. We don't have any related documented bugs with FSX currently (in the past there have been some which we have circumvented). If you continue having trouble you can contact our support center at http://support.hifitechinc.com and include your logs, we may be able to help identify things for you.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Okay, it just seemed strange it first happend after installing ase.Will fly some test flight tomorrow with and without ase enabled. I will return with my result. Thanks for your help.