Sign in to follow this  
JonnyGR4

Very annoying problem! Help please

I have a GTX580 graphics card with the latest drivers installed and everytime I run FSX you can see these faint, shimmering horizontal lines in the screen, more noticeable when set at night or dusk. I've set various settings on the Nvidia inspector and made sure V Sync is on, makes no difference. I re-installed the drivers tonight so everything set to default and the lines are still there! This is really bugging me as i've just spent a lot of money on a FSX PC!!! Has anyone had this problem or anyone got any settings to try to get rid of these lines! Thanks guys.

Do these lines appear in the sky or on objects? I have noticed color bands depicting varying degrees of light and darkness during dusk and dawn and they do appear when flying during the day although they are not clearly as evident. Also, when installing a new video card driver do delete the FSX.cfg so a new one can be rebuilt when you restart FSX (remember to keep a copy of your edits or they will be lost) Anyone else have any ideas? Just found this, is this what you are talking about? http://forum.avsim.net/topic/351441-moonlight-alaskan-style/page__view__findpost__p__2137817

Edited by BAW435

\Robert Hamlich/

They're all across the screen and they appear in the day but like you say they're not nearly as noticeable. To be fair after re-installing the Nvidia drivers I didn't delete the cfg so I'll try that. I might just re-install everything and start from scratch! It's frustrating as the sim runs perfectly, apart from these annoying lines!

Or could anyone list their settings in Nvidia Inspector that they're using in FSX running a GTX-580 please?

If you visit the PMDG General forum you'll find a "sticky" showing some good settings for use with the Nvidia inspector, here: http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/ Tim
I'll give this a go, I'm running the newer version of Inspector and some of the settings on the one I've got don't correspond to the settings shown in the link. Thanks for that.

Well I've tried adjusting the settings but these lines are still flickering/shimmering across the screen! Anyone got any ideas on what settings I could try??

The settings on the Inspector I've got are not listed. It's a newer version and I can't get the older one! This is a nightmare!

Yeah I've got into that, the screen with all the various drop down boxes but I'm running the new Inspector 1.9.5.5, and some of the drop down tabs read different to what's on Nicks set up guide, so I can't follow it exactly! There's problems somewhere because it's not running all that smooth, the scenery doesn't look great, I'm getting serious screen flickers when changing views and normal flying, the PMDG 737 crashes everytime I go into settings and then go back to the sim! I know it's nothing to do with my hardware, it's all to do with settings and I just don't know enough about them to determine which ones to set! Pi$$ed off is an understatement!

What settings are listed in your new version? for all I know 1.9.5.5 is the latest versionAre you sure you have the CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml?

Guest venustus01

This may sound silly, but are you running the desktop/sim in 16bit colours?Failing that, and /or any hardware problems,I would assume improper driver installation. I use the latest inspector with settings similar to dazz with no problems.Can you provide a screenshot?

This may sound silly, but are you running the desktop/sim in 16bit colours?Failing that, and /or any hardware problems,I would assume improper driver installation. I use the latest inspector with settings similar to dazz with no problems.Can you provide a screenshot?
No it's definitely running in 32. Tried re-installing the drivers but the horizontal lines are still there, they're almost like interference lines, I even moved my wireless router away from the monitor but no joy. I ran a 3d graphics test programme and the lines show up on that so it's not just FSX. After hours on it last night I've finally got the Nvidia Inspector setup and the sim runs well now part from these lines! Really strange, I'll try another monitor on it this week to at least eliminate that. I'll try and get a screenshot but not sure if they'll show up, but I'll give it a go.

I downloaded the new Nvidia drivers and these lines are still there, really odd. Has anyone got a GTX580 and using the latest drivers and the latest version of Inspector? If so please can you show me exactly what settings you're using please? I'm beginning to think I may have a faulty card but need to try some other settings first. Thankyou for all replies!