Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

Avsim was sent a series of in game screenshots from the upcoming release of X-plane10 , more were expected , the pictures look outstanding ! 007.jpg006.jpg005.jpg004.jpg003.jpg

Be interesting to know how functional that 747 is. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

WOW! Looks really good!I'll try X-Plane for the first time soon...

Mauricio Brentano

The shadows in that 4th shot look amazing, prime helicopter flying area! And look at the detail in the roads - you won't need UTX with this baby!

Be interesting to know how functional that 747 is. Al
It will be more functional than the default FSX 747 in that it has an FMC and several other "systems", however, it is x planes default FMC and systems meaning it won't be study sim with accurate Boeing systems.

Looks amazing. I might even get it over MS Flight.
Get it over? ... get both.

Overall, they are all really nice. The lighting in the second is particularly impressive, the fourth really showcases the new world they are creating, and the cockpit in the last is fantastic for default. The second picture I thought was slightly disappointing because I (personally) think the lights close up should be brighter. Also, in the fourth the line where the buildings stop being generated is a bit obvious, but considering what a massive improvement it is over FSX autogen, who cares!

Daniel Miller

I thought it would be a little more impressive than this. Just not that outstanding IMO. The mountains don't even have trees, they are just painted on the terrain. laugh.png

Brandon Filer

I thought it would be a little more impressive than this. Just not that outstanding IMO. The mountains don't even have trees, they are just painted on the terrain. laugh.png
I'm pretty sure that's yet to come, per the note on their facebook page. the terrain looks like XP9 to me (as a regular user). http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150333544711283.345752.339202526282&type=1

You are speaking WAAAY too soon.I'm not saying anything, except, just wait until you see what the trees look like. Apart from that, if it doesn't impress you that much, I guess you'll be sticking to MS Flight.

Good looking stuff - "but" - every couple of years I upgrade to the latest X-plane version but find myself going back to MS because X-plane still doesn't have the total functionality (easily accessible cockpit and instrument views, comprehensive ATC and such) that MS does - although each incremental release gets a little bit better - maybe this x-plane version will be the "big one" that brings it all together. Also - for a number of years the x-plane developers pooh paahed aircraft and interior graphics such as those in MS as eye candy and focused instead on the supposedly very accutate flight dynamics in X-plane. Of course this completely missed the point that visual cues are a key element in creating the necessary suspension of disbelief for an effective simulation not to mention leaving out the viewing enjoyment factor that many simmers like just as much as accurate performance models These shots and some others floating around the net indicate that the X-Plane folks may have gotten the both the aircraft and exterior scenery graphics message - I hope so!

I am sure the qualities on display will motivate developers to look into the new SDK , bringing their skillsets and Maxfiles into practice producing new Aircraft for this platform, i look forward to discussing some projects with friends like RXP.