Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

FSX isn't the benchmark for that either think out of the box
Quite catchy Andre :) Unfortunately, what comes out of the box is the basis for many average sim customers. Us forum types are usually in much deeper, which is why we're here in the first place. There really is a large contingent of casual users who don't go too deep into add-ons and the boxed stuff is really all we have to compare to at the "first level" of comparisons. If we were to discuss what is each sim is capable of....I myself would give XP10 the nod based on quantitative comparisons; however, that's like comparing what a person CAN do vs. what they ARE doing. I think many people like to discuss what xplane can do...but if its not doing it, then that's no good and the sim isn't for a whole lot of people...and I'd agree; however, some of us don't mind hanging around and helping show what xplane is capable of even though we know that takes some time and effort. There's a lot of visual stuff out there that the public hasn't seen yet. That video was the first I've seen of the autogen roads and I have to say I like what I see for myself as a simmer.TomK

Do you guys really think that guys at Aces, or other simulation devs were/are thinking about money only? If it wasn't a passion they would make another Call of Duty game, not flight sim.
Yes, there were a lot of people with Microsoft/Aces that were passionate about flight. A number of them were pilots, and some owned aircraft as well. And it's the same for many other MSFS developers also. I know, because I beta-tested several versions of MSFS, as well as for other developers. What we do have here, is people working on all these sims who are very interested in flight.That is good...L.Adamson

Quite catchy Andre :) Unfortunately, what comes out of the box is the basis for many average sim customers. Us forum types are usually in much deeper, which is why we're here in the first place. There really is a large contingent of casual users who don't go too deep into add-ons and the boxed stuff is really all we have to compare to at the "first level" of comparisons. If we were to discuss what is each sim is capable of....I myself would give XP10 the nod based on quantitative comparisons; however, that's like comparing what a person CAN do vs. what they ARE doing. I think many people like to discuss what xplane can do...but if its not doing it, then that's no good and the sim isn't for a whole lot of people...and I'd agree; however, some of us don't mind hanging around and helping show what xplane is capable of even though we know that takes some time and effort. There's a lot of visual stuff out there that the public hasn't seen yet. That video was the first I've seen of the autogen roads and I have to say I like what I see for myself as a simmer.TomK
Well I agree Tom that's why I find renders (unrealistic, never seen in the software simulation, it's so easy to blow somebody away in awh lol) or screen shots always deceiving...A little movie is at least closer to the in simulation stuff but still...There are so many parameters involved for a good judgment, it's the actually software on your localhardware which gives the best idea (that's why I buy it and see of I like it)Lol apology maybe my English was a bit confusing here after reading it back, I meant more "thinking out of the box" not related to the current Simulation stuff on the market...I'm for one curious what version 10 has to offer ;-)Hope this clears it up what I was trying to say...

André

Definitely a communication "faux pas" Andre :D No worries. Some more of the sim will be shown at the sim conference in Amsterdam from what I understand......so I better get back to it, the default airport is on my plate. -TomK

HelloI really want XP10 to be a success but those screenshots look very dated, looks like FS2004.
I partially agree with you... The phototextures and the lighting placed on them look a bit outdated, but they are after all addons for XP9 and do not really use any of the new features XP10 offers. I would assume there is no autogen or anything like that on them, not the new lighting. Regarding the plane, I just think it could be a little darker, considering it isnt in the daylight.
Short video showing some XP10 art assets /streetview of a 747 landing onlinehttp://www.x-plane.com/news/
This is what excites me more than anything else. Now that it is coming together, it really feels like a world. The sprawling highways, the building everywhere that look somewhat correctly placed. It actually reminds me a bit of why I love the FlyTampa Kai Tak addon so much (not including the obvious fact that it is Kai Tak...). When looking out the passenger window on approach, it actually looks like the world. Default FSX, or even FSX with many Airport addons, in my opinion tend to look completely fake, with randomly placed autogen. I am eagerly awaiting a video showing everything at work. I hope they release one at sunset or night, in a storm. I would love to see that new lighting at work, with all the cars on the highway, thunderstorms, and the AI planes being blown about on approach.

Daniel Miller

Short video showing some XP10 art assets /streetview of a 747 landing onlinehttp://www.x-plane.com/news/
Nice vid. I've never used XP9 so I can't say anything about it but XP-10 is something I'll try for sure after looking at this vid. BUT who ever landed this plane need to have is liscense revoked .....Sick.gif

The video is absolutely impressive. I love that the scale of buildings, trees, and houses looks correct. Also the road system and placement of buildings is great and lastly the roads to not overlap a texture of other roads. Very much looking forward to seeing more of the sim put together.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Mike saved me lots of typing. Very impressed guys!!! The approach shot is very realistic with the plausible skyline. Seriously, I don't remember seeing such a realistic shot in any fsim video before.

The video is absolutely impressive. I love that the scale of buildings, trees, and houses looks correct. Also the road system and placement of buildings is great and lastly the roads to not overlap a texture of other roads. Very much looking forward to seeing more of the sim put together.

I smiled all the way through the video. Finally, someone who knows textures! The color palette is impressive and spot-on. A very realistic interpretation of a cityscape. I can only hope this level of fidelity will be seen throughout the simulator, or maybe I'm expecting a little too much? Anyways, I had a good laugh when the 47 hit the runway, wings slapping the pavement and all. LOL.gif

Nothing new in X-Plane10 , I am used to slapping wings on the tarmac in X-Plane9 as well, whahahahahaha.OK its a nice video showing us the magnificent scenery , the same time showing its imperfection.To be honest I really do not understand why somone who wants to promote a simulator shows us a demo with a landing like that.Its does not make sense making a commercial video for a sports-car and driving it in a stonewall at the end either.I said it many times before on FSX fora , lets keep it a "flightsimulator" and lets not make it a world-simulator.Now this silly video , nice buildings and roads and in the end a plane making a landing any real plane would never survive without severe damage.Ohh no this one slams the tarmac like a tennisball not loosing one screw.Please forget about the buildings and make planes behave the they should, hitting the tarmac.I do not want to see terrible things and a lot of blood.Just a lot of smoke and dust and a sign "Game over" would do for me.Seeing a plane roll on over the tarmac without damage after such a landing ............... thats far from realistic.just my 2 cts

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

The video maker just told me he was flying using a mouse. Xplane doesn't really have to start showing off its flight characteristics- its already known for that. Plus he didn't have the airframe damage settings on. Sheesh, I sometimes almost kiss the helipad with my R22 and can still overstress my airframe.I'd still kill for a passenger window shot in that vid though!

Nothing new in X-Plane10 , I am used to slapping wings on the tarmac in X-Plane9 as well, whahahahahaha.OK its a nice video showing us the magnificent scenery , the same time showing its imperfection.To be honest I really do not understand why somone who wants to promote a simulator shows us a demo with a landing like that.Its does not make sense making a commercial video for a sports-car and driving it in a stonewall at the end either.I said it many times before on FSX fora , lets keep it a "flightsimulator" and lets not make it a world-simulator.Now this silly video , nice buildings and roads and in the end a plane making a landing any real plane would never survive without severe damage.Ohh no this one slams the tarmac like a tennisball not loosing one screw.Please forget about the buildings and make planes behave the they should, hitting the tarmac.I do not want to see terrible things and a lot of blood.Just a lot of smoke and dust and a sign "Game over" would do for me.Seeing a plane roll on over the tarmac without damage after such a landing ............... thats far from realistic.just my 2 cts
Just to let you know, LeenX Plane 9 has realistic tire damage on rough landings, and in some cases, total damage along with several other damage settings. But damage can be turned off so it is possible to throw the aircraft around and slam it into the ground and not break it.Whatever X Plane 9 has will be carried over to X Plane 10 along with whatever enhancements they have added.

I know nevertheless I can fly with one wingtip into the tarmac and fly away afterwards.Am I missing settings...........where are these settings?Please help me out.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I know nevertheless I can fly with one wingtip into the tarmac and fly away afterwards.Am I missing settings...........where are these settings?Please help me out.Leen
When you're in the sim, go into Settings/Operations and WarningsAll in there.

Guest bstolle
I know nevertheless I can fly with one wingtip into the tarmac and fly away afterwards.
Just take a look at this video

at 0.55 the wingtip hits the ground real hard and he keeps flying. Notice the strong yaw moment due to the wing strike.Don't know about x-plane but FSX handles that in exactly the same way...