Sign in to follow this  
TOM767

Finally a Fix for The Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Pitch Axis

If your using FSUIPC did you remove the axis in FSX? You don't want to have them in both FSX and FSUIPIC. It's either one or the other. First calibrate your Yoke. Then each time you go into FSX to fly you should open FSUIPC and test a button or axis. By opening FSUIPC your refreshing it and this should be done before each and every flight. I found this especially necessary when using the PMDG 737-NGX. Try it and report back your findings.

Hi Paul, I had fsx controller disabled. Only fsuipc controlling the yoke,throttle and rudder. Also I do go into fsuipc calibrate whenever I load fsx. Just don't know why is it so sensitive. It jump from 0-16383 with slight touch, rolling left seem normal though.

I just started usng a Saitek Pro Yoke after years of using a CH yoke and I do find the Saitek yoke both better looking and feeling more real when I hold it in my hands but what I don't like is the things discussed in this thread regarding the detent and the yoke not feeling as "precise" as the CH yoke especially when on short final in the NGX for instance when you want to make lots of small corrections.

I tried opening the Saitek yoke but even after removing all the screws I wasn't able to take it apart and I was afraid breaking anything if I would use too much force. Does anyone know if there's a video tutorial somewhere where you can see how it's actually done?

Richard Åsberg

Glad you got it fixed man. I had this yoke too, and the aileron axis actually annoyed me even more, it felt and sounded like a squeeking door and wasn't smooth. So I went for the Pro Flight CESSNA yoke from Saitek. Luckily, this product is absolutely outstanding and I've yet to have one problem with it. Every problem I had with the Pro Flight Yoke with their axis' and other reliability issues, did not occur with this CESSNA yoke. I find it actually extremely odd, that nobody seems to take note of this product and just goes for the Pro Flight Yoke. Is it because you don't like flying jets with a Cessna yoke? Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the Pro Flight Yoke is based on the one from the Beech Baron 58, so in terms of that it doesn't really matter.

Please, if you are looking for a mid range good quality yoke with no problems, go for the CESSNA product range from Saitek, those products are just outstanding.

For mr personally the CESSNA yoke doesnt look as nice, and the buttons are tremendously bulky.

Arjen : You say the cessna yoke is a massive improvment over the pro yoke. Ive search the net but im unable to find anything that says if the internals of the cessna yoke are any diffrent to the pro.Otherwise you may be back in the same position once the newness wears off.

For mr personally the CESSNA yoke doesnt look as nice, and the buttons are tremendously bulky.

Arjen : You say the cessna yoke is a massive improvment over the pro yoke. Ive search the net but im unable to find anything that says if the internals of the cessna yoke are any diffrent to the pro.Otherwise you may be back in the same position once the newness wears off.

I openened up the internals and I can confirm they are completely different from the Pro Yoke! In stead of that one spring for the aileron axis, it now has a big white gear with a spring tied around it. The buttons look bulky, but in reality they are not, they are very useful and smooth.

It frustrates me that Saitek has had a yoke on the market for so long, with known problems and when they improve the internals on a newer model they say nothing of it...

How about the sticky pitch axis?

P.s there is not 1 picture of the insides that i could find. If you open it up again, snap a pic! :smile:

Yeah that was the same problem I had too. Getting the stupid springs to stay in place long enough to put the cover back on. I ended up just notching a groove with a knife. But it was definately worth the time. I love my Yoke Now!

I got my Springs from Home Depot in the same pack of 4 springs that Tom Bought. I used the 2 big springs for the mod as Tom did and used one of the original 2 springs that you have to take out as the roll spring. It was loose and had some play in the roll so I used a Vise to clamp down on the ends and make the loops smaller. When I put it back on there was no play in the Roll and was perfect.

I really hate to drag this back up front...But I looked and looked at Home Depot's site and couldn't find the right dimensions?

Lowes has them but they are $20.00 for 4!

Any body have a stock number or skew for Home Depot?

Thanks...

I really hate to drag this back up front...But I looked and looked at Home Depot's site and couldn't find the right dimensions?

Lowes has them but they are $20.00 for 4!

Any body have a stock number or skew for Home Depot?

Thanks...

I would love to get a part number for this also, went into my local Home Depot yesterday (Toronto) and they didn't even have any springs at all. I have been frustrated for a while with my yoke and was thinking of changing it to the Cessna

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Has anyone yet been able to determine a stock # or specifications of the springs to use?  I found a set at Home Depot, but they were much too large.

Can someone link a place to get the springs ill order some then through a friend that lives in Canada.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Has anyone yet been able to determine a stock # or specifications of the springs to use?  I found a set at Home Depot, but they were much too large.

I just finished this mod. for the two main springs I used 1.25" x .25" x 9/32. It works well. There are a few "clicks" in the springs, but they are mostly at extreme throws in the yoke. I believe it is the springs moving around against the plastic posts.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

I have the Cessna version and have mixed thoughts about it. My yoke pitches great, it rolls great, but not together. If I try to pitch and roll together I feel added resistance and there's an audible scraping sound. As someone noted, this is troubling on final just above the threshold. I'm not sure if I'll try this fix, live with it, or sell it and just use a Warthog for all my flying.

James McLees