Sign in to follow this  
Adam Reed

FSX xuipc.dll causing frequent crashes help please

Hello guys ive been having CTDs recently in the ngx 737, but not sure if its related to that. it seems to be xuipc.dll Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: xuipc.dll, version: 10.0.61261.0, time stamp: 0x4695574eException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0005b2b5Faulting process id: 0x2f4Faulting application start time: 0x01cc90206587f6f7Faulting application path: B:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: B:\Flight Simulator X\xuipc.dllReport Id: d8fd0ad7-fc17-11e0-bd45-1c6f65d944c7 any help is very appreciated because i cant use fsx until it is sorted :(

Adam

Guest jahman

XUIPC.dll is an FSX component. Someone else solved and XUIPC-dll by installing all versions of the MSV Runtime. There should be an SP1 for the MGX in a week or so, so if you're only getting the error with the NGX I'd wait for the SP. Cheers, - jahman.

Hi jahmanThanks for info,I havent spent much time in other aircraft to say it definatly is ngx causing it, so what if its not? I should install the msv runtime again??Thanks

Adam

Guest jahman

That's what that other post would seem to suggest. Before doing so, however, you might try going into Windows Update to make sure the MSVC Runtimes you have installed are up to date. Perhaps that is enough to solve your problem. Cheers, - Jahman.

Guest firehawk44
Hi jahman Thanks for info, I havent spent much time in other aircraft to say it definatly is ngx causing it, so what if its not? I should install the msv runtime again?? Thanks
So you had all the MSV's installed? These programs were designed by developers and tell Windows exactly how they want FSX or a FSX addon installed. When you click that execute program, it is being installed according to the wishes of certain MSV. It does not hurt anything to install all the MSV versions, from 2005 to 2010. Then, any software program that relies on one of them will have no problems installing the software correctly. Jahman is correct. Windows update will update the MSV runtimes. Your crashes are definitely not a problem of NGX. If the PMDG NGX was at fault, everyone would be posting here with the same issue. Once you update and/or install the MSV runtimes, please uninstall/reinstall the PMDG 737NGX to make sure the product was installed correctly. It's probably not really necessary as the XUIPC.dll is not related specifically to the 737NGX but just in case, it's a good idea. Best regards,Jim

Thanks guys much appreciatedIm not a techno person so how do I go about reinstalling these run times? By the way I turn my microsoft updates off so this may concur with what your saying,Thanks againAdam

Adam

Guest firehawk44
Thanks guys much appreciated Im not a techno person so how do I go about reinstalling these run times? By the way I turn my microsoft updates off so this may concur with what your saying, Thanks againAdam
First off, look in your Add/Remove Programs and see what you already have. Then go to the link provided above, download, and doubleclick the downloaded file and it will install. There have been a lot of updates to the dotnet program and two updates to the MSV's, one recently so you might want to manually run the update program and see if that fixes your problem first. Best regards,Jim

Thanks JimI've downloaded the update but only breifly tested it, and fingers crossed no fatal error.I'll just have to do longer flights this week and hope for the best.Thanks again

Adam

Guest jahman

You should not tunr Windows Update off! How do you expect bug fixes for MSVC and .NET runtimes to be installed on your PC?Cheers,- jahman.