Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FSDT Vancouver

Who are you addressing? If its me, please let me kmow so I can appropriately address you via a private msg.
Post #9

I would have preferred YSSY. I'm confident that CYVR will be another winner. FSDT have designed some amazing airports.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Darn I was hoping for a different airport for their next project. I guess KMIA is off the table since LVFR announced. They hinted at maybe a KATL re-do but I guess not this time.Hope they return to the US after Vancouver is done. Still plenty of work to do here!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Darn I was hoping for a different airport for their next project. I guess KMIA is off the table since LVFR announced. They hinted at maybe a KATL re-do but I guess not this time.Hope they return to the US after Vancouver is done. Still plenty of work to do here!
KATL would sell very well. There are hundreds of Delta virtual pilots alone that would purchase that one.

Eric 

KATL would sell very well. There are hundreds of Delta virtual pilots alone that would purchase that one.
Oh yeah!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Prefer a big US hub?Thats all we EVER get!Besides, last time I checked, YVR was a fairly big hub.
Yeah there are still a lot of large/busy airports in the top 50 list that have yet to be developed for FSX. I never said that YVR wasn't a large hub, I was just hoping that we would get one in the US. Looking on the top 50 list we still have yet to see the following that I would be interest in owning, not counting the BluePrint version of some of these.KIAH, KMSP, KSEA, KPDX, KDET, KBWI, KSLC, KDCA, KSAN, KIND, etc. I would be happy to get an FSDT version of any one of those.
As for Orbx and the PNW Region, there are more than enough 'serious' point A-B flights that can be done. In my opinion, any flight from point A-Z is serious. Just because its not in a 737 doesn't make it less so.In fact, armed with a whizz wheel, a VFR sectional and my brain.....its pretty much as close to actually flying as I have got in over 20 years of simming. Thats without even looking at any IFR plates, which you can still do if you so desire.Still, each to their own of course.......
Once again I never said that you couldn't do a "serious" flight in the PNW, I said that "I" have never done one. Yep, you can make serious flights in small g/a aircraft, but in the sim that's not me prefered choice for serious flying involving actually going somewhere and doing some flight planning. Although I did recreate my first solo x-country and my first solo three leg x-country in the sim that I did years ago when I was training, but as much as I love flying g/a in the real life, I dont get that same joy doing it the sim, much prefer to jump into a/c like the NGX and simulate things that I will never get to do in the real world.It oks though if not everyone is enamoured with the PNW.
I would buy a FSDT version of KATL and ditch my IS version in a heart beat.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Certainly will have this one on my must have list.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Yeah there are still a lot of large/busy airports in the top 50 list that have yet to be developed for FSX. I never said that YVR wasn't a large hub, I was just hoping that we would get one in the US. Looking on the top 50 list we still have yet to see the following that I would be interest in owning, not counting the BluePrint version of some of these.KIAH, KMSP, KSEA, KPDX, KDET, KBWI, KSLC, KDCA, KSAN, KIND, etc. I would be happy to get an FSDT version of any one of those.Once again I never said that you couldn't do a "serious" flight in the PNW, I said that "I" have never done one. Yep, you can make serious flights in small g/a aircraft, but in the sim that's not me prefered choice for serious flying involving actually going somewhere and doing some flight planning. Although I did recreate my first solo x-country and my first solo three leg x-country in the sim that I did years ago when I was training, but as much as I love flying g/a in the real life, I dont get that same joy doing it the sim, much prefer to jump into a/c like the NGX and simulate things that I will never get to do in the real world.It oks though if not everyone is enamoured with the PNW.I would buy a FSDT version of KATL and ditch my IS version in a heart beat.
All fair points. As I said each to their own.YVR is only just outside the USA. I'm sure you could stretch it.It does make a change to have something other than a US airport and Canada has been sorely neglected.

Well I have to say that I am really surprised by this news. I new that FSDT was thinking about developing but I did not really think that they would do it. I thought that there would not be that much of a market for it. Despite this fact i am personally delighted. This is my home airport and I think that people will be pleasantly surprised. The region is truly remarkable to fly in weather you are a heavy iron flyer or a low and slow. I love approaching from over the mountains from the east. There are a lot of flights that go to Asia and Europe. Other than LAX this is the best news I have heard in long time.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

...Other than LAX this is the best news I have heard in long time.
+1.Now all we need is a FlyTampa / FSDT / Flightbeam version of KSAN and I'm really happy!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I was hooping for KEWR put i guess we cant all we winners.
+1, I can't fully convert to FSX until I have a KEWR. As KEWR is my home base I am still using FS9 for my long hauls out of KEWR as FSX has no accurate representation yet.Oh well, maybe one day there will be a P3D or Flight version ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

+1, I can't fully convert to FSX until I have a KEWR. As KEWR is my home base I am still using FS9 for my long hauls out of KEWR as FSX has no accurate representation yet.Oh well, maybe one day there will be a P3D or Flight version ;)
you still using that imaginesim kewr hehe I remember a time when it was hard to run that scenery years ago I miss flying to ewr I hate the default ewr in fsx hopefully fsdt will make it after Vancouver but the possibly of ms flight coming out next year and maybe even x-plane it will probably take awhile before we see it.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Now all we need is a FlyTampa / FSDT / Flightbeam version of KSAN and I'm really happy!++10Of course - it won't be complete until someone (OrbX) does the (scary) eastern approach scenery. (OK - It may not be scary, but most definitely "interesting"!)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

you still using that imaginesim kewr hehe I remember a time when it was hard to run that scenery years ago I miss flying to ewr I hate the default ewr in fsx hopefully fsdt will make it after Vancouver but the possibly of ms flight coming out next year and maybe even x-plane it will probably take awhile before we see it.
embarrassingly enough, yes I am ;) At least now I can get 40-60FPS at KEWR depending on which A/C I am using though ;)Without KEWR for FSX I have never been able to entirely give up my FS9, funny how one scenery can keep an entire sim alive for me...Fingers crossed someone will pick up the KEWR ball...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg