Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FSDT Vancouver

Now, as a rule I would never start a rumour, I may spread one, but never start one until today,Is Umberto trying to tell us something ?http://www.fsdreamte...901.0;topicseen

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for sharing! Would love to see CYVR covered in FSDT-sauce.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

What about Jon Patch's Vancouver Plus v3 project? I wonder if the FSDT airport will pre-empt this upgrade?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Umberto confirmed. They've started working on CYVR!Given his response, I assume they'll also take Vancouver+ v3 in consideration.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Very cool I'm really happy for are Canadian friends there has been a lack of good quality airports for Canada for years, with this and flytampa's airport we will have finally have some good flights too Canada. not sure about Jon Patchs work I don't see why they could not coexist.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

This will probably be one of the few FSDT airports I skip like I did with the Hawaiian series, but it will probably sell pretty well since a lot of people are in love with the PNW.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Like most of FSDT's products, they work well with other scenery developers, i.e., Las Vegas, Hawaii, Los Angeles......I look forward to FSDT's Vancouver to work well with Jon's Vancouver 3!Paul

This will probably be one of the few FSDT airports I skip like I did with the Hawaiian series, but it will probably sell pretty well since a lot of people are in love with the PNW.
Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you want to skip this one? With Hawaii I can understand that it's to remote for some people, but with CYVR, there are plenty airports nearby enough to make a nice flight. KSFO and PANC come to mind, but there are more. And although it's of course personal; wthat's not to love about PNW?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you want to skip this one? With Hawaii I can understand that it's to remote for some people, but with CYVR, there are plenty airports nearby enough to make a nice flight. KSFO and PANC come to mind, but there are more.
Hi Frank.Well, to be honest its just not an area that I am interested in flying in the sim. Granted in real life its very pretty and I would love to head out that way at some point to ski it, but for the sim that area has never really interested me very much. I would have much prefered some of the other big name US hubs that have yet to be done or in some cases have been done, but not to a high level of quality like FSDT or FT.FWIW, I am kind of the same with PANC. Never really interested in that airport or area as well and didn't buy the AS version of it.
And although it's of course personal; wthat's not to love about PNW?
As you can see in my sig I have bought the ORBX PNW area as well as a few of the airports that go to it, but frankly for me its been a waste of money. I held off buying the PNW and the AU package for the longest time due to the fact that neither area really interested me very much and prior to those to packages I never flew in the PNW or Australia anyway. I finally took the plunge last Christmas when they had the 1/2 off sale and bought all the ORBX stuff in my sig. I had watched numerous videos on the areas as well as seen hundreds of screen shots thru the years. Finally curosity got the best of me a I bought it all and to this day, have flown probably less than 20 hours combined in the AU and PNW. For me 20 hours of flight time over the course of a year for two huge scenery packages is a complete waste of money. Actually I have never even made a real flight in either package. It's always been one of those load it up a look around for about 3o minutes, then close it and go do a "serious" flight from point A to B.I should have really listened to my gut since I had put off buying that stuff for so long since I new those areas didn't hold a lot of interest for me. So many people said the same but swore that after they flew in ORBX land they would never fly anywhere else, so I figured I might get the same satisfaction and do the same, but unfortunately it didn't work for me and as nice and pretty as it is, I just dont like those areas. I would probably feel different had they done some areas that interest me like south Florida, the Caribbean, Brasil, some parts or Europe, but the PNW and Australia just aren't one of them no matter how hard I try.The good news is that its taught me a good lesson about buying addon airports and aircraft. If the said airports/areas/planes didn't hold an interest prior to a 3rd party version comming out, then the addon versions probably wont interest you much more. I've made too many spur of the moment purchases when it comes to addons and now unless something really interests me whether it be a plane, scenery or airport, I will not buy it based off a bunch of pretty screen shots, videos and rave reviews.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And although it's of course personal; wthat's not to love about PNW?
Over-priced real-estate, and materialistic people, but I digress...YVR's a lovely airport. :-P

CYVR, that's a nice choice! We definitely need more Canadian airports. And, now that I saw that KLAX works so nicely for me, I'm confident that CYVR might actually work very well with OrbX PNW. Don't have it installed right now, but this might make me decide otherwise.Thanks for the HU!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes! Finally something decent to fly into in the pacific northwest for heavy iron types. Between this and cyul from fly tampa, canada is getting good upgrades.

Eric 

Prefer a big US hub?Thats all we EVER get!Besides, last time I checked, YVR was a fairly big hub.As for Orbx and the PNW Region, there are more than enough 'serious' point A-B flights that can be done. In my opinion, any flight from point A-Z is serious. Just because its not in a 737 doesn't make it less so.In fact, armed with a whizz wheel, a VFR sectional and my brain.....its pretty much as close to actually flying as I have got in over 20 years of simming. Thats without even looking at any IFR plates, which you can still do if you so desire.Still, each to their own of course.......

Prefer a big US hub?Thats all we EVER get!Besides, last time I checked, YVR was a fairly big hub.As for Orbx and the PNW Region, there are more than enough 'serious' point A-B flights that can be done. In my opinion, any flight from point A-Z is serious. Just because its not in a 737 doesn't make it less so.In fact, armed with a whizz wheel, a VFR sectional and my brain.....its pretty much as close to actually flying as I have got in over 20 years of simming. Thats without even looking at any IFR plates, which you can still do if you so desire.Still, each to their own of course.......
Who are you addressing? If its me, please let me kmow so I can appropriately address you via a private msg.

Eric 

This is good news for me, I love flying PNW so this will give me a nice quality large airport to use now.