Sign in to follow this  
VS0

J41 Semi black displays.

I would like to start off by saying that I have made a search on the forums for this problem and have returned no results. I am running Windows 7 64 on my newly upgraded rig and the main displays on my J41 are not showing. The engine gauges and everything else seems to be ok but as I am sure you are aware I am unable to fly this aircraft without these displays. I have attached two shots of the panel configuration and I would like to state this is the default PMDG flight.Any help very much appreciated.Rich

Also noticed throttle movements are producing power changes but the throttle levers themselves do not move and neither do any of the other prop levers. I cannot remove the locks because nothing moves.Also I have just done reinstalled Windows and still have the problem, I am also always running and installing programs as admin and I followed the Nick N guide for fsx with windows 7 found here http://www.simforums.com/Forums/topic34141_post198187.html#198187Any help with this?Rich

Be sure to load a default aircraft and let FSX start up then load the PMDG. Don't assign PMDG as the default.Try running the installer and select repair. If it wants to install runtime libraries for virtual studio C be sure to allow.You can also submitt a help ticket at the PMDG support portal. They are very helpful there.

Dan Downs KCRP

Be sure to load a default aircraft and let FSX start up then load the PMDG. Don't assign PMDG as the default.Try running the installer and select repair. If it wants to install runtime libraries for virtual studio C be sure to allow.You can also submitt a help ticket at the PMDG support portal. They are very helpful there.
Thanks for the reply, when I installed the first time the runtime libraries were also installed. I have sent a ticket over at the portal but it seems they cannot help me, well at least not so far.ThanksRich

Just to let you guys know I have managed to ge t everything going now. I uninstalled Bigfoot network manager, turned off AVG antivirus and re downloaded the product. Everything is working ok and I am taking her up for the first test flight now. Thanks a lot for your help.Rich

Hi,

I have just bought the J41 and I´m getting the same problem as described in this thread. Main screens stay black although ground power/batteries/avionic switches are set. All other screens/instruments work fine. I have already tried to download the J41 again (with antivirus turned off) but nothing has changed. Could there be any other solution for this problem? Hope somebody can help me :)

Thanks a lot

Sascha

Hi,

I have just bought the J41 and I´m getting the same problem as described in this thread. Main screens stay black although ground power/batteries/avionic switches are set. All other screens/instruments work fine. I have already tried to download the J41 again (with antivirus turned off) but nothing has changed. Could there be any other solution for this problem? Hope somebody can help me :)

Thanks a lot

Sascha

As I said make sure you do not have Bigfoot network manager installed (I was not even aware it was installed on my machine) if you do then try uninstalling it. I also disabled my sound card as it did not seem to mix well with Fsx to my disappointment. The card is an Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI so if you have either Bigfoot network manager or the same/similar sound card try disabling it and see if that works. Really strange issue but it solved it for me.

Rich

Hi,

Thanks a lot

Sascha

Same problem here, tried to reinstall from saved SP1 installer and I get the exact same as Sascha here. Tell tell signs of activation problem are no power, locked power quad and black load sheet.

Please advise.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Those are not activation problems, more likely related to the C++ runtime library. Did you install 'as admin' and did it install visual studio components? Try running repair option on the installer with 'as admin' selected.

Dan Downs KCRP

Those are not activation problems, more likely related to the C++ runtime library. Did you install 'as admin' and did it install visual studio components? Try running repair option on the installer with 'as admin' selected.

Are ou talking the JS41 installer of which to run "repair" or visual studio? How do I repair "visual studio"? How do I know it runs "visual studio component"?

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

The JS41 installer has a repair option, don't worry about the VS as long as you allow the installer to do everything is asks permission to do. Be sure to run 'as admin.'

Dan Downs KCRP