Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Quick-Read on a few items...

I just did a complete unistall and reinstall. After installing the base 800/900, I made a copy of the panel config. After installing the rest, SP1 and the 600/700, I looked at the saved cfg and made the following changes in the new panel cfg (in the base 800ngx)[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.000, 0.000, 0.000VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8It works great. I was frustrated too because the simple fix in the read me did nothing for the problem.
Just change the " WideViewAspect=False " in your FSX.CFG file to " WideViewAspect=True "No need to edit your panel config file anymore.PMDG have done it for you with SP1 !! Fred.

Just change the " WideViewAspect=False " in your FSX.CFG file to " WideViewAspect=True "No need to edit your panel config file anymore.PMDG have done it for you with SP1 !!Fred.
Thats how I had it before but it was wrong (wideviewaspect set to true), at 15 pitch degree I was feeling like I am still at 0 degree pitch, so the problem still exist.
Well its the settings it had prior to SP1 and I was happy with it then as I am now. I don't claim to be the brightest but this fix worked for me. I am sure there is a way PMDG would prefer.
I am not sure if this is like it should be. anyway, the unit you set in panel config is comfortable for flying

We found the source of the the blank captain's FMC CDU when using panel states late last night - it'll be fixed shortly in an update but the fix is quite simple if you want to do it yourself right now:Go to the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelSate folder - open each one of the NGX*.sav files in notepad or a similar plaintext editor - find the line under [CDU.0] that says "2DOpen=1" - set it to 0 and the problem will be fixed.The panel states were saved with the 2D popup version of the FMC open and the code wasn't accounting for it - the VC version blanks out if the 2D one is open to save performance and it thinks the 2D is open when it isn't - that's the source of the problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

@Fred. I tried that . The read me they included didn't resolve my problem. I tried it with both "True" and "False" and the problem stayed until I did the fix I posted. I guess it is from the ever true " no 2 computers are alike" category.

Richie Walsh

I think I have done things in the wrong orderI have completely deleted 737NGX using control panel/uninstallThen I downloaded SP1Cannot complete SP1 install as error message states cannot find PMG737XWhat can I do now PleaseThanksJohn Wheeler

I think I have done things in the wrong orderI have completely deleted 737NGX using control panel/uninstallThen I downloaded SP1Cannot complete SP1 install as error message states cannot find PMG737XWhat can I do now PleaseThanksJohn Wheeler
Reinstall the original first, then sp1

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

John if you uninstalled Base Pack.....then justget the new installer on PMDGs site, and install that one. That one include SP1.No need for an seperate SP1 then, it was only for those who wanna choose to update there old Base Installer./ Leffe

Ainda estou com a sensaçõa do panel 2D visualizando abrutamente para baixo,fiz os procedimento que foram passados ,reinstalei o NGX,SP1,mudeo o CFG para True,e não mudou nada,o que mais posso fazer? Pois uso bastante o painel 2D.

We found the source of the the blank captain's FMC CDU when using panel states late last night - it'll be fixed shortly in an update but the fix is quite simple if you want to do it yourself right now:Go to the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelSate folder - open each one of the NGX*.sav files in notepad or a similar plaintext editor - find the line under [CDU.0] that says "2DOpen=1" - set it to 0 and the problem will be fixed.The panel states were saved with the 2D popup version of the FMC open and the code wasn't accounting for it - the VC version blanks out if the 2D one is open to save performance and it thinks the 2D is open when it isn't - that's the source of the problem.
I solved in a simplest way:Loaded NGXclicked on the VC CDU1 display to open 2d panel, clicked again and restored VC CDUSaved panel state (C&D) with the same cold&dark name. (same thing if saving as another name and then loading it by default)No need to edit the files :)

Regards

Andrea Daviero