Sign in to follow this  
EgyptianPilot

Which should I buy ?

HiI've been simming for a very long time.. long story short, I stopped and I'm back right to FSXSo I'm planning to buy a new plane for medium to long flightsWhich from those planes do you recommend when speaking of system complexity and aerodynamic simulation ?Quality Wings 757iFly 737 NGMaddog MD-8x 2010PMDG 747 / MD-11or..... ?The PMDG 737NGX i tested it on a friends laptop which is superior to mine and it had a fair low fps, so it's outThe LDS 767 is kinda old and the VC is not so good in the screenshots (don't know how it is actually though)Ps. I'm not starting A vs B thread or anything... just pure personal opinion on one airplaneThanks in advance :)

Hello,in your case I would go for the QW 757, because it is frame rate friendly.But I have to tell you the NGX is at the moment the best one, you can get on the sim market!Happy landings, un saludo.Tom

I would go for the Maddog. It has the most advanced systems of the ones listed, and infact, the most advanced systems of all FSX addons. The flight model is excellent as well. I highly recommend it. The only two negatives are the vc graphics and the framerate.

The NGX is whole new ball game after the official SP1 was released last night.Before SP1 I was getting ok FPS like high teens low 20's at big airports, but after I installed SP1 last night the FPS are thru the roof. Now easily getting FPS in the high 20's at super heavy airports, but mostly FPS between 35 and 50. Plus the RAM draw is much less post SP1.Have your friend install SP1 and try it again. Dont get the Mad Dog, its way worse on performance on my rig compared to the NGX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

HiI've been simming for a very long time.. long story short, I stopped and I'm back right to FSXSo I'm planning to buy a new plane for medium to long flightsWhich from those planes do you recommend when speaking of system complexity and aerodynamic simulation ?Quality Wings 757iFly 737 NGMaddog MD-8x 2010PMDG 747 / MD-11or..... ?The PMDG 737NGX i tested it on a friends laptop which is superior to mine and it had a fair low fps, so it's outThe LDS 767 is kinda old and the VC is not so good in the screenshots (don't know how it is actually though)Ps. I'm not starting A vs B thread or anything... just pure personal opinion on one airplaneThanks in advance :)
HelloIf the NGX was too heavy on the frames then all of those others will be too, especially the Maddog as it is an FS9 portover.The NGX can be set up to give better frames though and is faster after SP1.The most framerate friendly Commercial jet is http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=uas80proThe QW 757 is not as complex as the others listed.

The PMDG 737NGX i tested it on a friends laptop which is superior to mine and it had a fair low fps, so it's out
Although the Maddog is the best it terms of systems complexity and authenticity - if the PMDG model killed the fps - the Maddog will do the same, perhaps even moreso.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

From your list i'd say the QW757.Its a great add-on..yes its light on systems but i still find very imersive.Its has enough to keep you occupied in cruise, the sounds are amazing IMO.Its will also give you the most FPS, out of those on the list.