Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

2D cockpit - outside view is now too low...

Isn't the hud horizon not correctly allined with the real horizon because the earth is a ball?Maybe the HUD assums that the earth is flat and shows the horizon above the real horizon. Maybe the HUD shows a tangent line from the actual position of the plane forward.

2D panels are an inherently unrealistic way of viewing out the cockpit of an airliner - something is going to be misaligned no matter what we do. This is why the VC exists.It's not changing. Before SP1 we had loads of complaints that the view was angled too high and you couldn't see the runway while on approach. Now everyone's complaining about something else that fixing the first problem caused - you cannot have it both ways.Rich, no the real HUD's horizon line is not perfectly in line with the ground horizon - I don't have the technical explanation at the moment but it was verified by one of our tech team members in the real aircraft during development.
I like it much more the actual 2D than previuos one. Now i fly sometimes from the 2D; before SP1. it was impossible to perform an approach and land the ac.Regards.Miquel Egea.

I'm having 2D view down problems as well, tried altering values in VIEW_FORWARD_DIR area but nothing seems to change on actual screen.

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-1.000, 0.000, 0.000

any suggestions?