Sign in to follow this  
gooo

NGX activation problem

Hello everyone,I know this is not the right section but there is an error if I try to go in to " contact us " feature.I've installed the ngx on my home pc 2 times. Now I'm with my laptops and when I try to eneter the serial it says limit exceeded... What Can I do? Also, i'm going to buy a new laptop, so I'll install everything in there. Do I need to buy another copy??Thanks

Hello everyone,I know this is not the right section but there is an error if I try to go in to " contact us " feature.I've installed the ngx on my home pc 2 times. Now I'm with my laptops and when I try to eneter the serial it says limit exceeded... What Can I do? Also, i'm going to buy a new laptop, so I'll install everything in there. Do I need to buy another copy??Thanks
I was under the impression you are only supposed to use this software on one pc only i may be wrong my friend

gooo, did you get a reply from them yet ? I bought the EDS but the activation key still doesnt work. I had it on two computers no problem and then one of them melted (motherboard) and I just bought an amazing gaming computer but I cannot get this amazing product to activate.

According to the EULA you can have the NGX installed on 2 computers if it is used on only one computer at a time. You still have to contact PMDG Support to get the second computer approved.The installer makes note of your hardware configuration when you activate the NGX the first time. If your hardware changes and you reinstall it on a new computer it is going to assume your trying to install the NGX on multiple systems and deny your activation.Many companies take this approach today and require an internet connection to activate your software as a way of protecting their Intellectual Property Rights.

The issue is that I already bought the EDS (extened download service) for the ngx and i talked to support ticket staff and they approved the EDS but the activation key is still an issue. Its like its saying I've reinstalled it more that once (which I have installed it once on my other desktop, 2wice on my melted out computer because of the ngx update. SO maybe there is whole *you cant use it more than 3 times* issue ? I did reply to them telling them It's the activation key that isnt going through. I hope they can clear this problem for one more download so I can fly this beauty on my new gaming comp.Its kinda sad because I just bought this computer on friday after being without a computer for 3 months (other comp cant access because of parent's business) and I JUST FINALLY got this computer and I havent been able to fly FSX once and its sunday ... boy, I have EVERY accuse to stay up late tonight haha ..

Just send a support ticket and they'll sort it out for ya. Give them some time it'll get fixed. Not much we can do for ya in the forums unfourtunately.

The problem is one of my computers runs off a different I.P address. would that be the issue too ?
No. Just open a ticket explaining your activation problem and they'll fix ou up.

kk thank you very much guys, I hope I get this up and running by the after noon (pdt) so i can spend the rest of the day hopping around in a Southwest Airlines. Now is EDS also suppose to give you extra use of the activation key ? I did ask pmdg to approve it but that activation key doesnt work .

oh, it just wouldnt make sense to extend the times you can download it but not the activation key that actually makes the product work :/ oh well, I did what you guys recommend and now just to wait for the activation to work again .