Sign in to follow this  
Beuttner

Call outs and sound

Question:I have enabled all call out options in CDU, but I can not hear them.I also do not have seatbelt sound, chime, autopilot disengagementand warning sounds (too low......+ apu fire warnings)Does anybody knows what I am doing wrong ?Thank you very much and greetings......Markus

Sounds like you are not hearing any panel sounds at all - goto the FMC / Sound Options and make sure you select the correct sound card to playback all PMDG custom sounds.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I tried it, but I have no device to choose in PMDG options page.I have a Logitech Z Cinema Surround system............

OK, now I got !!!!!Thank you very much........I did not activate them in FSX !!!!!!!!!!!Great support !Greetings...Markus

Now the ignorant question :(Why there is no " rotate " call out ?

Now the ignorant question mellow.pngWhy there is no " rotate " call out ?
I have noticed that on the 600 & 700 there is now a “rotate” which is normally said either at the same time at V1 or seconds after (which is normal so I am told for the Boeing 737)...Maybe it’s missing from the 800/900 base pack? Have to installed service pack one?Kimberly Richmond-Jones

Yes it is missing from the 800/900 base pack because It was added in SP1 - i'm suprised you haven't installed it yet !!!!! Shocked.gif

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Yes it is missing from the 800/900 base pack because It was added in SP1 - i'm suprised you haven't installed it yet !!!!! Shocked.gif
I have installed the SP1 and despite I have set each call out on in the FMC I can hear V1, V2 but not rotate.Do you also hear V2 ?

Hello guys......still have the same problem.I activated my sound system inside FSX, but no deviceto choose inside FMC.What happened ?????Does anybody knows what is the reason ?Thank you very much and greetings...Markus

Markus,Follow these instructions:1) Uninstall the NGX.2) Manually delete this folder:...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX3) Reinstall your soundcard driver.4) Reinstall Direct X.5) Reinstall the NGX.Hope that helps.

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

OK Armen,I did all as you explained, but no device to choose and no cockpit sounds at all.I appreciate your and all other supports very much, but I decided now not to flythis bird anymore, because I spent lots of hours to solve this problem.I can not understand this option, because all my other airplaines PMDGJ41 + 747,CS 757/767, DAFokker, Airbus X....are OK without choosing this specific sound option.Thanks again and greetings.....Markus

This is very strange Markus,You are the only customer who has ever experienced this issue - so it is most likely there is something going on unique to your PC which is causing this.I suggest retrying my suggestion again, fully uninstall your sound card drivers, also considering using a driver cleaner to make sure, disable virus checkers when reinstalling, reinstall Direct X drivers and runtimes, also the Visual Studio runtimes as well, then install the NGX.Apart from this there is not much else I can suggest unfortunately.

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer