Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2001

AI Shipping Do Complete Packages Exist ?

Psolk, would you consider sharing the file with removed wakes if it were ok with Johan?

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha, nothing to share, I believe all I did was going into the effects folder and remove the two wake.fx files.    

Going off memory for now, will check when home though!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Sascha, nothing to share, I believe all I did was going into the effects folder and remove the two wake.fx files.

Simple solutions are often the best, you're a genius! Will do the same if you could post the names of the files in question.

Cheers,

Sascha

By removing the wakes you won't see the ships from higher altitude anymore. While crossing the Atlantic f.i. you won't see ships anyway.

Bernard

Bernard, I wouldn't mind that much. What I like about Johan's package is that you get lots of ships all over, I don't necessarily expect to see them from altitude. Passing over the North Sea from Glasgow ro Berlin I didn't actually see that many ships from cruising level. Removing the wakes will make the landlocked ships inconspicuous, which is more important to me.

Regards,

Sascha

.... landlocked ships inconspicuous

Is that like military intelligence?

Is that like military intelligence?

I get ships a 100 miles inland and they do stick out from miles off with the wakes ...

I removed this simply because landlocked ships, wake or not, were much too glaringly evident for my taste.  I'm not a stickler for "as real as it gets" ...... but those land-yachts were a bit much.

Gotta say that this project, if cleaned up, would be a great addition to VFR flying scenery.

Gotta say that this project, if cleaned up, would be a great addition to VFR flying scenery.

I agree with you 100%!

So meanwhile I'm building up my own static shipping world - less quantity, but more accurate and with priority at approach paths.

Bernard

It is pretty easy to use SBuilder to create an exclude. I recently did something very similar to fixing this when I converted the ORBX Olympic peninsula freeware for my FS9... Their shorelines don't like up perfectly with ultimate terrain, so there were beached ferries and floating ferry docks. Admittedly, the Olympic peninsula is much smaller than the world is, but it only took me an hour or so to clean up the whole area of coverage. If we all worked on a chunk of land, we might collect as a group effort a set of excludes that would make this package useable for all.

So sometimes when FS9 AI aircraft just isnt enough!! LOL

PortEverglades_zps6d6b15ce.jpg

PortEverglades2_zpse7e00bfe.jpg

PortEverglades3_zpsb773c05a.jpg

So after a night of frustration last night in trying to get the AI Ships to move rather then just disappear on the spot I have had a little success..

Just need to iron out them all leaving at once and running into each other!! But overall Im happy to have them on the go..

This is of Port Everglades (Fsdreamteams KFLL in the background so happy with frames)....Need to add a port scenery now LOL

Im using a variety of freeware ships (fs-shipyards) plus ships from my flytampa scenery's so unsure if I'll release, maybe just the flightplans and AF2 files..

Was pretty easy to pick up, just studied a few of the AF2 files from Flytampa for their shipping plus watched,

Flukey you might find some inspiration from a recent package uploaded to Avsim's library for just FSX and P3D called 179_ai_ships_and_ai_ship_traffic.zip

I have installed it, and related downloads, into P3Dv2 and it is truly excellent.   ^_^

So im starting to get the hang of this especially getting traffic to move in such a tight area...

Ive managed to stagger the time of departures for various vessels to prevent a mass departure and major conflicts..

Ive even managed to add the coast guard with the smaller boats running up and down the beaches and estuary's

Still a WIP but will add some life to a few of my approaches

EVERGLADES2_zpsec597652.jpg

EVERGLADES3_zps559d3ed4.jpg

EVERGLADES_zpse319c5f3.jpg

Flukey you might find some inspiration from a recent package uploaded to Avsim's library for just FSX and P3D called 179_ai_ships_and_ai_ship_traffic.zip

It's build up completely different, and isn't of any use with FS9.

@Flukey: For a better time managment you also could add several Afcad.

Bernard