Sign in to follow this  
wfr747

NGX and 744 for X-Plane !

I for one will be buying xplane 10 and if I enjoy it enough I WILL buy pmdg products for xplane if they port them

Praying.gifPraying.gif I don't know if it's true but I heard from a good friend that FSX ad/ons (planes??) will work with Microsoft Flight !!!! Praying.gifPraying.gif He can't say who told him but I suspect it is someone from an inside ad/on company !!!!Because I do know he has contact's over there!!

Praying.gifPraying.gif I don't know if it's true but I heard from a good friend that FSX ad/ons (planes??) will work with Microsoft Flight !!!! Praying.gifPraying.gif
seriously doubt that is good news as it means again backwards compatibility and paying tribute to older codes instead of new coding from scratch... just my 2cents

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

seriously doubt that is good news as it means again backwards compatibility and paying tribute to older codes instead of new coding from scratch... just my 2cents
+1

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

If PMDG is porting to XPlane 10, that seems to be a nail in the MSFlight coffin. A pretty big nail

so will xplane X have good ATC, AI aircraft, dynamic airports, better interface, etc). PMDG cant fix those short comings...
yesyesyesyes
Actually the answer to ATC is TBD. AI is still limited to 20 AI aircraft, but they are using some creative ways to keep AI in focus with your plane. For example Delta 234 fly a flightplan as normal but when it leaves your air space a new flight say Southwest 561 will spawn to take it's place. Where the second aircraft came from is anybody's guess. ATC is said to sound more realistic, but I think that is yet to be demonstrated.Also like LOWI was the only detailed airport for X-Plane-9, Seattle will be the only detailed airport for X-Plane 10. I think though there will be some generic airport structures at other airports, although that's not even clear.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Keep in mind that the majority of people that bought FS don't even know Avsim exsits let alone PMDG. The hardcore sim Market is not that big so I doubt Microsoft would be too worried.Regards

Rob Prest

I think the jist of the related topic over in the XPlane general discussion forum on avsim is that with aerosoft being on board for xp10, they are keen for PMDG to get on board too. Hence why they gave PMDG a beta copy. So nothing is for definite until you hear an official statement from the PMDG team.

Gavin Price

Well at least we all know what is coming before the 777 and Dash 8. Man I hope X-Plane turns out to be just as good as it is being hyped up to be.Rich

I've had all the X-Planes going back to version 4. Matter of fact I've got 71.8GBs of X-Plane v9 updated to 9.7installed on my 'D" drive right now. It runs pretty good on my system: better than ever before.The thing I've always found kind of peculiar about X-Plane is the ATC interaction and the view optionsotherwise, I like it.

That is what I read:"Austin also reports that PMDG received a beta of X-Plane 10 two days ago and is considering converting their gorgeous 737 and 747 to X-plane."Key word is 'considering'. PMDG just got their X-Plane 10 beta two days ago... converting those monsters over to work in X-Plane would not be a simple job.But if X-Plane 10 is good and 'Flight' turns out to be some kind of iPad app (who knows at this point), then maybe X-Plane will be the true heir apparent....

That is what I read:"Austin also reports that PMDG received a beta of X-Plane 10 two days ago and is considering converting their gorgeous 737 and 747 to X-plane."Key word is 'considering'.PMDG just got their X-Plane 10 beta two days ago... converting those monsters over to work in X-Plane would not be a simple job.But if X-Plane 10 is good and 'Flight' turns out to be some kind of iPad app (who knows at this point), then maybe X-Plane will be the true heir apparent....
So if this happens will you be on board the xplane train Bryan?Praying.gif

So if this happens will you be on board the xplane train Bryan?Praying.gif
I really don't know, frankly.If the majority of the market moves over to X-Plane, then probably.But I'm not sure that will happen.FSX is really coming into its own now that the hardware is available to run it at close to full max potential... so I think unless X-Plane 10 is stunningly brilliant, I think most of the market will stick with FSX for the next while.For X-Plane to takeover the current payware market, they'll really need to pull PMDG, ORBX, etc, over on to their side first.

Guys, I was there and listened to the original announcement that was made there: Mr. Diekmann, CEO of Aerosoft, who are responsible for the distribution of X-Plane 10 in Europe, said "PMDG have received a copy of X-Plane 10 beta, so they can consider converting their 737 or 747 for X-Plane".Someone heard "Beta, PMDG, 737, XPlane" and concluded that PMDG had a beta of the 737 running in X-Plane. That is NOT what they said.PMDG got a copy of X-Plane 10 beta 7. It's not sure they even asked for it. Aerosoft send them one as a compliment.It is not even sure that PMDG will even look into it. Well, they would be foolish if they didn't, so I think they will.Then they must decide whether they want take up the process of converting.Converting the 3d exterior is the easiest part. There exist export plugins for Autodesk 3ds max to X-Plane. Aerosoft has them. Also, the 3d interior shouldn't be a big problem, also the textures.The problem starts when they want to convert the flight model. There is no converter. This is not an easy process, and not a process that can be automated. It takes a lot of time of manual tuning.The IXEG folks spent half a year of tuning their 737-400 flightmodel for X-Plane. With a considerable amount of hours in a real D-Level 737 sim at Lufthansa. And those are the best experts for X-Plane, having worked on X-Plane for years already. If it takes them half a year, it will take PMDG without X-Plane experience a year to reach the same result.Then there is the programming of all the systems. Also this cannot be converted. Sure, the logic can be re-used, and if PMDG did a good job in software design and have a good separation of concerns in their code, they can re-use some of their sourcecode, but at least all the data-access (converting from simconnect to X-Plane datarefs) and all the display rendering (converting from GDI+ to openGL) code has to be rewritten from scratch.And, moreover, right now they programmed on Windows, and used a Windows toolchain. For X-Plane, they have to be Mac compatible. This means a switch to another toolchain (from visual studio to gcc or clang). If they use a lot of windows-proprietary stuff in their code, this will also have to be rewritten.All things considered, I would be extremely surprised if we see a 737NGX for X-Plane any sooner than Christmas 2013.Philipp

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil