Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Whoo Hoo! Thrust Reversers Working Flawlessly!

After my first 2 attempts ended up in failure I am happy to say the third time is the charm. I think the reason this did not work for me first 2 times was because I still had some of my AXIS in FSX and they were conflicting with FSUIPC. Here is how I configured mine. Look at the images first and then I will explain what I did below each image. Also note this was done for the X52 Pro Throttle but should work with any Throttle that has an Ident.axisl.gifGo to the Axis Assignment Tab and Use the Rescan button so FSUIPC knows what Axis your configuring and move the throttle back and forth. For type of Action required Choose Throttle. For Control sent when range Entered Choose Throttle Decrease and also check box below it that says Control to repeat whilst in range. You also setup the Range. -16384 is the backstop of my Throttle. -14043 is roughly right before the Ident starts when pushing the throttle forward. Now go to the Joystick Calibration Tabcalibration.gifNow here Under Throttle, -10142 is right before the ident begins when pulling backwards and 16256 is Max Thrust. In the past you had to pull the throttle back to idle and wait a second or two before pulling it through the dead zone and all the way back into the reverse thrust zone. If you did not delay a second or two and just pulled it all the way back real fast most times the thrusters would not deploy. But with the way I have it set above there is no need to delay anymore.I tested this doing an aborted take off 3 times. You can be at full power and just pull the throttle all the way to the backstop without delaying at the dead zone as fast as you want to and the reversers will still deploy.Through testing it so far it has worked consistantly and not failed once. When landing I just pull back to the begining of the Detent and I am at idle, then when wheels down I just pull it back to the backstop and reversers deploy. When at 60 knots push throttle foward to the idle position.Fantastic! Now I can assign my trigger button to something else. Big%20Grin.gif

Working with Logitech G940!!! WOW it's fantastic!!!Thanks thanks and thanks!!!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Good to hear Paul. Thank for sharing. I take it that there is no "button" activation at the idle detent position on the x52 so this a clean way around it. The more I get into FSUIPC, the more I realize just how useful it is. As you pointed out, using FSUIPC to calibrate the flight controls has made the difference between joyful hand flying and frustration. Now I click off A/P, click off A/T and hand fly mostly all my landings weather permitting.

Working with Logitech G940!!! WOW it's fantastic!!!Thanks thanks and thanks!!!
I have a G940 and there is not an IDENT on the throttles. How are you determining where the IDENT is? How do you consistently know where idle is vs. reverse thrust on the throttles? Mine is smooth through the entire range that the throttles can move.Thanks,Lynn Fisher

wish this would work with the CH throttle but there is a large deadspot that cant seem to remove

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I have a G940 and there is not an IDENT on the throttles. How are you determining where the IDENT is? How do you consistently know where idle is vs. reverse thrust on the throttles? Mine is smooth through the entire range that the throttles can move.Thanks,Lynn Fisher
Yes, but ...I left a small dead zone between idle and reverse ...A small stick line in the thortle and another lined in the support can help too

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

wish this would work with the CH throttle but there is a large deadspot that cant seem to remove
the deadspot can be as small or as large as you like

I am talking about a dead spot from idle half way up the throttle and I have not been able to remove it when using the reverser zone with FSUIPC, if i untick the reverser zone I have full range and no dead spot, if you can tell me how to get rid of the dead spot I would be very grateful Graham, cheers

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Remember when your reversers don't work, don't worry instead open that window and throw your lunch into the engine. :) Works every time.

Remember when your reversers don't work, don't worry instead open that window and throw your lunch into the engine. :) Works every time.
Thats a new one for me! Funny! LOL.gifJust%20Kidding.gifWhile searching on how to set this all up right today I came across a post by the developer of FSUIPC (Peter Dowson). He was saying if your controls do not have an ident you can custom make one fairly easy. Something about using a piece of plastic and attaching it to the base of the controller so when you pull the lever back it will offer resistance when it hits the plastic. You just make it so its not so strong that you can't pull the lever through it but tense enough you can feel it when it comes back and rubs against it. Seems like it would be an easy thing to make, doesn't take rocket science.One little hitch I just ran into at KMCO during push and start. I have heard of this happening to others before and I am pretty sure it is FSUIPC related. I went to start 1 engine that worked fine, when I tried to start second engine nothing would happen and it would not start. So went back to my save at the gate and went into FSUIPC and checked my axis and made sure they were all working then tried again and it worked fine second time. So it might be a good idea before you push back to go into FSUIPC, open it up test your axis make sure they are working. I think sometimes FSX disconnects from FSUIPC for some reason and by opening FSUIPC and testing a button or two or an axis it refeshes FSUIPC and then all works again.

Update: Flew into KORD tonight from KMCO. Winds was 200 at 18 knots gusting to 25. Decided on Rwy 22R at 7500 ft. Thinking I was in for a rough ride and might float a bit I went with Flaps 30 at 160 knots. (Vref plus winds) Did my new Reverser setup work? Yep! Was amazing how fast I slowed down. With the winds gusting at 25 knots plus max autobrakes I was able to stop just after crossing 14L / 34R and took Taxiways U H to gate. Guess 7500 feet runways are overkill for the NGX. Devil.gif Next time I sure won't be using Max autobrakes. I coulda just went to the end of the runway and got to my gate quicker. rolleyes.gif KORD Airport Diagram: http://204.108.4.16/...111/00166AD.PDF

Hey Paul, i just set up as per your OP and it works perfectly. Been fiddling with this for weeks, so many thanks.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg